Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

CraftyCamerupt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The reader that is the shape of a regular SD card, which has a slot for a microSD card.

I have a New3DS XL and it only supports microSD. Thanks for clarifying the reader part though. I'm honestly confused on how this issue I'm having even a thing. I've never had this issue before except for the two issues mentioned. I feel like I'm the only one that has this issue and don't know how to fix it. What I'm thinking is that it has to do with the game patching (Not the AP Patching), but other than that, I got nothing for in terms of information.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I got this issue with pokemon storm silver where if i choose to save after a long session of training and catching pokemon, the game says it's saving my progress, but the music is bugged out and only plays one note for a LONG time. I honestly don't know what happened to make the game go like this but this isn't the first time either that this happened. This also happened with mario and luigi: partners in time. I just want to know how to fix this issue so that i can play these games normally again.

You need a bigger save-file, about 2MB of real size.

Last edited by raxadian,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Megabit or Megabyte?
I don't recall those games needing those sizes, if they're megabytes.

Megabyte.

And yes they do. Try to play Pokemon Black or White with a smaller save file than 1 MB and you start to get in trouble once your save file has too much data on it or you are not saving a whole lot. Just tested it on a R4 with Wood the other day.

Either 256KB or 512KB should work.

Tested it with 512KB, works fine so far. Old DS games are usually okay with 256KB, but games that save a lot of data need 512KB and Pokemon Black and White need 1 MB because of both having a lot of data to save and as piracy protection.

The Gold and Silver remakes might work with just 1 MB but I always use 2 MB just to be safe.

Edit: Disgaea DS is another game that needs a big save file otherwise at some point you not only can't save anymore but trying to save will erase your save data. I recommend always backup your save file and make it bigger once you start to suffer that problem..

Last edited by raxadian,
Reactions: RocketRobz

codexdragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you get to settings when you're in the 3ds theme? I was looking at the different themes and now I can't get back into settings from the 3ds theme.

dragon12

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello. I'm on a 3DS with a Super Card DSTWO and I keep getting the error "Start failed. Error 1" with any DS game.

I installed the latest version from the github page and did as instructed in the install guide for flashcard (autobooting and running with flashcard firmware)
https://github.com/DS-Homebrew/TWiLightMenu/wiki/Installing-(Flashcard)

Any hints on why I'm getting this error?

Last edited by dragon12,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I'm on a 3DS with a Super Card DSTWO and I keep getting the error "Start failed. Error 1" with any DS game.

I installed the latest version from the github page and did as instructed in the install guide for flashcard (autobooting and running with flashcard firmware)
https://github.com/DS-Homebrew/TWiLightMenu/wiki/Installing-(Flashcard)

Any hints on why I'm getting this error?
TWiLight Menu++ is missing the file required to boot games using DSTWO kernel.
Extract this to "fat:/_dstwo/".

Attachments

• autoboot.zip
    227.6 KB · Views: 46

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1