Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After settings reset AAI2 doesn't launch anymore, "This game requires a donor ROM to run. Please set an existing DS SDK5 game as donor ROM."
I guess this rom is cursed and I need to move to another game.
Wait, is the game on the SD card, or the flashcard?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New 3DS XL
If TWiLight Menu++ is installed on your console's SD card, you should turn on Slot-1 SCFG access in the console's TWLMenu++ Settings, and then turn on Auto-start Slot-1, if your flashcard is set to autoboot TWLMenu++.
After doing so, launch TWLMenu++ from the 3DS HOME Menu, whenever you want to run your flashcard games. If you don't see your flashcard games, press SELECT+Up/Down to switch from the SD contents to the flashcard contents.

Shigeru89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi. I am facing an issue with the latest version(s) of Twilight Menu (I hadn't updated for some time). When I try to launch the previously played game, it turns widescreen but in 4:3 aspect ratio (the screen is narrowed horizontally, since it thinks that it's played in widescreen but the view is not expanded). This happens without even having applied the widescreen patch. In case the widescreen patch is applied, the patch works fine until I select the option to launch the previously played game. In this case the patch stops working and it stays always in 4:3 or 16:10, depending on your settings. This applies to even the main screen of Twilight Menu, while the option for aspect ratio is vanished from settings. Of course, in case that it stays to 4:3, every time the last played game option is selected, the view is again in widescreen narrowed to 4:3. I've tried to clean install the Twilight Menu multiple times and re-applied the patch multiple times as well. The issue is still not fixed.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I am facing an issue with the latest version(s) of Twilight Menu (I hadn't updated for some time). When I try to launch the previously played game, it turns widescreen but in 4:3 aspect ratio (the screen is narrowed horizontally, since it thinks that it's played in widescreen but the view is not expanded). This happens without even having applied the widescreen patch. In case the widescreen patch is applied, the patch works fine until I select the option to launch the previously played game. In this case the patch stops working and it stays always in 4:3 or 16:10, depending on your settings. This applies to even the main screen of Twilight Menu, while the option for aspect ratio is vanished from settings. Of course, in case that it stays to 4:3, every time the last played game option is selected, the view is again in widescreen narrowed to 4:3. I've tried to clean install the Twilight Menu multiple times and re-applied the patch multiple times as well. The issue is still not fixed.
Can you get video of this?

Reactions: banjo2

AamitMorthos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unsure about this and couldn't find a clear answer, but am I able to get a japanese physical game, have the patch files on a flashcart or sd card, and play that JP game with the patch?

I know I could dump the game, apply the patch, and play it off the sd card. Understand that that's easier, this is just something I'm also interested in.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unsure about this and couldn't find a clear answer, but am I able to get a japanese physical game, have the patch files on a flashcart or sd card, and play that JP game with the patch?

I know I could dump the game, apply the patch, and play it off the sd card. Understand that that's easier, this is just something I'm also interested in.
Would probably be hard to implement.

Updates

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v21.2.0

Includes nds-bootstrap v0.45.0

What's new?
  • Widescreen is now supported for these games:
    • A Little Bit of... Nintendo Touch Golf (Untested)
    • Bakugan: Defenders of the Core
    • Dementium: The Ward (Russian translation)
    • Dementium II (Russian translation)
    • Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen (Russian translation)
    • Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride (Russian translation)
    • Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
    • Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (Russian translation)
    • Final Fantasy III (Russian translation)
    • Final Fantasy IV (Russian translation)
    • Metroid Prime: Hunters (Russian translation)
    • Moon (Russian translation)
    • moonshineDS
    • Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (Russian translation)
    • Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (Russian translation)
    • Super Mario Galaxy DS (2017)
    • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
    • Tomb Raider: Underworld (Russian translation)
  • (@lifehackerhansol) YSMenu is now used as the as flashcard loader for DSONE(i) SDHC.
Bug fixes
  • Fixed where TWLMenu++ would not switch out of widescreen after running a game that uses an xdelta patch instead of a cheat file.
  • Widescreen mode is now activated for the widescreen-patched Mario Kart DS (USA) ROM.
  • The icons for the Castle Conqueror games no longer flicker.
  • These games have been added to the asynch card read blacklist, so you no longer need to manually turn off the feature for those games to not crash:
    • Blazer Drive
    • Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
    • Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
    • Pokémon Black 2 & White 2
    • Sonic Classic Collection

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Shigeru89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Can you get video of this?
I've uploaded a video without the widescreen patch having been applied (fresh installation): https://streamable.com/qzz1t5
Here are two screenshots for comparison:

1.png
2.png

Initially you can see that the screen ratio is fine. When I run the game as "last played", the "NDS Bootrap" splash screen and the 3D elements of the in-game overworld are narrowed horizontally.
In case I activate the patch, I think that the behavior is unstable. In my latest tries, when I run a game with the aspect ratio set to 4:3 as "last played" it runs in widescreen instead. Of course widescreen stays forever and the "aspect ratio" option vanishes from settings.

I should clarify that every issue occurs when I run the game though the "last played game" option.

Last edited by Shigeru89,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've uploaded a video without the widescreen patch having been applied (fresh installation): https://streamable.com/qzz1t5
Here are two screenshots for comparison:

View attachment 271022 View attachment 271023

Initially you can see that the screen ratio is fine. When I run the game as "last played", the "NDS Bootrap" splash screen and the 3D elements of the in-game overworld are narrowed horizontally.
In case I activate the patch, I think that the behavior is unstable. In my latest tries, when I run a game with the aspect ratio set to 4:3 as "last played" it runs in widescreen instead. Of course widescreen stays forever and the "aspect ratio" option vanishes from settings.

I should clarify that every issue occurs when I run the game though the "last played game" option.
Fixed in the below release.

v21.2.1 (hotfix)

Improvement
  • (@Pk11 and various) Updated translations.
Bug fix
  • DS Classic Menu: Fixed widescreen being activated if turned off, or not being activated if turned on.

mohammadbu50

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
hey i'd like to make custom images appear on the menu at the top screen when selecting games instead of it just displaying "No Photo", is that possible? and can i do it on other console games like GBA?

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
hey i'd like to make custom images appear on the menu at the top screen when selecting games instead of it just displaying "No Photo", is that possible? and can i do it on other console games like GBA?
The box art instructions and the general top screen photo instructions are in the first post

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you need the boxart downloader for the pc, I have it. the most recent one doesn't work for some reason or at least that's the way it was, so I uploaded mine, which worked for people.

LamerGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I recently made the switch to TM after using the standard flash card firmware on my 2020 R4 Gold. I'm loving the menu layout and smooth GBA functionality, but I am having an issue with a translated ROM of Soma Bringer where the screen goes black after selecting a character (from a .sav made before using TM). Other games that had save data from the previous firmware seem to be fine, including another translated ROM. Any idea if there's a fix? Does the game file need a specific name or anything?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I recently made the switch to TM after using the standard flash card firmware on my 2020 R4 Gold. I'm loving the menu layout and smooth GBA functionality, but I am having an issue with a translated ROM of Soma Bringer where the screen goes black after selecting a character (from a .sav made before using TM). Other games that had save data from the previous firmware seem to be fine, including another translated ROM. Any idea if there's a fix? Does the game file need a specific name or anything?
Try turning off nds-bootstrap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Sup nerds