Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

JomasterII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I typed in the wrong TWLFontTable.dat location earlier, so I've corrected it to "sd:/_nds/nds-bootstrap/".
If it's not there either, then try copying it from the NAND using GodMode9i.
Hm, not there either.
I guess I'll have to put GodMode9i on my DSi now, I'll let you know the results. Fingers crossed I don't screw it up. @ ~ @
If you don't mind me asking, how do I dump that file from the NAND? I've never used GodMode9i before.

Last edited by JomasterII,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, not there either.
I guess I'll have to put GodMode9i on my DSi now, I'll let you know the results. Fingers crossed I don't screw it up. @ ~ @
If you don't mind me asking, how do I dump that file from the NAND? I've never used GodMode9i before.
Controls are listed on the bottom screen. Just open the NAND, find the file in one of the folders, and then copy it.

bacalhau-seco

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
how do i connect pokemon games to the wii?
if its not possible now, will it be possible soon?
is there any alternative to connect pokemon on the 3ds to the wii without spending 100€ on an used copy of pokemon?

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how do i connect pokemon games to the wii?
if its not possible now, will it be possible soon?
is there any alternative to connect pokemon on the 3ds to the wii without spending 100€ on an used copy of pokemon?
If nds-bootstrap doesn't yet work with PBR and Ranch, you could try getting a flashcard. I use a hacky setup for SoulSilver where I use nds-bootstrap on my 3DS' SD card to play the game (I can use White/White 2 which I own to use the Pokéwalker) and then move the save file onto my flashcard to go to Pokétopia.

Henrold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Twilight Menu on a flashcart on a DS Lite, and I want to run GBA games but GBARunner isn't cutting it for me. I'm looking into the native option, can someone tell me more about it? Which expansion cart is best, is saving better than something like GBA Exploader, does RTC work?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Twilight Menu on a flashcart on a DS Lite, and I want to run GBA games but GBARunner isn't cutting it for me. I'm looking into the native option, can someone tell me more about it? Which expansion cart is best, is saving better than something like GBA Exploader, does RTC work?
I use a SuperCard MiniSD flashcard.
Most games work fine with TWLMenu++ installed on either the Slot-1 or Slot-2 flashcard. I don't know if RTC works though.

Henrold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a SuperCard MiniSD flashcard.
Most games work fine with TWLMenu++ installed on either the Slot-1 or Slot-2 flashcard. I don't know if RTC works though.
Taking a look at this one, it appears to require an extra step when saving games. With twilight menu, are games saved to the slot-2 cart or slot-1? Do I just need to save in-game, or do I have to do the "normal save" thing with it as well?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taking a look at this one, it appears to require an extra step when saving games. With twilight menu, are games saved to the slot-2 cart or slot-1? Do I just need to save in-game, or do I have to do the "normal save" thing with it as well?
The game is saved to wherever the game is launched from. Just save normally in-game, and then start TWiLight Menu++ again for it to grab and store your save data, as the saving takes place in the Slot-2 flashcard's SRAM chip.

Reactions: Tarmfot

RazorStrike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Whats the best flashcard to use with TwiLight Menu++ at moment, one that works flawless and, if any works to load both games in flashcard and on SD simultaneous without having to change it in settings?

Reactions: orangy57

Henrold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game is saved to wherever the game is launched from. Just save normally in-game, and then start TWiLight Menu++ again for it to grab and store your save data, as the saving takes place in the Slot-2 flashcard's SRAM chip.
Sounds good. I've heard the Supercard has some lag problems, are they improved with Twilight Menu?

Henrold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it does.
Ok, thank you! I'll probably go with it, I'm hesitant due to reports of lag but since Twilight Menu seems to help with that I'll probably have at least a better experience than with GBARunner.
Post automatically merged:

For anyone else with my RTC question, there are patches for the Pokémon games to get them to work without the need for a clock battery, and thus with a loader like Twilight Menu. Fixes for just the clock are included in the GBATA tool, and fixes for all Gen 3 games with some adjustments to the in-game clocks are available at Romhacking.net

Last edited by Henrold,
Reactions: RocketRobz

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
With the newest updat, about 2 out of 3 times when I go to the DSi menu and launch my DSTwo card, it freezes on a black screen with four colored squares in the middle. This started only on the newest 25.8.0 update.

Is there any way to avoid this?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the newest updat, about 2 out of 3 times when I go to the DSi menu and launch my DSTwo card, it freezes on a black screen with four colored squares in the middle. This started only on the newest 25.8.0 update.

Is there any way to avoid this?
v25.8.0 does not change any functionality related to Slot-1, so it sounds more like the slot is going bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey