Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Hipeopeo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
hipeopeo.tk
XP
Country
United States
First there was TWLoader (for 3DS/2DS users), and now there's...
View attachment 88295
DSi Menu upgraded!

View attachment 115325

This does what TWLoader does, loading ROMs from the SD card via nds-bootstrap, and ROMs from a flashcard!
DSi/3DS/2DS users can change sound frequency from 32kHz to 48kHz for higher sound quality!
It is also the first DS flashcard UI to show animated icons from DSi-Enhanced games!
Also has an option, where you can run the last played DS ROM (ran via bootstrap/flashcard's ROM booter) on SRLoader startup.
Outside of flashcards, you can run DS games with clock speed of 133mhz (faster than normal DS).

Also includes (Super) GameBoy (Color) ROM loading via GameYob, and NES ROM loading via nesDS.

Download
If you have a DSi, or a 3DS/2DS without CFW, you'll need a DSiWare exploit to run SRLoader.
Also works with flashcards. Please check the instructions for flashcard users.

Compatible DSiWare exploits for nds-bootstrap
They use GenericTWLPayload.
  • sudokuhax
  • fieldrunnerhax
  • grtpwn

Instructions (No flashcard, DSi users/Non-CFW 3DS/2DS users)
  1. Extract the files/folders in the 7z file, including the "_nds" folder, to the DSi's SD Card root.
  2. Put .nds ROMs anywhere on your SD card.
  3. Put a Mario Kart DS ROM on your SD card.
  4. Launch your exploted DSiWare game, and SRLoader will load!
  5. Press SELECT on MKDS to set it as donor ROM.
  6. You're good to go!
Instructions (No flashcard, 3DS/2DS users)
  1. Extract the files/folders in the 7z file, including the "_nds" folder, to the 3DS' SD Card root.
  2. Put .nds ROMs anywhere on your SD card.
  3. Put a Mario Kart DS ROM on your SD card.
  4. Install the SRLoader CIA, and launch it.
  5. 3DS/2DS users: You'll only do this once. Hold Up before the SRLoader logo appears.
  6. Press SELECT on MKDS to set it as donor ROM.
  7. You're good to go!
Instructions (Flashcard users, including DS Phat/DS lite)
  1. Extract the files/folders in the 7z file, including the "_nds" folder, to the flashcard's microSD Card root.
  2. Put .nds ROMs anywhere on your flashcard's microSD card.
Download a pack for your flashcard:
DSTT/R4i Gold/R4i-SDHC/R4 SDHC Upgrade/SC DSONE
Original R4/M3 Simply
R4iDSN/R4i Gold RTS/R4 Ultra
Acekard 2(i)/Galaxy Eagle/M3DS Real
Acekard RPG
Ace 3DS+/Gateway Blue Card/R4iLS/R4iTT
SuperCard DSTWO

3. Extract what's in "for Slot-1 microSD" to the root of the flashcard's microSD card.
4. Extract what's in "Flashcard autoboot/(your flashcard)" to the root of the flashcard's microSD card.
5. DS Phat/DS lite users: Go to settings in the DS menu, and turn on auto-start, so your flashcard will start on boot.
6. You're good to go! Launch your flashcard, and SRLoader will load! (Load boot_fc.nds, if you're in the regular flashcard menu.)
7. Hold START while SRLoader starts, to go to settings, then press L or R, then select "Select flashcard(s)", and select what flashcard you're using.
8. You can also set your preferred sound/mic frequency, if you're using a DSi/3DS/2DS.

Controls
  • A: Launch game (via nds-bootstrap/flashcard's ROM booter. Retail ROMs and DLDI homebrew will work. Homebrew with DSi-extended header will not use bootstrap/flashcard's ROM booter.)
  • Y: Launch game/app (bootstrap/flashcard's ROM booter not used. Useful for DS(i) homebrew.)
  • Start: Settings
  • B: Return to DSi/3DS Menu (DSi/3DS SD Card users only)
DSi Menu theme
  • Left/Right: Select a game/app.
  • L/R: Switch pages.
  • Down: Switch between DS and (S)GB(C) ROMs.
nds-bootstrap
  • L+R+DOWN+B: (3DS/2DS users only.) Return to the SRLoader menu.

Please check this list (does not apply to flashcards):
List of games that work from SD Card

Todo
  • Add cheat menu.

Credits
  • @ahezard: nds-bootstrap
  • @Apache Thunder: DS menu top and bottom screen images.
  • @Joom: Original TWLoader logo.
  • me: For implementing the auto-reset power button function used in NTR-mode, volume button control, fixed sound, and LED functions, to nds-bootstrap.
  • @shutterbug2000: For the muted sound/touchscreen fix for nds-bootstrap, and the GB icon.
  • @nocash123: For the touchscreen mode switch log. Without it, the sound/touchscreen fix code wouldn't exist.
  • @spinal_cord: DSi4DS and DSision2 graphics.

FAQs

Q: Why isn't touch input working on sudokuhax?
A: Depending on the save file of sudokuhax, the touch screen inputs may not work.

Q: Can The Biggest Loser boot SRLoader?
A: No. As The Biggest Loser is a Slot-1 game, and not a DSiWare game, SD access is disabled when running Slot-1 cards.

Q: Why do I get a white screen when trying to load a game from SD Card?
A: If you're a DSi user, Please check the LED set in SRLoader settings.
  • WiFi/Camera: If it's on, that means it's loading from the ROM. If it's off for a while, and the screen is still white, that means the game is unsupported.
  • Power: If it's purple, that means it's loading from the ROM. If it's blue (or red) for a while, and the screen is still white, that means the game is unsupported.

XD the cart I have is the unsupported one.

Swampat

The swamp monster that pats the ground
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario and Luigi Partners in Time white screens even if I change force-use donor rom. It did not do this in a previous version though.

Fat_Gammers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Robz8 all of the games on my sd card are not playing and i followed everything you said

i'm using ugopwn (my dsi is USA)
I have Kirby super star Ultra, Mario kart ds(doner rom), Scribblenauts collections, and Rhythm Heaven

Plz I need help

TheLegendofMario

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Robz8 all of the games on my sd card are not playing and i followed everything you said

i'm using ugopwn (my dsi is USA)
I have Kirby super star Ultra, Mario kart ds(doner rom), Scribblenauts collections, and Rhythm Heaven

Plz I need help

You cannot play Retail games(Games officially released and sold in stores) using UGOPwn.

Sayora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get the Kirby Squeak Squad Kiosk Demo to work despite it being listed as supported. It just whites screens, and I do have MKDS as a donor rom.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
For confirmation, does this still require a DSiware exploit even if loading from a flashcart? Or is that only for the SD loading?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SRLoader v3.4.2

What's new?
  • SRLoader logo is now shown if last ran ROM is skipped by holding B.
Bug fixes
  • Donor ROM can now be set properly again, without breaking games that use SDK3-4 (such as Kirby Super Star Ultra, which uses SDK4).
  • End bracket of ROM select is no longer shown in start menu.

For confirmation, does this still require a DSiware exploit even if loading from a flashcart? Or is that only for the SD loading?
A DSiWare exploit is only for the SD loading.
I can't get the Kirby Squeak Squad Kiosk Demo to work despite it being listed as supported. It just whites screens, and I do have MKDS as a donor rom.
Try v3.4.2, which is above, and re-set MKDS as donor ROM with that version.

Reactions: DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
A DSiWare exploit is only for the SD loading.

Thanks. As an aside, is there an advantage to using this for flashcard users or are the benefits merely cosmetic? Not trying to be dismissive, just trying to understand the benefits. Loving SRLoader so far, though on the DSTwo we lose support for DSTwo-specific applications such as CATSFC. This isn't a big deal but an trying to figure out what is gained. Trying to decide which loader to use, though the fact that SRLoader is actually active makes it extremely appealing.

Last edited by sj33,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. As an aside, is there an advantage to using this for flashcard users or are the benefits merely cosmetic? Not trying to be dismissive, just trying to understand the benefits. Loving SRLoader so far, though on the DSTwo we lose support for DSTwo-specific applications such as CATSFC. This isn't a big deal but an trying to figure out what is gained. Trying to decide which loader to use, though the fact that SRLoader is actually active makes it extremely appealing.
One advantage is that the games on flashcard have the same compatibility, as the flashcard's ROM loader is used to load ROMs.
Another is that you can load homebrew containing DSi-extended header (SSEQ Player i, for example) without any issues. This can also be done on SD card.

As for the DSTwo-specific applications, I can add a feature that opens up the DSTWO's plugin menu to access them, as the original "dstwo.nds" has been renamed to "_dstwo.nds".
In the current version, you can access that in the "_dstwo" folder in the root. Make sure folders are shown, to be able to access it.

Reactions: sj33

Fat_Gammers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's new?
  • SRLoader logo is now shown if last ran ROM is skipped by holding B.
Bug fixes
  • Donor ROM can now be set properly again, without breaking games that use SDK3-4 (such as Kirby Super Star Ultra, which uses SDK4).
  • End bracket of ROM select is no longer shown in start menu.

I need Help, I can play any of the games i want to play except Mario kart ds, Plz Help, I followed everything you said
Here is the list of games

Pokemon Diamond
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Kirby Squeak Squad
ScribbleNauts Collection
Rhythm Heaven

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need Help, I can play any of the games i want to play except Mario kart ds, Plz Help, I followed everything you said
Here is the list of games

Pokemon Diamond
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Kirby Squeak Squad
ScribbleNauts Collection
Rhythm Heaven
Did you re-set MKDS as donor ROM?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try formatting your SD card to FAT32 with 32kb cluster/allocation size.
If your PC has Windows, do it by right-clicking on your SD card, click "Format", and set filesystem and allocation size.

EDIT: Forgot you mentioned that MKDS works. How long did you wait on the white screen for the games you tried?

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s