1. WG481

WG481 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks!
    I found an error with the Updater (3DS). If I download any extras at all, BAM! ARM11 Exception.

2. RacsoSakuraba

RacsoSakuraba GBAtemp Regular

Venezuela
    @Robz8 I've been reading you but clarify a question: SDNAND is no longer necessary to use TWLMenu ++? The question arises from the comment that HiyaCFW is no longer needed for this as it works using only unlaunch.

In this way, the titles folder that was supposed to be inside the SDNAND TWLMenu ++ will continue to read without problems?

And finally: I had recently updated but now all games are left with a white screen, what could it be?

3. Robz8

OP Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    Yes.
    Some of the nds-bootstrap .bin files probably got corrupt. Try deleting the "nds-bootstrap" folder in "sd:/_nds".
    If that doesn't fix it, try replacing the ROMs.

4. gohan123

gohan123 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    it worked in the past but now all my games are widescreen, even if I choose 4:3. only thing I can do is disable luma firm thing but then every game is 4:3 only. I can't remember which I used in the past, I think I enabled widescreen the first time twilight menu added it, anything changed from back then?

5. Robz8

OP Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    Re-do the widescreen steps.

6. Fens

Fens Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Pokemon games that connect to Pokemon Battle Revolution on Wii reboots if try to connect

7. Jamie107

Jamie107 Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    So eh, I have a small question. Hope it isn’t a stupid one >~<

Anyway I tried out the widescreen support for nds games a while back shortly after it was introduced. I tried it on Pokemon soul silver but it really seemed to stretch and morph the sprites and I didn’t find it very pleasant to look at. It wasn’t a subtle difference either, more like the image was simply stretched to make it widescreen

Now I wonder, was I doing something wrong or will the result always be like this. I kind of expected the widescreen support to look closer to the original but widescreen. Am
    I seeing this stretching because the game is 2D and does widescreen work better with 3D games?

Additionally I made the mistake of enabling a widescreen cheat and that really messed the graphics up. By now I suspect that you shouldn’t use widescreen cheats at all in combination with the twilight menu widescreen support. This is correct right?

Sorry if someone already answered any of these questions, I tried using the forum search function but I couldn’t quite figure out yet how to narrow down to results I wanted.

Tarmfot and Robz8 like this.
  8. Robz8

OP Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    A known issue with an unknown cause.
    Yes. TWiLight Menu++ includes widescreen cheats for each compatible game.

9. Ouail

Ouail Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    i wanted to convert a .dss savefile to a .sav savefile. but the converter i used gives me an error when i try to convert it. is there any other way to use a .dss savefile in twilightmenu++ on 3ds?

10. Robz8

OP Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    DeSmuME should include an option to export the .dsv (assuming that's what you mean) file as a raw one.

alexander1970 likes this.
  11. WG481

WG481 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    @Robz8 Is it possible to make your own themes for TWiLight Menu++?

12. maorninja

maorninja GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yep, there are guides to making your own skins on the wiki

Robz8 and banjo2 like this.
  13. Ale64

Ale64 Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    I went over here just to say that Robz is such a genius for making this menu, and I am so glad that I found about this. Thanks to this, my DSi that had a damaged Slot-1 can play not only DS games again, but emulators and GBA ones like on the first two DS, which is pretty incredible. Also, an extra option alongside flashcard on my 2DS is very welcome, specially the widescreen. So yeah, I am very grateful with him and the people that helped too, as they basically made my DSi usable again!

Also, I love the custom Unlaunch BGs and the undo of the patches on the NAND. I am also glad that NoCash made Unlaunch in the first place, but it limited the app customization a lot that's for sure. Here are the pics I have for it rn!

Attached Files:

Tarmfot, ImFire, Robz8 and 4 others like this.
  14. Subötaï

Subötaï GBAtemp Regular

AK2i themes no longer works =(

15. AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu DS Pokémon Fan

Australia
    How do cheats work? Do I need to place a "cheats.txt" file somewhere for each game?

16. Jamie107

Jamie107 Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    So I just tried the widescreen guide on the GitHub wiki again and I noticed it tells you to generate a TwlBg.cxi file with twpatch twice. Does it matter which filter you choose when you generate the file you have to rename to Widescreen.cxi? Or only when you generate the second cxi?

Also should you use the ‘GPU scale test’ patch both times or only the first time?

17. Robz8

OP Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    Wood UI theme is temporarily disabled, due to bugs that would corrupt the SD card.
    Put "usrcheat.dat" in "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/extras/".
    1. The filter selection is up to you.
    2. Select GPU scaling for only the first time.

18. JonArbuckle28

JonArbuckle28 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm sorry if this has been answered before, or if it has a really obvious solution, but my search has been fruitless
    Is it possible to use cheats with a game from a DS cart? Dark Dawn just gives a black screen when run from a rom, and I really want to use that 0.5x exp code. I saw that there's something called NitroHax out there, but I'd prefer not to download something new if I don't have to

19. Robz8

OP Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    TWiLight Menu++ does not have a feature to use cheats with DS carts.

20. AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu DS Pokémon Fan

Australia
    Okay, got cheats working now. Except...once I "save" the cheats I want to use, I can no longer deselect them, which is weird. For example, I enabled a Wild Pokémon Modifier cheat for HeartGold, and now I don't want it activated - when I go back to TWiLight++ and go to the cheat and press A, the cross to the left of it remains.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - replacement, TWiLight, [DS(i)