Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Switch and a 3DS and wondering what runs best?

MelonDS on switch vs TWiLight Menu++ on the 3DS?
TWiLight Menu++ on 3DS, because DS(i) games are run natively and are not emulated.
Though I guess it depends which games you're looking to play, since nds-bootstrap (used by TWLMenu++ to run games from the SD card) is unable to run a few of them, which then, you could use MelonDS to run them.

Tyvar1

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
TWiLight Menu++ on 3DS, because DS(i) games are run natively and are not emulated.
Though I guess it depends which games you're looking to play, since nds-bootstrap (used by TWLMenu++ to run games from the SD card) is unable to run a few of them, which then, you could use MelonDS to run them.
Oh Wicked! Thanks :yaynds:

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
While some gamers use dual-booting with their flashcart (YSMenu + their own kernel) I will be the first (and only, I think) to use dual-exploiting from SD-slot of DSi, installing both Memory Pit and Flipnote Lenny at the same time.
Someone will reply, "And for what reason? It seems like a totally unnecessary thing to do."
Because Memory Pit starts faster, with one simple tap, while Flipnote Lenny requires a few more steps, but is more compatible with dsiware roms as a whole. If a third exploit existed, I'd install that one too, out of sheer curiosity and as supporter of hacking science (that's what it's called, right?)...
😣 😂 🤣

GIKAS1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey everyone! So I just updated my old 14.0 TWiLight menu++ and the bootstrap with the one provided on the latest official release on my DSI XL with HIYA CFW... My problem is that when I try to open TWiLight menu++ from the dsi menu the screen goes white and the intro wont play until I tap the Power button (quickly tap... Not enough for the dsi to close) Is this supposed to happen or is there something wrong with my update process? Everything else works fine like before... Many thanks in advance!

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone! So I just updated my old 14.0 TWiLight menu++ and the bootstrap with the one provided on the latest official release on my DSI XL with HIYA CFW... My problem is that when I try to open TWiLight menu++ from the dsi menu the screen goes white and the intro wont play until I tap the Power button (quickly tap... Not enough for the dsi to close) Is this supposed to happen or is there something wrong with my update process? Everything else works fine like before... Many thanks in advance!
There's some bug in the current release where that's happening for a few people, hold SELECT while loading TWiLight then either set "DSi/3DS Theme Music" to "Off", change your "Theme" to anything that isn't Nintendo DSi (or maybe 3DS), or get one of the non-"Default" skins from the skins site, or downgrade to v24.4.0.

Hopefully this is fixed soon, but unfortunately for the moment you're stuck with one of those workarounds

Relevant issue: #1902

Reactions: GIKAS1

GIKAS1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
There's some bug in the current release where that's happening for a few people, hold SELECT while loading TWiLight then either set "DSi/3DS Theme Music" to "Off", change your "Theme" to anything that isn't Nintendo DSi (or maybe 3DS), or get one of the non-"Default" skins from , or downgrade to v24.4.0.

Hopefully this is fixed soon, but unfortunately for the moment you're stuck with one of those workarounds

Relevant issue:
Oh I see thanks for the info and suggestions!

xaviersaverio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello - Nanostray 2 (Europe) gets stuck on a red screen at game over when I answer No to the Continue screen. It also happens when I pause the game and want to exit.
I'm using a DSi and have tried all various settings.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello - Nanostray 2 (Europe) gets stuck on a red screen at game over when I answer No to the Continue screen. It also happens when I pause the game and want to exit.
I'm using a DSi and have tried all various settings.
I got this to work on the 3ds by enabling dsi mode. otherwise, the music eventually becomes choppy, and selecting no at continue resulted in a black screen. both issues were fixed with this change. I don't know how it is on the dsi though.

xaviersaverio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I got this to work on the 3ds by enabling dsi mode. otherwise, the music eventually becomes choppy, and selecting no at continue resulted in a black screen. both issues were fixed with this change. I don't know how it is on the dsi though.
DSi mode results for me in a black screen right after the Shinen & Majesco logos.

september796

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Long time since i last updated twilight menu. I'd like to report that the screen tearing issue on the menu is gone :). But there is still an issue on the bottom screen when scrolling up and down the manuals (3ds version).

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long time since i last updated twilight menu. I'd like to report that the screen tearing issue on the menu is gone :).
It may still occur on random though.
But there is still an issue on the bottom screen when scrolling up and down the manuals (3ds version).
What's the issue, exactly?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk