Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Okay, I foud the site and dowloaded the latest firmware update (even if it's from 2012). I have to download the kernel too? And then what's next? Should I format the SD, put the old firmware, update it and then try again installing YSmenu?

Backup.

Format the SD.

Install the latest firmware.

Copy the roms and save files back in the card.

Try to run the roms and see what happens.

Giulzilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Backup.

Format the SD.

Install the latest firmware.

Copy the roms and save files back in the card.

Try to run the roms and see what happens.
The update was a .nds file so I formatted the SD, put the old menu so I could launch the update on my 3DS but the result has been a black screen with the writing on the bottom screen "Error! Check your cartridge!"
Should I give up?

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Last edited by raxadian,

Deleted member 534671

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After updating the display on my top screen on my 2DSXL is smaller than the bottom screen - even in the menus. I have used the patcher previously and put the widescreen.cxi file into the TwlBg folder. I have the setting enabled in the Luma menu and in the TWiLight menu options. It was displaying widescreen perfectly previously. I’ve tried manually updating and used the updater.cia and I still can’t get my top screen display back to widescreen. Any ideas?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After updating the display on my top screen on my 2DSXL is smaller than the bottom screen - even in the menus. I have used the patcher previously and put the widescreen.cxi file into the TwlBg folder. I have the setting enabled in the Luma menu and in the TWiLight menu options. It was displaying widescreen perfectly previously. I’ve tried manually updating and used the updater.cia and I still can’t get my top screen display back to widescreen. Any ideas?
Re-follow the widescreen steps.

WaterManny1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to fix the screen tearing/stuttering in mega man zero collection? Im not sure if it happens in the other zero games but in zero 4, it kind of stutters a bit.

Nickendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw that the Supercard DSTwo is now supported by TWiLight Menu++. Does that include the Supercard DSTwo+(Plus)? If so can TWiLight Menu++ take advantage of the extra RAM on the Supercard DSTwo+(Plus)?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that in settings?
That's a no then.
GPU scaling is in the patch menu in TWPatch. If there's no indicator for opening the patch menu, install the TWPatch build linked in the widescreen guide.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Will Golden Sun ever be available? :c
We don't know why it's not working, exactly.
Once we figure out why, and well as fixing it, it'll be compatible.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will Golden Sun ever be available? :c

that is one of the games I always test. I have twilight menu on both my 3ds and ds. I'm using a supercard dstwo on the ds card, so golden sun isn't an issue there. ;) I don't usually test it on the 3ds, since I know it doesn't work. there's now even a message that'll pop up asking if you want to start it up even though it's not yet compatible. there must be either a white or black list with titles that work or don't work. I don't know of any other game that doesn't work.

I might start playing that game again someday. I'm only on level 13. the overworld music reminds me of old school rpg goodness. I miss those overworld maps. thankfully, tales of vesperia has one. I wish rebirth or tales of destiny 2 (the one on ps2) would come to the states. I'm at the third Barbatos battle in tod 2. he keeps using execution on me. I've never managed to beat him even after using an all-divide. I own rebirth. the instruction manual is so thick that it actually broke the two tabs holding it in its place in the case. I'm at Sannytown iirc that's not too far into the game. the Barbatos fight is quite far though. I must be on like the 4th or 5th new, regular battle music.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the game and its broken tabs, which I kept:

20201011_103733_HDR.jpg

Reactions: RobXcore

CraftyCamerupt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I got this issue with pokemon storm silver where if i choose to save after a long session of training and catching pokemon, the game says it's saving my progress, but the music is bugged out and only plays one note for a LONG time. I honestly don't know what happened to make the game go like this but this isn't the first time either that this happened. This also happened with mario and luigi: partners in time. I just want to know how to fix this issue so that i can play these games normally again.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got this issue with pokemon storm silver where if i choose to save after a long session of training and catching pokemon, the game says it's saving my progress, but the music is bugged out and only plays one note for a LONG time. I honestly don't know what happened to make the game go like this but this isn't the first time either that this happened. This also happened with mario and luigi: partners in time. I just want to know how to fix this issue so that i can play these games normally again.
Sounds like your microSD reader has issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: