Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Skynetz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSiMenu++ can also be used on a flashcard, with the advantages are being able to autoboot a last-selected game, and enabling 48khz sound on DSi/3DS.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If that is not a DSi-exclusive/DSiWare game, open the .nds file in a hex editor, then write "00" at 0x12 (left side).

Replace 0x12 with 00?

juniorcba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
DSiMenu++ can also be used on a flashcard, with the advantages are being able to autoboot a last-selected game, and enabling 48khz sound on DSi/3DS.

If that is not a DSi-exclusive/DSiWare game, open the .nds file in a hex editor, then write "00" at 0x12 (left side).
Right, but what forwarder do I use for this specific one? All the names of all this R4 on the market get me confused, same thing happened when I tried TWRLoader, and I gave up, LOL.
This one is that one you said maybe on next version? Thank you kind dev!

Reactions: Takeshineale128

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To those who have switched to Rei-Six for the features of soft-resetting a game and returning to DSiMenu to work, and wanting to switch back to Luma, without those features crashing your 3DS/2DS console, you can do just that, but enable game patching in Luma settings to avoid crashing your console.

Reactions: DarkDengar

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
To those who have switched to Rei-Six for the features of soft-resetting a game and returning to DSiMenu to work, and wanting to switch back to Luma, without those features crashing your 3DS/2DS console, you can do just that, but enable game patching in Luma settings to avoid crashing your console.
You can also multi-boot your 3DS by either running Rei-Six through Luma or both through fastboot. Just tossing out that there are other options for those who are interested.

Reactions: RocketRobz

DarkDengar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This fixes it on Luma for me! Thank you!!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSiMenu++ v5.0.0

Update instructions
  1. Overwrite the "_nds" folder on the SD root, with the new one from the .7z file.
  2. For DSi CFW users, put "title" folder from "CFW - SDNAND" root folder, onto the SD card root.
    If you're asked to overwrite, click "Yes".
  3. On 3DS, install the two CIAs in the "cia" folder.
What's new?
  • You can now launch your retail Slot-1 cart with your set language (if supported by the game) and clock speed in the Games/Apps settings!
    Incompatible flashcards (such as the CycloDS Evolution) will now work as well, but it will not read your set language in the Games/Apps settings.
  • Reset Slot-1 option added. Change this option, if your flashcard is not booting.
  • DSi theme: The rotating dots when launching a game are now added.
    In DSiMenu++, the dots are rotating diamondly, rather than circularly, due to the diamondlar version being easier to implement.
  • In addition to DS ROMs, you can now have an NES or GB(C) ROM as your last-ran ROM!
Bug fixes
  • After saving settings, DSiMenu++ is now rebooted on 3DS as well, in order to avoid crashing on a white screen.
    Be sure to enable game patching in Luma settings, if you're on 3DS.
  • Fixed DSiMenu++ logo not being shown on flashcarts.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Incompatible flashcards (such as the CycloDS Evolution) will now work as well, but it will not read your set language in the Games/Apps settings.
  • Reset Slot-1 option added. Change this option, if your flashcard is not booting.
Testing this with my DSTT soon. Hope it works.

"Start failed. Error 1"

ZeroXoreZ

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hello! I tried to replace this to the dsi menu but i got a error: An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Nintendo Dsi Operations Manual for details. Please help!!!

Henceforth

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Try it the new version: DSiMenu++ v5.0.0 on OLD 3DS Luma 9.0
in settings when exit gets a screen error but save the settings. Turn off the 3DS, on again, turn on the DSIMenu... select the game and play fine :creep:

(Install the 2 new cias, but don't delete the two cias in my 3DS before do it, it is fine?)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Start failed. Error 1"
Use the new flashcard autoboot file for DSiMenu++.
Try it the new version: DSiMenu++ v5.0.0 on OLD 3DS Luma 9.0
in settings when exit gets a screen error but save the settings. Turn off the 3DS, on again, turn on the DSIMenu... select the game and play fine :creep:
Turn on game patching in Luma settings.
(Install the 2 new cias, but don't delete the two cias in my 3DS before do it, it is fine?)
Yes, just install the new CIAs. The old ones will be overwritten.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM