Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

costlyclick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I bump the request to have nds and dsi roms live in the same folder? How about in the root of the roms folder so you can keep your directory structure? I'm really just after .nds = ndsbootstrap, .dsi = dsiware.

Can you also test "Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon" against the recent DSiWare commits? It's the last one I care about that isn't booting. I converted it from cia and can boot it from the system menu.

Finally do you accept donations? You are a saint for responding to even the most basic questions.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I bump the request to have nds and dsi roms live in the same folder? How about in the root of the roms folder so you can keep your directory structure? I'm really just after .nds = ndsbootstrap, .dsi = dsiware.
You can already do that.
Can you also test "Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon" against the recent DSiWare commits? It's the last one I care about that isn't booting. I converted it from cia and can boot it from the system menu.
None of the DSiWare boot in the nds-bootstrap DSiWare commits.
Finally do you accept donations? You are a saint for responding to even the most basic questions.
Nope.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Since I can remember Hotel Dusk doesn't work quite well. Both screens flicker and change places as they do so. Is it an isolated problem or a known issue?
I'm using a New 3DS and the release version of ndsbootstrap as they launch

Hello.:)

Tested the US Version (TID:AWIE) on DSi XL with TWiLight v8.4.0 + Bootstrap v0.21.1.
No flickering of both screens.Game runs without any issues.

Thank you.:)

Reactions: TamarindoJuice
New UPDATE on TWiLightMenu++ and nds-bootstrap

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v8.5.0

Check here on how to update TWiLight Menu++.

Includes nds-bootstrap v0.21.2.

What's new?
  • Just realizing last month was the 2nd Anniversary of TWLMenu++'s release, the `2nd Anniversary` text is now added to the splash screen.
  • Since some releases, TWLMenu++ now starts with TWL touch mode again!
    This means touch input in DScraft, portalDS, DSx86, S8DS, etc. now works again, without the need for DSiWarehax!
  • A new way of detecting if the homebrew is DSi-Enhanced/compatible has been added!
    Homebrew such as DSDoom, DScraft, portalDS, DSx86, S8DS, fwTool, etc. will no longer need Direct boot manually enabled.
  • Box art in .bmp format are no longer supported, and has been replaced with box art in .png format.
  • DSi/3DS themes: A message has been added for if save creation gets stuck.
  • Added direct access support for Acekard 2i cards with the banner of Hello Kitty no Panda Sports Stadium.
  • For the flashcard save path, you can now pick between the flashcard itself or the console's SD card (only if the app is running on the console's SD card).
    Default is flashcard.
  • R4 theme: Black screens are now shown when starting the R4 theme.
  • DSi, 3DS, and R4 theme: A message is now shown when launching a Sega Master System/Game Gear game.
  • Some extra sub-themes have moved to `Themes.7z`.
Improvements
  • When pressing the POWER button on the DSi (if TWLMenu++ is running in DSi mode), it now immediately restarts TWLMenu++ itself, instead of rebooting the console.
  • 3DS theme: The frame rate of the rotating cubes video has been increased from 24fps to 50fps!
Bug fixes
  • DSiWare versions of WarioWare Touched and Famicom Wars DS 2, are now properly detected as DSiWare.
  • DSiWare booting should now be stabilized.
  • Fixed the homebrew exit feature not working in homebrew (such as Rocket Video Player, nesDS, GameYob, S8DS, etc.).
  • AP warning message is no longer shown for Frozen: Olaf's Quest, and Plants vs Zombies.
Known bug
  • 3DS theme: When the rotating cubes video plays, scrolling in the game list may cause crackles in the BGM.
    This only occurs when TWLMenu++ is running in DS mode.
You no longer need to hold L for the following games to work
  • Bolt
  • Feel the Magic: XY XX
  • The Rub Rabbits!
  • Shrek the Third
  • Tony Hawk's Proving Ground

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Now that mention Hotel Dusk, is there any way to change the language of the game? It always starts in English (and I want it in Spanish). Sorry if that doesnt go here.
Hello. :)

Tested with DSi XL and EU Version (TID:AWIP) and TWiLight v8.5.0 with bootstrap v.0.21.2

- You have to play the Game until you can SAVE the first time (in the Lobby)

- Then go back to TWiLight Menu and activate the CHEAT "DEBUG MENU" in the Game settings
- Start the game and go to´"Continue" and LOAD a game.While LOADING HOLD "SELECT" to get into DEBUG Menu.
- You can NAVIGATE with the "X" "Y" "A" "B" Buttons, "UP" confirms your selection.
- Sadly you have to do this EVERY TIME you turn off the game and restart it.:(

P1050734.JPG
P1050736.JPG

Last edited by Alexander1970,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Box art in .bmp format are no longer supported, and has been replaced with box art in .png format.

:cry:
1.800 artworks to convert.....:wacko:
You can use this Tool,it works great:
http://www.imagebatch.org/

BUT:
- Loading times are now FASTER than my Flashcard.:yaynds:
- Menu speed/behavior is again much more "smoother" :yaynds:
- the "RESET" inside TWiLight is a really great improvement:yaynds:

Thank you guys.

Last edited by Alexander1970,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:cry:
1.800 artworks to convert.....:wacko:
You can use this Tool,it works great:
http://www.imagebatch.org/

BUT:
- Loading times are now FASTER than my Flashcard.:yaynds:
- Menu speed/behavior is again much more "smoother" :yaynds:
- the "RESET" inside TWiLight is a really great improvement:yaynds:

Thank you guys.
You can download .png box art from GameTDB.

Reactions: Alexander1970

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
  • Since some releases, TWLMenu++ now starts with TWL touch mode again!
    This means touch input in DScraft, portalDS, DSx86, S8DS, etc. now works again, without the need for DSiWarehax!
  • A new way of detecting if the homebrew is DSi-Enhanced/compatible has been added!
    Homebrew such as DSDoom, DScraft, portalDS, DSx86, S8DS, fwTool, etc. will no longer need Direct boot manually enabled.
Yes... Yes! Thank you, good man!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nice to see so any updates recently :)
Can we update both nds-bootstrap and Twilight Menu with the Updater, or do we still have to update them manually?

lerabot

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm wondering if anyone ever got their 1.4J DSI touchscreen to work with either TWLMenu++
I've tried with Unlaunch 1.8 and 1.9.

I'm following the handy guide over at dsi.cfw.guide

Everything seems to be working smoothly and I can even use the touch screen in some menu, but not the DSi setting menu and some other games.

Any help appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: