Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

wild_akane

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
need help.. aai2 is running but the text is weird.. i am using o3ds with latest luma and twl.. with patched rom which worked fine on emulator.. thanks

Baromo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi!
I'm testing gba native mode on my ds lite (ace3ds+ and supercard sd mini) and thus far, every game I tried is booting fine.
I observed some games like Super Mario bros 3 and Pokemon Gaia (romhack) gave me a "save corrupted" message but in fact my saves worked fine (except for Pokemon romhacks Unbound and Radical Red but it's probably more a rtc problem).
Is it normal to see those kind of messages or does it have something to do with my setup?

I also observed real time clock feature does not work (Pokemon Emerald, Unbound, Radical Red). Can we hope one day to see rtc with gba native mode? (I think rtc works with gbarunner2 ; I know it's two different things but maybe it could hint to a workaround?)

Anyway, a big thank you for all your work!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!
I'm testing gba native mode on my ds lite (ace3ds+ and supercard sd mini) and thus far, every game I tried is booting fine.
I observed some games like Super Mario bros 3 and Pokemon Gaia (romhack) gave me a "save corrupted" message but in fact my saves worked fine (except for Pokemon romhacks Unbound and Radical Red but it's probably more a rtc problem).
Is it normal to see those kind of messages or does it have something to do with my setup?

I also observed real time clock feature does not work (Pokemon Emerald, Unbound, Radical Red). Can we hope one day to see rtc with gba native mode? (I think rtc works with gbarunner2 ; I know it's two different things but maybe it could hint to a workaround?)

Anyway, a big thank you for all your work!
Those games show the save corruption message, because the save size in the Supercard flashcard is smaller than the game's save size, so there is no way to fix it.
Also, I don't think the RTC bug is fixable either, since the flashcard probably doesn't have RTC.

3DSBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I ran into a very strange issue. I installed the TWPatcher and played a few games in widescreen. Everything worked fine. Popped my SD Card in my PC to put some more roms and when I booted back up the DS, the twilight menu is missing :O The TWPatcher is still there, but the menu itself is not on my homescreen :X Can someone help me? Do I need to reinstall?

I tried to play a DSI Ware game when it first "happened" I guess, I got the enountered an error but after googling it seems like this is normal. However my TWLM is missing wtf :/

Last edited by 3DSBest,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I ran into a very strange issue. I installed the TWPatcher and played a few games in widescreen. Everything worked fine. Popped my SD Card in my PC to put some more roms and when I booted back up the DS, the twilight menu is missing :O The TWPatcher is still there, but the menu itself is not on my homescreen :X Can someone help me? Do I need to reinstall? I get NDS Bootstrapper has encountered an error when I try boot up any rom from my forwarders :x Help pls
Sounds like there's more than 40 DSiWare and/or forwarders installed. Try deleting some of them.
Also, make sure both TWLMenu++ and nds-bootstrap are up-to-date.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any way to bypass the 39 title limit? would i have to create new folders or something like that?
Look at the bottom of the top screen on how to see more than 39 or 40 titles.
If you're referring to forwarders though, this cannot be worked around.

Last edited by RocketRobz,
Reactions: banjo2 and Kris1

3DSBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any way to bypass the 39 title limit? would i have to create new folders or something like that?

My TWLM++ didnt have any issue (all games did display in the folder, I believe), but the menu itself disappeared when I had more than 40 forwarders installed~ I think L and R show all

Reactions: banjo2

Greentoilet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
When I go into TWLMenu++ menu by holding select on startup the screen ratio forcibly switches to one way smaller than my NEW 3DS XL
anyone know the cause of this and how to stop it from doing this?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I go into TWLMenu++ menu by holding select on startup the screen ratio forcibly switches to one way smaller than my NEW 3DS XL
anyone know the cause of this and how to stop it from doing this?
It's normal for this to happen. By holding SELECT, you're running DS(i) mode in the original native resolution.

Reactions: banjo2

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
@Robz8
I can't get to boot my games in DSi Mode
Keeps throwing me this message.
How do i get the DSi binaries?
IMG_20210430_233153.jpg

Maculo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi!! With the latest version of twlightmenu++ the game Newer Super Mario Bros doesn´t load, it stucks on a white screen.
With previous versions it worked, what could be the problem?

Last edited by Maculo,
Reactions: FanNintendo

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Hi!! With the latest verion of twlightmenu++ the game Newer Super Mario Bros doesn´t load, it stucks on a white screen.
With latest versions it worked, what could be the problem?
Seems to be fixed by the latest nightly (See issue #1131)

Edit: Wait it was fixed in the TWiLight Menu++ nightly, not the nds-bootstrap one.

On 3DS you can update to the nightly with Universal-Updater, simply choose the "[nightly]" one.

Otherwise you can download the relevant package Nightly 7z and install more or less like normal with that, TWiLight Menu++ on Universal-DB (it's a bit easier to download from there than the TWLBot itself)

On 3DS you can update the nightly with Universal-Updater or otherwise you can download it from TWLBot and simply extract everything in the nds-bootstrap folder to "sd:/_nds/".

Then you can either set TWiLight to use it by pressing Y on the game and setting "Bootstrap" to "Nightly" for that game or setting it on the Games and Apps settings page for all games.

Or just wait for the next update, no ETA when that'll be though.

Last edited by Pk11,

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
How does the pack file work in twlmenu++ in a specific sense?
The AP patch and widescreen ones? They're packed by this Python script when running make, it's basically just a simple sorted list (for easy quick binary searching) of all the games with where their data is, how long that data is, and if it's a cheat or patch, then all of said data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: