Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

extherian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
That's the thing, it doesn't show up in the title list either. For all intents and purposes, it's like I haven't installed it at all, even thought FBI claims the CIA file installed successfully.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the thing, it doesn't show up in the title list either. For all intents and purposes, it's like I haven't installed it at all, even thought FBI claims the CIA file installed successfully.
No idea then.
Your only option left (of which I know of), is to buy a flashcard, and install TWLMenu++ on it.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v18.4.0

Check here on how to update TWiLight Menu++:
What's new?
  • Added `Hi` heap shrink setting.
    • Switch from `Lo` to `Hi`, if there's a cheat that isn't working for you.
      If it still doesn't work, then wait for a fix in nds-bootstrap.
    • Currently only works with nightly nds-bootstrap build.
  • (@Pk11) Pressing START now skips the DSi splash screen!
Improvements
  • (@Pk11) Added special DSi splash screen for widescreen mode.
  • (@Pk11 and various) Updated translations.
  • (@Pk11) Clarified Nintendo logo description, as it's only shown when there's something inserted in Slot-1.
Bug fixes
  • PCE/TG16 game now boots through NitroGrafx.
    • You no longer need to manually navigate to the game again.
    • NitroGrafx is directly booted, instead of through nds-bootstrap.
  • Fixed autoboot file for Original R4, by using the one from v15.3.0.
  • Fixed volume positions from the theme `.ini` files not being used.
    • You'll need to update any non-included skins from http://skins.ds-homebrew.com/ or the TWiLight skins UniStore in Universal-Updater, or the volume position will be wrong.
  • Fixed wrong top message shown when creating DSiWare save.
  • Current directory path(s) is now reset, if not in their correct drives.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

eqagunn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Can I create home menu shortcuts that will launch .nds roms from the SD card via twilightmenu? Looking to have end user experience of launching ds titles as close as possible to launching installed 3ds titles. If so, what do I need to do and would I be limited to 40 of those?

Lertennator

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, is it possible to access dsi mode from a flashcart? I followed the instructions to autoboot twilightmenu to my r4isdhc card and I can't seem to find both the dsi boot option and the cpu clock option... I seem to have the 47khz audio option though.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, is it possible to access dsi mode from a flashcart? I followed the instructions to autoboot twilightmenu to my r4isdhc card and I can't seem to find both the dsi boot option and the cpu clock option... I seem to have the 47khz audio option though.
Nope, you can't use DSi mode from a flashcard, because they run in DS mode.
Does using the underclocked CPU config (67Mhz) saves battery if compared to 133mhz? I'm using a DSI.
Yes.

one-piece

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nope, you can't use DSi mode from a flashcard, because they run in DS mode.

Yes.
Hi, if I start my dstwo+twlmenu with the DSi OG launcher it only load some option (like twlmenu lite). So If I load twlmenu from SD and chainload the flash card (autoboot) then, Will I be able to load games on my flashcard sd with the flashcard kernel + TWLMenu options (like overclock and better music)?

Is the DSi mode needed to get the overclock or it can be done with DS mode?

Is the only difference between these two modes is the enhanced options of some DSi games, but as of right now these doesn't work, am I right?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, if I start my dstwo+twlmenu with the DSi OG launcher it only load some option (like twlmenu lite). So If I load twlmenu from SD and chainload the flash card (autoboot) then, Will I be able to load games on my flashcard sd with the flashcard kernel + TWLMenu options (like overclock and better music)?
Yes.
Is the DSi mode needed to get the overclock or it can be done with DS mode?
It can be done with DS mode.
Is the only difference between these two modes is the enhanced options of some DSi games, but as of right now these doesn't work, am I right?
Yes.

Squall Leonhart

Trophies
Website
vba-m.com
XP
Country
Australia
@Robz8

Just messing around with some save games and discovered that ds-bootstrap might share an issue with TTmenu where save erasing procedues don't finalize for some games leading to a hung interface, so far reproduced on EU Phantom Hourglass (though US region still white screens at boot) , but spirit track erasures are fine. attempting it on a spare flashcart, TTMenu hangs in the same way whilst YSMenu can erase both regions without problem.

Flapping fairy disappears and the dialog is stuck on Erasing..., the cart technically does finalize the erase but it just doesn't move on to returning to the profiles selection. Soft reset button combo works, its likely an an interrupt not firing timely enough at the conclusion of the erasure, i don't have the time atm to dig into it

Games are verified good dumps.

Reproduced on multiple SD cards all 32KB clusters so far, n3DS, current release of TW++ , and default settings/ nightly affected.

Reactions: RocketRobz

Wilson_33R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm having issues with IR after updating TwilightMenu++ and ndsbootstrap on my old 3DS. I used to trade pokémons in my Black 2 using IR, but it doesn't work anymore. As you mentioned before, Slot-1 microSD access and DS Classic Menu are disabled. Is there a fix for this?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oopsie, I was just testing :P
Ignore that, please.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/hYkEl-3x92A?si=JSDoEc2QCDOrtimz