Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TWLMenu++ v12.2 here (haven't bothered updating things in like a year or whatever), and though this has probably been discussed before, Dragon Quest V's antipiracy is being a pain in my ass even though presumably the patching/AP-dodging is built in to TWLMenu++ iirc. What do I do? (Is it only built in in later versions? If that isn't it, what is?)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TWLMenu++ v12.2 here (haven't bothered updating things in like a year or whatever), and though this has probably been discussed before, Dragon Quest V's antipiracy is being a pain in my ass even though presumably the patching/AP-dodging is built in to TWLMenu++ iirc. What do I do? (Is it only built in in later versions? If that isn't it, what is?)
You can patch it manually. I encountered ap with dq9 where sometimes my save wouldn't load. I patched it myself with I nds scene tool. It has most ap patches built in. Anyway, no problems now. :D. I think that's before twilight menu had the patch. It shouldn't hurt anything if you patch it manually.

Reactions: banjo2

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can patch it manually. I encountered ap with dq9 where sometimes my save wouldn't load. I patched it myself with I nds scene tool. It has most ap patches built in. Anyway, no problems now. :D. I think that's before twilight menu had the patch. It shouldn't hurt anything if you patch it manually.
Ah, got it. I'm too lazy to update TWLM at the moment, so I'll do that.
Also forgot to mention another thing: Mega Man ZX freezes white when I try to launch it. Though it's been over a year since I first played it, it did work back then on what I can only assume was a PRIOR version of TWLM. What happened, and how can I get it to work again?

Last edited by Plasmaster09,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, got it. I'm too lazy to update TWLM at the moment, so I'll do that.
Also forgot to mention another thing: Mega Man ZX freezes white when I try to launch it. Though it's been over a year since I first played it, it did work back then on what I can only assume was a PRIOR version of TWLM. What happened, and how can I get it to work again?
It still works on my side. Try replacing your ROM, as it probably got corrupt overtime.

Reactions: Tarmfot and banjo2

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It still works on my side. Try replacing your ROM, as it probably got corrupt overtime.
Ouch. Well, I'll try that (along with manually patching DQ5) and hope it works.
Edit: ZX works! You were spot on- the ROM was just messed up. Works fine now with the same save! :D
...and DQ5 doesn't. Shit. What now?

Last edited by Plasmaster09,

Arcano_cz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Guys, how does it work the Precise Volume Control option in NDSi?

I’ve it enabled in TM++ settings, but it doesn't change the volume when I use select+up/down (pad)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, how does it work the Precise Volume Control option in NDSi?

I’ve it enabled in TM++ settings, but it doesn't change the volume when I use select+up/down (pad)
Did you hold D-Pad instead of just pressing it?
If so, and it still doesn't work, then it'll only work in DS games.

MrLeche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Getting the same problem with my daughter's Pokemon Platinum version. Please help:

Givens:
working perfectly fine on a DS Lite on R4, rom and .sav file

Here's The thing:
Given her a used DSi LL I've bought from a thrift store, followed the dsi exploit already on twilightmenu++ with unlaunch WITH LANGUAGE PATCHER V2 so it's all english.

Copied all the games from her DS Lite SD card to the DSi LL using a computer. Then she turned it on and open PPV and boom a communication error occured.

Here's more info. my daughter has a twin boy, my son. who I did the same exact thing except for him, he got a DSi XL (already english)
Did the exact same thing except the language patcher obviously. Everything on his end works fine.

so as parting post.. lol, please help!

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Getting the same problem with my daughter's Pokemon Platinum version. Please help:

Givens:
working perfectly fine on a DS Lite on R4, rom and .sav file

Here's The thing:
Given her a used DSi LL I've bought from a thrift store, followed the dsi exploit already on twilightmenu++ with unlaunch WITH LANGUAGE PATCHER V2 so it's all english.

Copied all the games from her DS Lite SD card to the DSi LL using a computer. Then she turned it on and open PPV and boom a communication error occured.

Here's more info. my daughter has a twin boy, my son. who I did the same exact thing except for him, he got a DSi XL (already english)
Did the exact same thing except the language patcher obviously. Everything on his end works fine.

so as parting post.. lol, please help!
Check if the "Wi-Fi" setting is turned off in TWiLight Menu++ settings, I think it's on the Misc. Settings page. That happens when Wi-Fi is off because it tries to look for a Wii to show the Connect to Wii option.

MrLeche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello Pk11, thanks for answering. Yes I turned it on. no dice, but then, I changed the Sysnand Region from JPN to ENG. the device is an LL, but with the language patcher its all english, I just had a hunch to try to do it and now I mean just now, it's working. My Daughter's very happy. Thanks a bunch!

Updates

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v21.4.0

Includes nds-bootstrap v0.46.1

What's new?
  • A built-in TWL clock speed blacklist has been added, containing known games which caused issues using TWL clock speed.
Improvements
  • (@Pk11 and various) Updated translations.
  • (@Pk11) Scrolling in the DSi, 3DS, Saturn, and HBL themes, has greatly improved!
    • Dragging the scroll bar in the DSi theme will no longer show low FPS.

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
v21.4.0

Includes nds-bootstrap v0.46.1

What's new?
  • A built-in TWL clock speed blacklist has been added, containing known games which caused issues using TWL clock speed.
Improvements
  • (@Pk11 and various) Updated translations.
  • (@Pk11) Scrolling in the DSi, 3DS, Saturn, and HBL themes, has greatly improved!
    • Dragging the scroll bar in the DSi theme will no longer show low FPS.

Many thanks for the improvements done and for sharing the update, @Robz8. :D

I have just hacked my DSi yesterday for the first time through dsi.cfw.guide. It was around 21:00 (BST). Does it mean TWL Menu was not on its latest version on the official guide yet? Or has it been updated by then?

Otherwise, all I need to do is replacing the _nds folder and the BOOT.nds file on the root of my SD card, correct? I have the Unlaunch menu already installed and setup and everything seems to be working well.

On another note, I have 2 questions for you:
  • Where can I check the TWL Menu's version on my console?
  • Are there any disadvantages of overclocking my DSi from 67mHz to 133mHz? And what about changing the sound frequence from 32kHz to 48kHz?

Many thanks in advance.

tfocosta

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I have just hacked my DSi yesterday for the first time through dsi.cfw.guide. It was around 21:00 (BST). Does it mean TWL Menu was not on its latest version on the official guide yet? Or has it been updated by then?
I believe that would mean you have 21.3.0, yes.

Otherwise, all I need to do is replacing the _nds folder and the BOOT.nds file on the root of my SD card, correct? I have the Unlaunch menu already installed and setup and everything seems to be working well.
Essentially yes, here's a short updating guide on it.
Where can I check the TWL Menu's version on my console?
The TWiLight Menu++ version will be shown at the bottom-right corner of the top screen of the settings menu, with the nds-bootstrap version on the top left.
Are there any disadvantages of overclocking my DSi from 67mHz to 133mHz? And what about changing the sound frequence from 32kHz to 48kHz?
Some specific games may have problems, but it's fairly unlikely.
If you do run into problems with TWL clock speed, you can let us know so that it can be added to the blacklist.
I dunno if sound frequency is known to be problematic, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ssssey ioBtneicnA@