Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

WillD7545

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put Twilight Menu on one of those 208n1 Ace3DS+ clones and it is not playing some roms that play fine on my R4 clone. Is there a way to use the card's kernel instead of ntrbootstrap?

Madhat2121

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hello I need help with pokemon renegade platinum. the game runs perfectly and starts fine, but when i save the game then try to load the save file the 3ds screen stays black forever. The game file and the save file both have the same name and the saves folder is correctly placed in nds folder. Everything is up to date because i homebrewed my 3ds yesterday. Need help please :)

I tried doing the same with pokemon heartgold and the problem is the same. The screen stays black after clicking the saved file. The save file showed in the start shows playtime and everything like if its saved. The file is created in the saves folder and file size is 512kb.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    25.4 KB · Views: 149

77Urmel77

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"1000 recepies from elle a table(dsi enhanced)" is missing the next-button right at the beginning. I have it on dsi-sdcard with latest twl++. Is there something simple I can do to solve this?

activating ds-mode, disabling card-read-dma and async. cardread dont help

Last edited by 77Urmel77,

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi @Robz8, are you okay? :)
I hope so.
I wanted to ask you if there is a recent FILE MANAGER, that I can use with TWLmenu++, to manage roms etc.
I've tried to use the old DSOrganize but it works very slowly both at startup and in the various functions. To delete a small file it took more than a minute, and I was afraid it would corrupt the whole SD card, which has already happened to me with that program.
:wacko:

If it didn't exist, you never thought to implement these functions (delete, move, rename, cut, duplicate, create etc.) in your software..:unsure:...or maybe I can already do it and I never noticed...
:rofl2:
Thank you.

Last edited by Nikokaro,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi @Robz8, are you okay? :)
I hope so.
I wanted to ask you if there is a recent FILE MANAGER, that I can use with TWLmenu++, to manage roms etc.
I've tried to use the old DSOrganize but it works very slowly both at startup and in the various functions. To delete a small file it took more than a minute, and I was afraid it would corrupt the whole SD card, which has already happened to me with that program.
:wacko:

If it didn't exist, you never thought to implement these functions (delete, move, rename, cut, duplicate, create etc.) in your software..:unsure:...or maybe I can already do it and I never noticed...
:rofl2:
Thank you.
Try GodMode9i here: https://github.com/DS-Homebrew/GodMode9i

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

"1000 recepies from elle a table(dsi enhanced)" is missing the next-button right at the beginning. I have it on dsi-sdcard with latest twl++. Is there something simple I can do to solve this?

activating ds-mode, disabling card-read-dma and async. cardread dont help
Sounds like it's an undocumented AP measure.
Try downloading the cheat database (named "usrchear.dat") onto your SD card in "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/extras/".
Then in TWLMenu++, press Y to open the per-game settings, then press X to open the cheat menu and find an Anti-Piracy cheat.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I delete large files with this software, is there any risk of corrupting the whole SD card? If a single file gets corrupted, it's not a problem.
You know, I'd like to know before I put it into practice.;)
I see no reason why deleting a large file would corrupt the SD card, so it should be safe.

Reactions: banjo2 and Nikokaro

Kuramations

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently, I tried playing Mario Party DS with Twilight Menu on my modded 2DSXL with my cousin's unmodded 3DSXL

I used Download Play, but each time I tried, it kept saying I got a communication error, and it didn't work.

Is there something I need to adjust in order to do multiplayer with others from Twilight Menu?

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Recently, I tried playing Mario Party DS with Twilight Menu on my modded 2DSXL with my cousin's unmodded 3DSXL

I used Download Play, but each time I tried, it kept saying I got a communication error, and it didn't work.

Is there something I need to adjust in order to do multiplayer with others from Twilight Menu?
Cloneboot multiplayer doesn't work at the moment, you'll have to use multicard via the debug menu for now (read about it here)

Reactions: RocketRobz

GhostWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. So I have a couple questions:

1. I was playing a DS game via TWiLight Menu last night, and today when I powered on and tried to resume, the specific game I was playing last night disappeared from the menu, it's like it couldn't be detected anymore, but the other games are still detected. I'm pretty sure the game is still on the card itself as well, I'm just curious what happened here, and is there a simple solution to get TWiLight to detect it again?

2. I was playing DQ V and I got stuck on the boat, which is the famous issue that requires AP patching IIRC. That said I thought TWMenu was now applying automatic AP patches, so I guess I'm just curious if I misunderstood this and I need to manually patch the game to get off the boat?

77Urmel77

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sounds like it's an undocumented AP measure.
Try downloading the cheat database (named "usrchear.dat") onto your SD card in "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/extras/".
Then in TWLMenu++, press Y to open the per-game settings, then press X to open the cheat menu and find an Anti-Piracy cheat.

The "usrcheat.dat"-hint was very helpful. Thank you, Robz8

Sadly "1000 Cooking Recepies from Elle a Table (NDSi enhanced)" doesn't work in DSi-mode. Because if you choose to search for recepies, soon it'll go whitescreen and make corrupted sounds. Neither disabling card-read-dma nor turning off async. cardread seem to help here.

Last edited by 77Urmel77,
Reactions: fmhugo

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. So I have a couple questions:

1. I was playing a DS game via TWiLight Menu last night, and today when I powered on and tried to resume, the specific game I was playing last night disappeared from the menu, it's like it couldn't be detected anymore, but the other games are still detected. I'm pretty sure the game is still on the card itself as well, I'm just curious what happened here, and is there a simple solution to get TWiLight to detect it again?

2. I was playing DQ V and I got stuck on the boat, which is the famous issue that requires AP patching IIRC. That said I thought TWMenu was now applying automatic AP patches, so I guess I'm just curious if I misunderstood this and I need to manually patch the game to get off the boat?
  1. Either you or someone might've set the game to be hidden. Open TWLMenu++ Settings, and enable the hidden games, then find the hidden game, and set it to be unhidden.
  2. It's possible you're on an outdated version. Make sure TWLMenu++ is up to date, and that you're using a clean unhacked ROM.
    Try disabling card read DMA as well.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

GhostWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just wanted to update

1: I was actually just being a total numbskull and I changed one of the settings to make games appear in order of "recently played" and thus the game I played last night went to the front of the games list instead of appearing in it's alphabetical location, and it looked like it disappeared at first glance...

2: the game is now patched and working and im not sure what changed. I did try disabling card read DMA, and it worked, but then just to double check i turned back on card read DMA and tried the boat sequence again and it worked again anyway, so it's really just a weird thing that I give up trying to understand haha.

Either way both issues resolved, thanks for the help, and I love TWiLight menu, you're the greatest Robz

Last edited by GhostWolf,
Updates

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v21.1.0

Includes nds-bootstrap v0.44.0

What's new?
  • 3DS users: Proper widescreen support has been re-implemented. Once again, only games that are widescreen-compatible will launch in the 16:10 aspect ratio, while games that are not widescreen-compatible will stay in the original 4:3 aspect ratio!
    • The setting has moved back to the `Games/Apps page` in TWLMenu++ Settings.
    • Re-follow the widescreen guide for the feature to work properly.
  • Speaking of widescreen, more games are now supported!
    (To see the complete list, as well as who made the codes, check here.)
    • 101 Dolphin Pets
    • 101 Shark Pets
    • AiRace
    • AiRace: Tunnel
    • ARC Style: Soccer! (Korean version only)
    • Bakugan: Battle Brawlers
    • Bakugan: Battle Brawlers: Battle Trainer
    • Battle/Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs
    • Battle/Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs: Fight For Survival
    • Big Bass Arcade
    • Box Pusher
    • Clash of Elementalists
    • Curling Super Championship
    • Ducati Moto
    • Ferrari GT: Evolution
    • Frogger Returns
    • Glory Days: Tactical Defense
    • GO Series: Undead Storm
    • Hero of Sparta
    • LEGO Rock Band
    • Moto Racing DS
    • N+
    • Need for Speed Carbon: Own the City
    • Need for Speed: Nitro-X (USA)
    • New International Track & Field
    • Real Soccer 2009
    • Remote Racers
    • Rock Band 3
    • Thorium Wars
    • X-Scape (USA)/3D Space Tank (Europe, Australia)/X-Returns (Japan)
Improvement
  • The asynch and DMA card read blacklists have been updated with more known games added!

xscaralienx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
welp, dont know if it was this specific update (havent played the games in a while) but after being able to play them before without problems, The World Ends With You and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 are now stuck on a white screen after nds bootstrap logo :(

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
welp, dont know if it was this specific update (havent played the games in a while) but after being able to play them before without problems, The World Ends With You and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 are now stuck on a white screen after nds bootstrap logo :(
Both still boot on my side. Try replacing your ROMs, as they might be corrupted.

Reactions: banjo2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night