Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for all the questions, but when I go into cheats to enable alternate WiFi, every game I’ve tried it with just gives me a white screen. Does that cheat not work?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, good, finally found the thread for this.

Have to admit, it's definitely shown promise, but I do have to wonder if maybe anyone else has encountered or know what to do here.

One of the first things is, does this TwilightMenu support cheats for games? having a bit of frustration with (re)playing RE DS and want to even the odds, but don't know where I'd maybe say, put the .cht stuff that I've had since my DStwo flash cart to have the cfw/loader be able to pick up on them.

Speaking of RE DS, when I die, it seems to be stuck on a white screen... as in not even the soft-reset for the game works. didn't even know about the shortcut for resetting to the loader; maybe I'll try that if I encounter it again.

The other thing is just a bit disappointed that many of the DSi-aware games that I would want to use this environment for, seem to be snagging on AP patching that I've never had to do, since I previously only had a DS mode flash cart to run them off of. I was hoping to finally start enabling or using said DSi modes on these games. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or something I could try for the games?

One last issue: Managed to hang on to the fan patched ROM for Miles Edgeworth 2, and while it will load via this loader, all the text is basically garbled, effectively rendering the game unplayable.

For WarioWare D.I.Y., a fresh start basically seemed to hang when creating the save file. My only work-around that got me past that, was to take a save file from loading the game off a DS flash cart, to get to start playing the game.

I'll have to do more testing, but a common trend is that basically every DSi aware game rom, seems to just refuse to load, either with nds-bootstrap throwing up an error or failing to load correctly. Among others, was hoping to be able to more readily load my completed files of Pokemon Diamond, and Black 2 at least ( really don't want to have to do that accursed Join avenue again :whip: ).
1) TWiLight Menu++ reads "usrcheat.dat" from "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/extras".
2) DSi mode doesn't work in DSi-enhanced games yet.
3) For your Miles Edgeworth 2 ROM, that also needs to be AP-patched to fix the garbled text.

Reactions: Alexander1970

escenkay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 Games that I have tested that don't work in nds bootstap are: megaman zx and, yoshi's island.
Both crash at a black screen, megaman zx crashes after the opening credits, and yoshis island didn't even boot.
These games don't work for me either. Using latest stable.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

AEDN

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
so when i try to play pokemon white 2 it boots me back to the start of twilight where it says click to start this happen before but all i had to do to fix it was turn off a few cheats and it would work properly but now when i try to go to the cheat menu it does the same thing where it boots back to the start of twilight so if anyone could help that would be much appreciated i have a new 3dsxl and used akmenu

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so when i try to play pokemon white 2 it boots me back to the start of twilight where it says click to start this happen before but all i had to do to fix it was turn off a few cheats and it would work properly but now when i try to go to the cheat menu it does the same thing where it boots back to the start of twilight so if anyone could help that would be much appreciated i have a new 3dsxl and used akmenu
ok nvm i just replaced the .dat cheat file probable should of been the first thing i did but im very new to hacking
\

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 Games that I have tested that don't work in nds bootstap are: megaman zx and, yoshi's island.
Both crash at a black screen, megaman zx crashes after the opening credits, and yoshis island didn't even boot.
These games don't work for me either. Using latest stable.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
For MegaMan ZX, hold L after pressing A/START to launch the game. That requirement will be removed in the next version of TWLMenu++.
For Yoshi's Island DS, what region and revision is the ROM? I'm using USA Rev 1, and works fine for me, without holding L.

lemon_nade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Pokemon platinum freezes in random places throughout the game, but more often after the other player leaves the wireless club. After the game freezes it doesn't freeze in the same place after loading the save and going there again. This issue is non existent while playing the same rom using a flashcart, so I think that TWiLight Menu++ causes it. Is there a way to fix this? I use TWiLight Menu++ version 9.0.2 with nds-bootstrap version release v0.22.0 on a regular DSi.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon platinum freezes in random places throughout the game, but more often after the other player leaves the wireless club. After the game freezes it doesn't freeze in the same place after loading the save and going there again. This issue is non existent while playing the same rom using a flashcart, so I think that TWiLight Menu++ causes it. Is there a way to fix this? I use TWiLight Menu++ version 9.0.2 with nds-bootstrap version release v0.22.0 on a regular DSi.
Try holding L immediately after pressing A/START to launch the game.

Viralz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I kinda don't know what I should do because I kinda don't have any idea what my setup is because a friend unblocked my 3DS way way way back then.
I know I have FBI and title manager, and I remember my dumb self installing just the Luma updater to trying to fix something and I kinda just left it there. Now my console is a clusterfuck of information lmao.
I tried installing the twilightmenu with the manual method but it crashes on startup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night