1. Plasmaster09

Plasmaster09 Social Justice Potato

United States
    I've been trying to get Download Play working and finally got the .cia but I know next to nothing about hex editing. I followed the instructions as best I could (and from what I could tell, I followed them correctly) but as with quite a lot, it white screened when I tried to launch it in twlmenu. It didn't just take a while to load, it FROZE. In fact, it wouldn't even soft reset, boot back to Unlaunch or even GO INTO SLEEP MODE until I turned it off! What do I do?

2. Draxikor

Draxikor GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    Look there isnt any option that says "run in" https://imgur.com/gallery/TxmvKUK

3. jonothan.stevens

Newcomer

United States
    The thought just hit me today when I saw someone had done something similar for the Vita...would it be possible or worthwhile to think about putting a bounty on compatibility for newer wifi standards? It would be pretty awesome if we could fund getting Twilight Menu some kind of workaround for providing wifi to the older DS titles that no longer have online support.

Tarmfot and banjo2 like this.
  4. Plasmaster09

United States
    That would be cool. You know what would also be cool? If someone modified Download Play or made a tool that makes Download Play run in DSi mode (or, for a 3ds, run in 3ds mode even for DS games) so that you would be able to transmit a lot more data thru Download Play (think the Haxxstation exploit/patcher) if not FULL GAMES!

Tarmfot likes this.
  5. banjo2

banjo2 little man

United States
    I think I remember seeing a tool/homebrew that could send executables from a PC to a DS on the network, maybe it'd be easier if that was revamped and maybe even put the PC end of it onto systems? I'm not sure how it works or even still exists. OT, though.
    As nice as it'd be, it's more of an inconvenience, most people can setup a guest network, make a PC hotspot, or buy an old WiFi router. However, I hope it happens sooner or later.

6. Plasmaster09

United States
    I have a feeling the best way to do it is for someone (not me, I'm a noob) to modify the ds download play rom so that it runs in dsi mode, or the 3ds download play rom so that it runs in 3ds mode for everything or at least uses all the ram.
    Imagine sending 127 MB DS games in download play!

Tarmfot likes this.
  7. Robz8

OP Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    Unfortunately, idk how to fix this. :(

Maybe ask the translator to fix it for nds-bootstrap?

AngelBeatsl and banjo2 like this.
  8. Fernitayourboi

Newcomer

United States
    How do I fix the twilight menu its says "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/main.srldr not found

9. Robz8

OP Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    Make sure "main.srldr" is in "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/".

Fernitayourboi likes this.
  10. AngelBeatsl

AngelBeatsl Member
    Newcomer

China
    Bro,thanks for your help . Here is the ap-patched of NINOKUNI Chinese translation rom. By the way , where should I go to submit the ap patch?

Attached Files:

alexander1970 and Robz8 like this.
  11. Robz8

OP Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    As a PR at the GitHub repo.
    I already added it though.

alexander1970 and AngelBeatsl like this.
  12. AngelBeatsl

AngelBeatsl Member
    Newcomer

China
    Hi ,Bro ,@Robz8 ,I was pleasantly surprised to find that the rom I unpacked, replaced the translation resources and repacked can be played. so , here is the ap patch files. :) CCBB1593810AC1F3E992AA773BEA05B0.jpg

Attached Files:

• apfix.7z
      File size:
      338 bytes
      Views:
    Last edited by AngelBeatsl, Feb 28, 2020
    Tarmfot and Robz8 like this.
  13. jonothan.stevens

Newcomer

United States
    Ran into a problem last night that I hadn't seen before. I tried to run the fan-translation-patched version of Summon Night X Tears Crown, and it warned me about anti-piracy and to make sure I was running the latest version of Twilight. I am running the latest version, so I went ahead, and the game booted fine, but would never let me past the main menu. It would let me hit A to try to start the game, then it was like it would just loop me back around to the same place. Anyone else seen this?

14. Plasmaster09

United States
    Try to see if you can find the AP patch and a version of the translation patch made for the AP patched version, like I had to do for Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary.

15. alternativend

alternativend Advanced Member
    Newcomer

when on unlaunch (v 2.0) there's no
    TWILIGHT MENU ++
    option to choose, i'm following this tutorial.
    I'm tired of trying, nothing works.

16. LiDavis386

LiDavis386 Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    I have a problem with Twilight Menu++. When I try to load some games, it displays a white screen. The games are "Shin-Chan: Aventuras de Cine" and "Shin-Chan: Flipa en Colores", both of which are spanish released games.

I'm a bit new to this and don't know what to do. Can somebody help me?

Last edited by LiDavis386, Feb 28, 2020
  17. Plasmaster09

United States
    that moment when you accidentally double post the same thing twice in different wording
    but yeah I’m having the same problem but weirdly enough with New Super Mario Bros of all things and idk what to do

18. alternativend

alternativend Advanced Member
    Newcomer

ok i somehow manage to boot into twilight but in a unusual way: going to dsi camera and instead of the homebrew it opens the twilight...

how to make twilight the default boot? my unlaunch doesn't show it in the options list.
    however it doesnt boot any games, all i get is a bootstrap screen and then a white screen.

Last edited by alternativend, Feb 28, 2020
  19. jonothan.stevens

Newcomer

United States
  20. Megadriver94

Megadriver94 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hello there. I tried time and again the "Hold select at the splash screen" method for the loop on my R4 GOLD Pro to end, but to no avail. Now what? Should I reformat?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - replacement, TWiLight, [DS(i)