Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

GaroK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have trouble running Neighbours from Hell. The issue was already described on 449th page. The game freezes on black screen after trying to load a level.

I'd really like to get it to work, any ideas?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have trouble running Neighbours from Hell. The issue was already described on 449th page. The game freezes on black screen after trying to load a level.

I'd really like to get it to work, any ideas?
Known issue. Please wait for a fix.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

g12345567

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Twilight Menu++ updater is really slow to extract and install updates. Previously before the update bug it was quick to install updates. Since 16.0.0 Is the first version I've tried installing since the fix. Took around 70 minutes to extract this update on a New 2DS XL..

Last edited by g12345567,

Deleted member 534671

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me how to get Mario Kart DS running in widescreen? I have pretty much every game I have running in widescreen but I can’t get this one working.
I have the latest TwiLight Menu installed and the usrcheat.dat in Extras folder with Widescreen enabled in TwiLight and in the cheats database. On the compatible games list MKDS is there with a link to a Dropbox file “mkdswide.xdelta3” which I’ve downloaded but I’m not sure what this is or where to place it.

Deleted member 534671

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me how to get Mario Kart DS running in widescreen? I have pretty much every game I have running in widescreen but I can’t get this one working.
I have the latest TwiLight Menu installed and the usrcheat.dat in Extras folder with Widescreen enabled in TwiLight and in the cheats database. On the compatible games list MKDS is there with a link to a Dropbox file “mkdswide.xdelta3” which I’ve downloaded but I’m not sure what this is or where to place it.
Nvm silly me I needed to patch it. I didn’t know how to do this but now I’ve learned xD

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v16.1.0: Going Retro: GameBoy Color

Check here on how to update TWiLight Menu++.

What's new?
  • Transform your Nintendo DS, DSi, or 3DS, into a GameBoy Color, with a new theme based on the GBC version of the GB Memory Multi Menu, complete with the original background, music, and sound effects!
  • You can now disable the patches done by Unlaunch, meaning the splash screen and sound are restored in the DSi Menu!
    The patches are disabled by default, and you must install Unlaunch again, for this to take effect.
  • The Manual now has a Spanish translation!
Bug fixes
  • (@Pk11 and me) YSMenu is now used as the flashcard game loader for DSTT and it's clones, if B4DS is turned off!
    This is done by clearing the exception handler address, so retail/commercial games will boot!
  • (@maorninja) New flashcard autoboot files have been added.
  • Removed lag in the DSi/3DS/HBL themes, if running on DS flashcards.
  • (@Pk11) Fixed some off-screen text characters crashing TWiLight Menu++.
  • Fixed DS mode switch not working.
    This fixes the bug where Pictochat and DS Download Play wouldn't boot.
Fixed on Aug 6, 2020, 1:17 AM MDT:
  • Fixed FAT init error for R4i-SDHC cards, if SCFG is enabled.
    This is done by skipping DLDI-patching for the already-patched TWLMenu++ booter, so that the boyakkey version of the DSTT DLDI driver is used, instead of the buggy original.
  • R4/GBC theme: Fixed missing Back text in flashcard per-game settings.
  • Fixed DSi splash being shown again on flashcards, after showing it on SD side.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the DSi/3DS/Saturn/HBL theme to not start, if a Memory Expansion Pak is inserted.
Fixed on Aug 6, 2020, 1:48 AM MDT:
  • Fixed a long-standing bug, where TWL clock speed and VRAM boost wouldn't work with flashcard kernels.
Credits
  • @maorninja for improved code
  • RetroGameFan for the research maor used from YSMenu's thread and for the `SCFW.SC` file and from all the new ones that exist
  • DeadSkullzJr, @Pk11, and uwabami for testing
  • @SNBeast for discovering and making Unlaunch patches

Last edited by RocketRobz,

markpeng0315

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hello @Robz8 I am a Chinese user which
3dsll was in ique system(神游3ds in chinese). twillight menu just black and show nothing on it. If i press start ,it turn to luma loading and continue to system menu. How could we deal with this problem? thanks

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello @Robz8 I am a Chinese user which
3dsll was in ique system(神游3ds in chinese). twillight menu just black and show nothing on it. If i press start ,it turn to luma loading and continue to system menu. How could we deal with this problem? thanks
Check the FAQs for the TWL troubleshooting guide.
If this does not fix your issue, you'll need a flashcard to run TWiLight Menu++.

GentleBen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a quick question about using ram disk images.

I've successfully managed to get ZXDS working with TWiLight Menu++ using a ram disk, but it's not fully functional because although the ram disk can be accessed and changed (save states etc) by ZXDS, any changes are lost when I exit ZXDS. Is there any way to make ram disk changes permanent by writing them to the underlying .img file?

Also, does anyone know what ZXDS is doing differently to other emulators such as PicoDrive and Lameboy, which don't require a ram disk to work?

Thanks.

Reactions: Tarmfot

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I've got a quick question about using ram disk images.

I've successfully managed to get ZXDS working with TWiLight Menu++ using a ram disk, but it's not fully functional because although the ram disk can be accessed and changed (save states etc) by ZXDS, any changes are lost when I exit ZXDS. Is there any way to make ram disk changes permanent by writing them to the underlying .img file?
Nope. RAM disks are used, because the homebrew cannot access the SD card, meaning the .img file cannot be written.
Also, does anyone know what ZXDS is doing differently to other emulators such as PicoDrive and Lameboy, which don't require a ram disk to work?

Thanks.
I suppose it's old homebrew that was made before the DSi was around.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem. When I turn on the DSi Turn on in console settings and not TWL M ++. How can I solve that?
If I'm understanding correctly, this means you have Unlaunch set to start Settings instead of something else.
Hold A while starting the system, go to OPTIONS, go to NO BUTTON, select your preferred startup app (TWLMENUPP in this case), then SAVE & EXIT.

Richzen21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
[QUOTE = "banjo2, post: 9160278, member: 392154"] Si lo entiendo correctamente, esto significa que tiene Deshacer configurar para iniciar Configuración en lugar de otra cosa.
Mantenga presionado A mientras inicia el sistema, vaya a OPCIONES , vaya a NO BOTÓN , seleccione su aplicación de inicio preferida ( TWLMENUPP en este caso), luego GUARDE Y SALGA . [/ QUOTE]
Thanks it worked

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
v16.1.0: Going Retro: GameBoy Color

Check here on how to update TWiLight Menu++.

What's new?
  • Transform your Nintendo DS, DSi, or 3DS, into a GameBoy Color, with a new theme based on the GBC version of the GB Memory Multi Menu, complete with the original background, music, and sound effects!
  • You can now disable the patches done by Unlaunch, meaning the splash screen and sound are restored in the DSi Menu!
    The patches are disabled by default, and you must install Unlaunch again, for this to take effect.
  • The Manual now has a Spanish translation!
Bug fixes
  • (@Pk11 and me) YSMenu is now used as the flashcard game loader for DSTT and it's clones, if B4DS is turned off!
    This is done by clearing the exception handler address, so retail/commercial games will boot!
  • (@maorninja) New flashcard autoboot files have been added.
  • Removed lag in the DSi/3DS/HBL themes, if running on DS flashcards.
  • (@Pk11) Fixed some off-screen text characters crashing TWiLight Menu++.
  • Fixed DS mode switch not working.
    This fixes the bug where Pictochat and DS Download Play wouldn't boot.
Fixed on Aug 6, 2020, 1:17 AM MDT:
  • Fixed FAT init error for R4i-SDHC cards, if SCFG is enabled.
    This is done by skipping DLDI-patching for the already-patched TWLMenu++ booter, so that the boyakkey version of the DSTT DLDI driver is used, instead of the buggy original.
  • R4/GBC theme: Fixed missing Back text in flashcard per-game settings.
  • Fixed DSi splash being shown again on flashcards, after showing it on SD side.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the DSi/3DS/Saturn/HBL theme to not start, if a Memory Expansion Pak is inserted.
Fixed on Aug 6, 2020, 1:48 AM MDT:
  • Fixed a long-standing bug, where TWL clock speed and VRAM boost wouldn't work with flashcard kernels.
Credits
  • @maorninja for improved code
  • RetroGameFan for the research maor used from YSMenu's thread and for the `SCFW.SC` file and from all the new ones that exist
  • DeadSkullzJr, @Pk11, and uwabami for testing
  • @SNBeast for discovering and making Unlaunch patches
Thank you,another really awesome and great Update Release !
daumen.gif

Thank you very much for different Release Packages,it makes the Installation now more Easier and helps really a lot.
(For me personal,updating 3 different Types of TWiLight.)
Thank you very much.daumen.gif

The Menu Sound "Issue" on the Flashcard(s) (DSi Theme/DSi Shop Music) seems fixed,great Job.daumen.gif
(Did someone do this or "coincidence"....vain.gif )

Thank you,TWiLight Team for another great and awesome Update.daumen.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: