Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I already did this and did not work, neither the hardware reset, so I had to let the battery discharge.
If I remember well I saw that combo in the built in manual, I'll try it when my DSi is low on battery, in the case it does not work.
You mean holding the power to turn it off didn't work?

Reactions: banjo2

aea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That shouldn't be the case, I have crashed my DSi dozens of times in multiple ways and holding power always worked iirc, try holding it for longer
Ok, I'll try it when my system is almost discharged. An interesting fact is that I've seen the issue with System Flaw and DSx86, which work in DSi mode, but I'm actually playing de Super Mario 64 port for DSi flawlesly until now.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'll try it when my system is almost discharged. An interesting fact is that I've seen the issue with System Flaw and DSx86, which work in DSi mode, but I'm actually playing de Super Mario 64 port for DSi flawlesly until now.
Holding the power button until it shuts off should work, it's a software freeze not a hardware one. Test again and see.

Mussading

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Nope, not possible.
Hi there Robz8 hope you have a good day
I updated TwLmenu++ to last version on my ndsi today and I noted that it can take a screenshoot in bootstrap menu, Its very cool
here comes an idea
If it possible to add realtime cheat in bootstrap menu just like luma3ds or NTR doing
or realtime save/load or gaming strategy
something like that

You doing very great job by the way

Kfa526

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, i'm not sure if here is the place to ask/report about problems but.... i have found a problem with the latest release

basically after the bootstrap loads both screens get white and the game freezes

so far i have found it happens only in two games: KH Re:Coded and Atelier Annie. I also get the white screens in Naruto Shippuden Shinobi Rumble however i can load the bootstrap menu and close this game, unlike the first two.

i use a DSi XL, and in the TWL settings i have ARM9 set to TWL and VRAM on, but all other options are off, i have tried changing both of these options plus the Card read DMA option both in the TWL settings and in the per game settings but no combination of settings seems to work. i have also tried other dumps, but the problem doesn't seem related to that, also i know that, at least KH Re:Coded worked perfectly in the v18.0.0 release. so i don't know, i also don't have Hiya installed, just unlaunch and TWL menu in the console sd. Finally i don't really have that many games so i don't know if it is a general problem so far i only found it in those 3 games but the rest of my games don't have that problem. Well i think that's all so, well any help is welcome, and thanks y'all
Did you ever figure out how to fix the naruto shonobi rumble mine works for a few seconds but it just freezes on a white screen after the tomy logo. Is there any fix???

Benlo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ibenlo.com
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded twilight menu from the universal updater app, and when starting it up it didn’t give me the option of which system I’m using. I installed the TWPatcher widescreen patch but I can’t swap aspect ratios in twilight’s settings because I assume it has me on the NDS version. I tried the nightly version and the same thing, am I doing something wrong?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded twilight menu from the universal updater app, and when starting it up it didn’t give me the option of which system I’m using. I installed the TWPatcher widescreen patch but I can’t swap aspect ratios in twilight’s settings because I assume it has me on the NDS version. I tried the nightly version and the same thing, am I doing something wrong?
TWiLight Menu++ now auto-detects what console you're using. The guide you followed contains outdated information.

To get widescreen working, please delete "TwlBg.cxi" (if exists) at "sd:/luma/sysmodules/", and then follow this guide here.

Benlo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ibenlo.com
XP
Country
United States
TWiLight Menu++ now auto-detects what console you're using. The guide you followed contains outdated information.

To get widescreen working, please delete "TwlBg.cxi" (if exists) at "sd:/luma/sysmodules/", and then follow this guide here.

Thanks a ton for your help! As for widescreen on a per-game basis, does it do that automatically?

Benlo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ibenlo.com
XP
Country
United States
Answered my own question by just playing some games, no worries!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes. TWiLight Menu++ detects a widescreen cheat file, before booting the game.
However, you can disable widescreen per-game, via the per-game settings menu.
Thanks for your patience and help!

Updates

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v21.5.0

Includes nds-bootstrap v0.46.3

Improvements
  • (@Pk11) Directory loading is now a bit faster.
  • (@Pk11 and various) Updated translations, and added Romanian, Arabic, and Brazilian Portuguese.
  • DSi-based themes: All music files have been converted to IMA-ADPCM, saving 8MB in total!
    • Music quality of Regular, Classic, and HBL have been improved!
    • As a side effect, music will need to be decoded into a new file, when using a specific one for the first time, which will take some time. (Make sure you have at least 35MB of free space on the SD card.)
Bug fixes
  • DSi-based themes: Fixed some memory allocation issues.
  • Added more known games to the card read DMA, asynch card read, and TWL clock speed blacklists.

Ace-CROSS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... How i update Twilight Menu++ on my flashcart? I'm trying using my 3DS (with Twilight Menu++ too), but the option "Update Twilight Menu++" doen't appear in Options...

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... How i update Twilight Menu++ on my flashcart? I'm trying using my 3DS (with Twilight Menu++ too), but the option "Update Twilight Menu++" doen't appear in Options...
You need to enable "SCFG access for Slot-1" in TWLMenu++ Settings, and then launch your flashcard via TWLMenu++, and then go into TWLMenu++ Settings to see the update option.

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
How can I play dsiware games in twilight menu r4? the flashcard version only let me play in ds mode everything, thats why I need to force dsi mode, can it be possible?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I play dsiware games in twilight menu r4? the flashcard version only let me play in ds mode everything, thats why I need to force dsi mode, can it be possible?
In the console side of TWLMenu++, you need to turn on "SCFG access for Slot-1", and then launch your flashcard via TWLMenu++, and launch TWLMenu++ from your flashcard menu, if it's currently not set to autoboot TWLMenu++.
After doing so, make sure the location is shown as "Slot-1 microSD", when the menu appears. If it's only shown as either "SD Card" or "microSD Card", then after loading is done, press SELECT+Up/Down to switch to the flashcard contents.
Please note that certain DSiWare will not work from a flashcard using that method, so if this applies to some of your DSiWare titles as well, you'll need to run it from the console's SD card instead.

EDIT: Just remembered that TWiLight Menu++ copies the launched DSiWare title to a temporary location on the SD card, by default.
As a result, most of your titles should work fine, when launched from a flashcard.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks Robz8 for this new update :)

Are you able to launch DSX86 on 3DS mode ? It takes ages to initialize and keyboard is unresponsive. I tried different settings but none worked.

Tested on real DSi, no problem so far.

Last edited by CrashMidnick,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Robz8 for this new update :)

Are you able to launch DSX86 on 3DS mode ? It takes ages to initialize and keyboard is unresponsive. I tried different settings but none worked.

Tested on real DSi, no problem so far.
3DS mode would be when you're outside DS(i) mode, so no. It only runs in DS(i) mode.

Also, for touch input to work, the homebrew would need to be recompiled using the latest versions of the used libraries, but since it's not open-source, you'd need to ask the developer of DSx86 to do so.

Reactions: banjo2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: byes