Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You can't hack the physiological or psychological effects of a nice walk. And it's not expensive if you already have one. Just a matter of getting it to work with your setup.

If you already have one you most likely also have the game that came with it.

Ale64

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
Just got a recent problem. I got a new flashcard, an EZ-Flash Vi, for my DSi. After some kernel shenanigans I tried to get the menu working on it, but after starting it it gets stuck on white screens. Also tried with Autoboot (The kernel is the same as the old V cards), and puts a black screen saying "FAT Init failed!" at the bottom. Somebody knows how could I get it working either way? Just curious, I always have the DSi, R4 and 2DS too.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Just got a recent problem. I got a new flashcard, an EZ-Flash Vi, for my DSi. After some kernel shenanigans I tried to get the menu working on it, but after starting it it gets stuck on white screens. Also tried with Autoboot (The kernel is the same as the old V cards), and puts a black screen saying "FAT Init failed!" at the bottom. Somebody knows how could I get it working either way? Just curious, I always have the DSi, R4 and 2DS too.

Did you try going to the settings and disable all the options with "i-cache" on them?

Also disable "Save FAT table cache".

Last edited by raxadian,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
How is this related to @Ale64's issue though?
The issue is that his card cannot (auto)boot TWLMenu++.

Is basically all the settings that cause crashes that I could think of.

Edit: Also since is more and more common for micro as cards to be over 32 gb is also a recurrent issue. So better have it checked just in case.

Last edited by raxadian,
Reactions: Tarmfot

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v19.0.0: St. Patrick's Day (2021) release

Includes nds-bootstrap v0.37.0

What's new?
  • Cheats can now be used, if flashcard is running with SCFG access for Slot-1 turned on.
  • Native GBA ROM loader: WarioWare: Twisted! and Yoshi Topsy Turvy are now playable without tilt controls!
  • (@Pk11 and various) Added Dutch and Indonesian languages.
  • (@Pk11) Added sorting to the R4 theme.
  • Removed `Heap Shrink` and `Cache block size` settings.
  • Added AP fixes for these games:
    • Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (Cheat versions, switched from the IPS versions)
    • Nanashi no Geemu/The Nameless Game (The fix is unrelated to AP, and is just a simple black screen fix code)
    • Yuuzai x Muzai (Causes white screen, apparently) (Added by @R-YaTian)
  • Title splash screen: Green-colored background is now shown for St. Patrick's Day.
Improvements

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good Morning. 1tee.gif

What's new?
  • Cheats can now be used, if flashcard is running with SCFG access for Slot-1 turned on.

bravo.gif clap.gif daumen.gif

Very,very impressive.......honestly,I did not believed it,that is possible.
You are an Wizard.

Thank you very much for that Option.:)

Native GBA ROM loader: WarioWare: Twisted! and Yoshi Topsy Turvy can now be playable with regular controls!

That is unbelievable !!! Bravo !!!! :bow:

A "little sad",that GBARunner now becomes ....:sad:.....no longer needed ?
(maybe I am wrong........)

Thank you for that brilliant and awesome Update.:)

EduAAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Just a question/suggestion, could be implemented a save state feature as some flashcarts have, but better implemented so loading save states don't make games have no sound or graphical glitches?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a question/suggestion, could be implemented a save state feature as some flashcarts have, but better implemented so loading save states don't make games have no sound or graphical glitches?
That's probably not possible, as some memory values are read/write-only.

James01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello Greeting!

this is probably a noob question. Is Twilight Menu on 3DS supports dsiware?. I tried to run some backups on ".nds" formart and got an error saying "An error has occured".

to the author of this wonderful app thank you for your hardwork because we can experience DS/DSi with our own 3DS.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Greeting!

this is probably a noob question. Is Twilight Menu on 3DS supports dsiware?. I tried to run some backups on ".nds" formart and got an error saying "An error has occured".

to the author of this wonderful app thank you for your hardwork because we can experience DS/DSi with our own 3DS.
Nope. DSiWare is not yet supported.

Anis360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
  • Native GBA ROM loader: WarioWare: Twisted! and Yoshi Topsy Turvy can now be playable with regular controls!

How can I use that GBA ROM loader to load GBA ROMs? And will I be able to play WarioWare: Twisted! and Yoshi Topsy Turvy without tilt patches?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I use that GBA ROM loader to load GBA ROMs? And will I be able to play WarioWare: Twisted! and Yoshi Topsy Turvy without tilt patches?
  1. You need a DS Phat or lite with one of the Slot-2 flashcards listed in the first post.
  2. Yes, that's what regular controls means, in that case.

punyme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Hello! I just installed Twilight menu for the 3DS by following your guide.
Everything works fine and I load a rom without problem. (Digimon Dusk)

But after I close the menu and re-open the app and select another game, it loads the previously run game. I can't seem to run another games even after selecting them. It keeps loading the first game I launched.

Edit: Solved the problem. SD card was faulty and corrupted. Changed to a new one and everything works. Thank you.

Last edited by punyme,

Kyle_w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi folks, first of all, big thanks to Robz and all involved in the scene, I have been using TWL for a couple of years with no issues on my DSi XL. Now I'm unable to launch a few games so I would like to ask here first before I open an issue at the bootstrap git.

I have 2 SD cards recently formatted in 32kb and one has the latest TWL and the other has TWL 10.2.0 with bootstrap 0.26 because it's the last one that runs the Korg Synths without audio problems as related on the git already.
So the issue is with two games that white screen when I launch them with the latest but run fine on the 10.2.0 sd card:

1. Final Fantasy Tactics A2
2. Spider Man - Edge of time (this one is not on the compatibility list for some reason, haven't played past the menu but it launches on 10.2)

Most other games I play are working so far and sorry for not having tested with other releases in-between.
I would like to add a game that I was never able to run in both sd cards I have right now and the same with the valentines TWL release, just didnt report before cause I'm not dying to play this title.

3. Top Spin 3

I tried to launch all of these with all different options: nightly, release, vram on-off, etc... Can anyone confirm this issue?
Thanks in advance.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi folks, first of all, big thanks to Robz and all involved in the scene, I have been using TWL for a couple of years with no issues on my DSi XL. Now I'm unable to launch a few games so I would like to ask here first before I open an issue at the bootstrap git.

I have 2 SD cards recently formatted in 32kb and one has the latest TWL and the other has TWL 10.2.0 with bootstrap 0.26 because it's the last one that runs the Korg Synths without audio problems as related on the git already.
So the issue is with two games that white screen when I launch them with the latest but run fine on the 10.2.0 sd card:

1. Final Fantasy Tactics A2
2. Spider Man - Edge of time (this one is not on the compatibility list for some reason, haven't played past the menu but it launches on 10.2)

Most other games I play are working so far and sorry for not having tested with other releases in-between.
I would like to add a game that I was never able to run in both sd cards I have right now and the same with the valentines TWL release, just didnt report before cause I'm not dying to play this title.

3. Top Spin 3

I tried to launch all of these with all different options: nightly, release, vram on-off, etc... Can anyone confirm this issue?
Thanks in advance.
Try updating the nds-bootstrap Nightly to the latest commit, and see if it fixes the issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche