Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I tried playing Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded and it wasn't working all that well. It kept freezing at the FMV cutscenes, and even when I skipped them, the game just kept stopping and staying on a black screen altogether. Not sure if this happens with 358/2 days, but thought you should know that the game doesn't play that well.

JosephVnzla

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello, is there a solution to the constant freezes of the game Mario & Luigi Inside Bowser Story, I am playing the European version in the latest version of nds-bootstrap.

xaviersaverio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello - Kirby Power Paintbrush doesn't save my progress.
I thought this issue had been solved a while ago.
Any idea what the problem might be?

xaviersaverio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Good Morning.:)

Mario Kart DS (US Version) TID:AMCE
When I choose Multiplayer,it freezes on the next Screen.

Is there some Setting I have missed please ? :(

Thank you.:)

I'm using the Europe version with default TWL Menu settings and everything works fine including mutiplayer. Try this version as it has english available.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

I'm using the Europe version with default TWL Menu settings and everything works fine including mutiplayer. Try this version as it has english available.

Unfortunately same Issue.:(

- Card read DMA - OFF
- No Cheats turned on
- deleted Save File and Bootstrap Entry

It also freezes when I enter the Nintendo WFC - WFC Settings -> Setup Number 1 - Searching for an Access Point.

It happens on the Nintendo DSi XL with TWiLight.

Last edited by Alexander1970,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Unfortunately same Issue.:(

- Card read DMA - OFF
- No Cheats turned on
- deleted Save File and Bootstrap Entry

It also freezes when I enter the Nintendo WFC - WFC Settings -> Setup Number 1 - Searching for an Access Point.

It happens on the Nintendo DSi XL with TWiLight.

Try manually setting DS mode.
If that also doesn't fix it, idk what will.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Try manually setting DS mode.
If that also doesn't fix it, idk what will.

No Change....sorry........:sad:

By the Way,both Flashcards on DS Lite stays on two White Screens with both Mario Kart DS Game Versions....:blink:
No Idea what happened.....I am very sorry

EDIT: Games works now on the DSi XL.
(WiFi was turned off in the TWiLight Settings....very sorry...)

EDIT: Games works on the New 3DS XL.

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: banjo2

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Anyone else getting white screen after bootstrap logo on v20.1.0 in Ghost Trick EUR on N3DSXL? Goes to white, then flashes and stays on white.

Funny thing is the first time I launched it it ran fine until it froze up. It behaved the same after I launched it again, but after it froze a second time (a bit earlier in the game) it stopped launching altogether and started acting as described above. Tried DSi and DS modes, also tried switching between NTR and TWL and a bunch of other things... but nothing worked :/ Any ideas?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else getting white screen after bootstrap logo on v20.1.0 in Ghost Trick EUR on N3DSXL? Goes to white, then flashes and stays on white.

Funny thing is the first time I launched it it ran fine until it froze up. It behaved the same after I launched it again, but after it froze a second time (a bit earlier in the game) it stopped launching altogether and started acting as described above. Tried DSi and DS modes, also tried switching between NTR and TWL and a bunch of other things... but nothing worked :/ Any ideas?
Have you tried changing the "Card read DMA" setting to "Off"?
It fixed crashes for a lot of users.

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Yeah, it looks as though it's working. For now, at least - I'll be doing some testing to see if the game craps out later or not. Thanks for the tip!

I'm curious: what compatibility am I sacrificing by turning this off, in broad terms?

Reactions: Alexander1970
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My DSi has been slow ever since the new update. For instance, it takes about a minute to boot to the main menu, about 40 seconds to boot a game, and about 1 to 2 minutes for ndsbootstrap to finish...whatever it's doing. I'm using a 4GB card in case you're wondering. The previous versions weren't that slow, and the r*ms I had booted up fast and there wasn't any form of slowdown whatsoever.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it looks as though it's working. For now, at least - I'll be doing some testing to see if the game craps out later or not. Thanks for the tip!

I'm curious: what compatibility am I sacrificing by turning this off, in broad terms?
For most games, it's nothing. It seems very few games need it on though.
My DSi has been slow ever since the new update. For instance, it takes about a minute to boot to the main menu, about 40 seconds to boot a game, and about 1 to 2 minutes for ndsbootstrap to finish...whatever it's doing. I'm using a 4GB card in case you're wondering. The previous versions weren't that slow, and the r*ms I had booted up fast and there wasn't any form of slowdown whatsoever.
So does downgrading speed up the progress?
The reason why it's at least slower for nds-bootstrap, is because it searches for more functions to patch. After that, booting should be faster on relaunch.

Reactions: such and banjo2
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

So does downgrading speed up the progress?
The reason why it's at least slower for nds-bootstrap, is because it searches for more functions to patch. After that, booting should be faster on relaunch.
Yeah. I went back to 18.5 which was the fastest for me. 19.1 and so on got slower and slower. I tried formatting and re-writing the SD card; even tried another SD card. They still ran slower on the latest update.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Where was it slower, in partiuclar?
As mentioned before.
1. When booting up the console for the first time (Warning text, etc.)
2. Loading up the list of games that I have (I have around 20-24 r*ms installed)
3. When booting up a game (I tested this with both low-sized games and the pretty heavy ones like Nino Kuni and Inazuma Eleven which are around 400-500 MB)
4. When ndsbootstrap is loading after booting the game.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As mentioned before.
1. When booting up the console for the first time (Warning text, etc.)
2. Loading up the list of games that I have (I have around 20-24 r*ms installed)
3. When booting up a game (I tested this with both low-sized games and the pretty heavy ones like Nino Kuni and Inazuma Eleven which are around 400-500 MB)
4. When ndsbootstrap is loading after booting the game.
Hmm, can you make a comparison video?
I never had slowdown on my side.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm, can you make a comparison video?
I never had slowdown on my side.
S̶u̶r̶e̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶n̶e̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶n̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶h̶i̶t̶t̶y̶.̶

Nevermind. I found the issue. It's a cheat database that I have installed which slowed down everything. Deleting it seemed to have fixed the issue.

Last edited by Deleted member 534570,

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Thanks again for clarifying. I did some further testing and there haven't been any more issues, including some other games which I had DMA on for previously. I'll just keep it off by default until I really happen to need it on.

Last edited by such,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse