Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing Pokémon White to test it, and I think it was being affected by it earlier. Scrolling through menus in particular was a lot faster. Unless I'm remembering it incorrectly, it seemed to be working when I tried it on my DSi, which I was only using to test Unlaunch before installing it on the larger model.

Edit: The DSi XL is on version 1.4U, could that affect anything?

Edit 2: Actually, I think I am misremembering. I've only been able to get it to work while playing it through the SD card from a normal 3DS. The flashcard isn't working there, either. I guess I'm doing something wrong somewhere.
TWL CPU speed is set in TWLMenu++ settings (not the game's settings), correct?

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to launch a game from a flashcard after I installed the hello kitty banner acekard update and I use the latest version of twilight menu and there are two cases:
I select use nds-boostrap instead of kernel: Creates save, stays at whitescreen
I select to not use nds-bootstrap: I get "Start failed. Error 1"
Is there some special way to set up the flashcard or are there settings that need to be turned on/off?
On the wiki there is no section on how to install the flashcard file found in the twilightmenu 7z file.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to launch a game from a flashcard after I installed the hello kitty banner acekard update and I use the latest version of twilight menu and there are two cases:
I select use nds-boostrap instead of kernel: Creates save, stays at whitescreen
I select to not use nds-bootstrap: I get "Start failed. Error 1"
Is there some special way to set up the flashcard or are there settings that need to be turned on/off?
On the wiki there is no section on how to install the flashcard file found in the twilightmenu 7z file.
There are some games that don't work from flashcard with nds-bootstrap.
Your best bet for compatibility is with SDK5/TWLSDK games.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 Are there some games that should work that I can try out to see if my setup is ok?
Yes.
I tried these, and they work:

WarioWare Touched
Super Mario 64 DS
Sonic Rush
Metroid Prime Hunters (slow loading in menus and gameplay)
Every MegaMan StarForce game
Pokemon Diamond & Pearl
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight
Sonic Classic Collection
Solatorobo: Red the Hunter
Pokemon Conquest
Pokemon Black 2

Reactions: Tarmfot

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 I tried nightly first, with release it has the same result.
I don't know where the files from "akMenu Wood UI root" go though and the BOOT.NDS from the Flashcard users directory boots to Error1 for me.
Sorry for all the questions.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 I tried nightly first, with release it has the same result.
I don't know where the files from "akMenu Wood UI root" go though and the BOOT.NDS from the Flashcard users directory boots to Error1 for me.
Sorry for all the questions.
You only need nds-bootstrap placed on the SD card.
Delete the "patchOffsetCache" and "fatTable" folders in "fc:/_nds/nds-bootstrap".
It's possible the files in those folders got corrupted somehow.
The current nightly isn't stable, btw.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Yesterday i have noticed some strange things in TWiLight v8.5.0 with @JeffRuLz´s Title Manager 0.7.0 for HiyaCFW and @Robz8´s GodMode9 v1.3.4.

On 1 DSi + 1 DSi XL BOTH Tool works perfect without changing any setting.

On 1 DSi i get White Screens and after a few seconds then back to TWiLight.JeffRuLz advise was to set "Direct Boot:on" in settings if it not works with TWiLight sadly no change.
I have deleted the Settings in _nds/TWiLightMenu/gamesettings.After that GodMode9 AND Title Manager no longer make a setting file there.When you start BOTH Tools it says "Now Saving.." and get me back to TWiLight.That means BOTH Tools no longer working.

- All 3 DSi´s can boot GodMode9 and Title Manager WITH UNLAUNCH.
- All 3 updated the same way to v8.5.0 (HiyaCFW Helper is broken that means updated manually).
- All 3 have the same 16 GB SD Card.
- All 3 have Unlaunch 1.8
- All 3 have Title Manager in the SAME Folder rom\apps\Title Manager and File is original tmfh.ndsnamed
- All 3 SD Cards checked of Errors.
- All 3 SD Cards formatted FAT 32 with Standard Cluster size.

The ONLY difference: the DSi where GodMode and the Title Manager NOT works has the Memory Pit as Exploit.The other 2 has Flipnote.

Thank you for reading and any advises and help from you.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: Tarmfot

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.:)

Yesterday i have noticed some strange things in TWiLight v8.5.0 with @JeffRuLz´s Title Manager 0.7.0 for HiyaCFW and @Robz8´s GodMode9 v1.3.4.

On 1 DSi + 1 DSi XL BOTH Tool works perfect without changing any setting.

On 1 DSi i get White Screens and after a few seconds then back to TWiLight.JeffRuLz advise was to set "Direct Boot:on" in settings if it not works with TWiLight sadly no change.
I have deleted the Settings in _nds/TWiLightMenu/gamesettings.After that GodMode9 AND Title Manager no longer make a setting file there.When you start BOTH Tools it says "Now Saving.." and get me back to TWiLight.That means BOTH Tools no longer working.

- All 3 DSi´s can boot GodMode9 and Title Manager WITH UNLAUNCH.
- All 3 updated the same way to v8.5.0 (HiyaCFW Helper is broken that means updated manually).
- All 3 have the same 16 GB SD Card.
- All 3 have Unlaunch 1.8
- All 3 have Title Manager in the SAME Folder rom\apps\Title Manager and File is original tmfh.ndsnamed
- All 3 SD Cards checked of Errors.
- All 3 SD Cards formatted FAT 32 with Standard Cluster size.

The ONLY difference: the DSi where GodMode and the Title Manager NOT works has the Memory Pit as Exploit.The other 2 has Flipnote.

Thank you for reading and any advises and help from you.:)
Ah. It appears I made a derp somewhere while adding the DSi homebrew check.
I will fix this for the next version.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

grub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TWL CPU speed is set in TWLMenu++ settings (not the game's settings), correct?
Do you think the problem might be my flashcard? The CPU boost works when I launch a game from the SD card, and I'm sure all my settings are correct. I don't know what else could be causing it to not work.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think the problem might be my flashcard? The CPU boost works when I launch a game from the SD card, and I'm sure all my settings are correct. I don't know what else could be causing it to not work.
Your flashcard is not the issue.
Try turning off the SCFG setting.

Updates

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turned it off, doesn't seem to be working.
I have no clue why it's not working for you.
It works just fine for me. Try SM64DS, and wake the console from sleep mode. If the screen backlights don't turn back on, then TWL clock speed is working.

v8.5.1

Check here on how to update TWiLight Menu++.

Improvement
  • Homebrew check is now completely devoid of arm7 binary size and TID checks.
    Fixes Super Princess Peach.
Bug fixes
  • arm9 start signature is now checked after the secure area in modern homebrew (which is just 00s).
    Fixes support for homebrew such as GodMode9i and TMFH (Title Manager for HiyaCFW).
  • Quick Menu: DLP and/or Pictochat will no longer white screen, if the last-launched game is on a flashcard.
You no longer need to hold L for the following games to work
  • Bee Movie
  • Dragon Quest IV: No longer crashes when talking to vendors in the first chapter.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
It works just fine for me. Try SM64DS, and wake the console from sleep mode. If the screen backlights don't turn back on, then TWL clock speed is working.

v8.5.1

Check here on how to update TWiLight Menu++.

Improvement
  • Homebrew check is now completely devoid of arm7 binary size and TID checks.
Bug fixes
  • arm9 start signature is now checked after the secure area in modern homebrew (which is just 00s).
    Fixes support for homebrew such as GodMode9i and TMFH (Title Manager for HiyaCFW).
  • Quick Menu: DLP and/or Pictochat will no longer white screen, if the last-launched game is on a flashcard.
You no longer need to hold L for the following games to work
  • Bee Movie
  • Dragon Quest IV: No longer crashes when talking to vendors in the first chapter.

Wow on such QUICK FREE SUPPORT i only can

:bow::bow::bow::bow:

From you many companies / support departments should cut off a huge slice.
Simply a great thing !

Thank you.:)

Reactions: RocketRobz

grub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. Well, the backlight doesn't turn back on with the SCFG option off. I'm not sure why it still runs slower for me than it does when played from the SD. But thank you for your time!

Edit: I ran Pokemon Pearl off the DSi's SD card with the CPU boost turned off, and the menus are still extremely fast. The problem might be my flashcard's maximum read speeds for its MicroSD card or something similar. Just leaving this here for anyone who might have the same problem.

Last edited by grub,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: