Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need the base files for your flash cart first. I don't recall if it mentions that anywhere. then, you overwrite files and place twilight menu on that sd card. it should boot up by default without any sort of menu. I think the boot.nds is the autoboot file, so you don't have to select it.

Reactions: Alexander1970

c4rbs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
you need the base files for your flash cart first. I don't recall if it mentions that anywhere. then, you overwrite files and place twilight menu on that sd card. it should boot up by default without any sort of menu. I think the boot.nds is the autoboot file, so you don't have to select it.
You are saying that i need the base files like the kernel? I put the Twilight and the YSmenu files in the SD

GrumpzTheCat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 Sorry for this being off-topic, but i am new here, and am trying to fix a DS Homebrew, and would like to know, how would someone go about editing a .nds file, or a .bin file (i was able to extract the nds file)? If you dont want to talk about it publicly, go ahead and try PM'ing me.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 Sorry for this being off-topic, but i am new here, and am trying to fix a DS Homebrew, and would like to know, how would someone go about editing a .nds file, or a .bin file (i was able to extract the nds file)? If you dont want to talk about it publicly, go ahead and try PM'ing me.
Which homebrew are you trying to fix?

Reactions: banjo2

RobinHoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r4ids.cn cards have been supported for a while, afaik
My issue is that launching BOOT.NDS on my flashcard leads to a white screen and nothing else. I'm not sure what I'm missing, since I have the normal TWiLightMenu flashcard files and the Loader files as well.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My issue is that launching BOOT.NDS on my flashcard leads to a white screen and nothing else. I'm not sure what I'm missing, since I have the normal TWiLightMenu flashcard files and the Loader files as well.
Sounds like the DLDI driver is bugged.
Try inserting a DS Memory Expansion Pak.

Reactions: Alexander1970

RobinHoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the instructions on another SD card and it worked. So I decided to delete and extract the _rpg, _nds, and _wfwd folders on the SD card I'm currently using and it works on that one too. I think the issue was the .ini file for global associations on my old _rpg folder that I was using for a GBA emulator was causing conflicts with TWiLightMenu. Sorry for causing any inconveniences.

Reactions: RocketRobz

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I think I possibly know the answer already but just to check - boxart makes this become unusably slow.

I have a 128GB SD card with hundreds of roms, so I am assuming that the sheer volume of boxart is making it slow. However, here's the thing:
-it still happens even if I put roms in folders with less than 40 files
-deleting the boxart doesn't fix the issue, I have to actually hide them in the settings.

Is this unavoidable?

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think I possibly know the answer already but just to check - boxart makes this become unusably slow.

I have a 128GB SD card with hundreds of roms, so I am assuming that the sheer volume of boxart is making it slow. However, here's the thing:
-it still happens even if I put roms in folders with less than 40 files
-deleting the boxart doesn't fix the issue, I have to actually hide them in the settings.

Is this unavoidable?
The bigger the SD card, the slower the system will be. It doesn't matter how many boxart covers you have. You need a smaller SD card for the boot time to be faster.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's not the boot time that's the issue. it's actually browsing through the menu. As I say, hiding boxart fixes the problem entirely.

GrumpzTheCat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[/TABS]
Which homebrew are you trying to fix?
its a windows live messenger client, and some people want to patch it with a new revival server, im gonna load it on my 3ds and see if it has server settings, but i dont think so, all i really need to know is how to edit the code for it. This will also hopefully be helpful for any other homebrew, as well as experimenting.

Attachments

• Beup_Live_0.7.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 169

Griizly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Does someone know how to add a picture on the upper screen for gba games on a DSI ?
dmUuudP
for now this is what I have

imgur.com/gallery/dmUuudP

Last edited by Griizly,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16