Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem, my Acekard 2i wont boot any games, I'm supposedly using the Akaio firmware to boot them but I'm not sure if I'm doing the right then, as the firmware files for Akaio use a different name file "__aio", while Twilight Menu only has "_afwd". They have similar named files inside so I just put the files from "__aio" inside "_afwd" without replacing anything.

Perhaps I'm using the wrong firmware, I don't know what to do, I already set up other flashcards with Twilight Menu successfully so I know the basic process.

For some reason, not a game seems willing to boot. And if you wonder, my Acekard 2i has the icon of Deep Labyrinth Digital Bros
What happens when you try to launch a game?
+ DSi frequency and vram don't seem to change. I suppose it is a placeholder.
It only works if "Run in" is set to "DSi mode (Forced)".
Sorry if this has been answered before, but I've searched a lot and didn't find anything. So I've installed Twilight Menu alongside with hiyaCFW in my DSi, and when I try to boot an R4SDHC (which also has Twilight Menu installed with autoboot) from Twilight Menu I only get some green, orange and red squares on the bottom screen. I've tried changing every single setting in the DSi Twilight Menu, but it still cannot launch any flashcard at all. Also I should point out that the R4SDHC works fine with Twilight Menu in my DS Lite, and the other flashcard that I have, an M3i Zero, boots fine from the DSi menu.
Your flashcard isn't compatible.

PkStarzone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happens when you try to launch a game?

It get stuck on a white screen. Booting Twilight Menu directly from the Acekard2i itself (autobot and manual).

I get a similar issue trying to boot Twilight Menu from the 3DS app and going to direct access to the Acekard2i's sd card file.

Oddly enough, when I get in white screen, pressing B allows me to go back to Twilight Menu, didn't know I could do that. I also turned off update recently played game list because I'm aware it sometimes cause issues.

Everything works fine on Supercard DSTWO and R4isdhc.

Crimson0verlord

The Crimson Øverlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario vs Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem has invisible sprites in the final battle and the cutscene following the win. The only sprites not invisible are the minis. Attatched is an image of the final battle on my end:
koLmbDu

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://imgur.com/gallery/koLmbDu

SpiralGoku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Sorry if this has been asked prior, but for some reason I cannot save when playing GBC games. The game says that it saved and if I reset then the save still exists. However, if I go back to the main menu (as if I were to turn off the 3DS itself), then the save is gone. I can save state but the in-game function wont save.

Also, this only happens with GBC games, DS games save perfectly fine. Please help.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked prior, but for some reason I cannot save when playing GBC games. The game says that it saved and if I reset then the save still exists. However, if I go back to the main menu (as if I were to turn off the 3DS itself), then the save is gone. I can save state but the in-game function wont save.

Also, this only happens with GBC games, DS games save perfectly fine. Please help.
Did you turn on automatic saving?

Rocky15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve been searching everywhere and haven’t found any help, is there a way to change the theme colors for the dsi white, to white and blue instead of white and black? I just recently updated my flash cart/ twilight menu++

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve been searching everywhere and haven’t found any help, is there a way to change the theme colors for the dsi white, to white and blue instead of white and black? I just recently updated my flash cart/ twilight menu++
Change the user color on your console.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is a very expensive thing with limited use, you can fake the effects with hacking.
You can't hack the physiological or psychological effects of a nice walk. And it's not expensive if you already have one. Just a matter of getting it to work with your setup.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried and it worked. Problem is now that each time I chose an option in-game the game freezes for a second and a note of whatever sound effect or track that was playing at the time continues playing in a high-pìtched form.
In that case, turn it off, and remember to save both in the game and the emulator manually.

Devillain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you get IR connection to work? I inserted Pokemon White real cartridge in my 3DS and booted Pokemon White 2 from TWLM, after that I went in-game and tried IR connection with a real Pokemon Black 2 cartridge on my second 3DS but they are not connecting.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you get IR connection to work? I inserted Pokemon White real cartridge in my 3DS and booted Pokemon White 2 from TWLM, after that I went in-game and tried IR connection with a real Pokemon Black 2 cartridge on my second 3DS but they are not connecting.
There is currently no way to get it working.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was it patched? I'm browsing through old posts and it says it's (was) possible?
It was possible in previous versions, but with Slot-1 now disabled whenever it's not in use, it's not possible now, and re-enabling it does not help.
If there's a known way to re-enable IR, it'll be implemented, if possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1