Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

BowFreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello
I can't seem to find the Widescreen option in Games and Apps Settings, I'm using the latest version (v11.0) and followed the 3DS/2DS: Playing in Widescreen.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like i locked my TM++. I've added a new rom, deleted a previous one and everytime the menu loads where i can chose titles it just soft resets the app, over and over again.
I've deleted the app, updater (which didn't want to work), re-installed the app, updater, updated to newest version and it still doesn't work. Anyone know what's wrong?
Turn off "Update recently played list".
Hello
I can't seem to find the Widescreen option in Games and Apps Settings, I'm using the latest version (v11.0) and followed the 3DS/2DS: Playing in Widescreen.
What console did you select, when first starting TWLMenu++?
If it's the correct 3DS console, the option is called "Screen Aspect Ratio".

Reactions: Alexander1970

Devillain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8
I've noticed people wanting a fix for the new Artemis translation of Mugen no Frontier Exceed Super Robot Taisen OG Saga on TwiLightMenu, so here it is :). As always, extract and copy to SD:\_nds\TwiLightMenu\apfix

Also, C2AJ-7036.ips needs to be removed from TwiLightMenu apfix folder as Layton Kyouju to Akuma no Hako - Friendly Ban (Japan) doesn't have AP. The game will boot properly once the .ips is removed.

Hey I downloaded your attached file and put it in the folder with all the other .ips files but it still freezes. What's going on?

Devillain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The translation patch might've been updated.

Are you sure? The patcher is still version 1.0. I will try to patch the rom and play again though.
Or do you mean that it's been update so that it's no longer AP-Patchable?

Edit: Just tried a newer patch and it works fine!

Last edited by Devillain,

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an option for the Ace3DS Plus to support the use of lastsave.ini anywhere in the settings? The card runs wood firmware and creates a lastsave.ini in its _rpg folder, but I can't seem to find an option to autoboot a rom.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an option for the Ace3DS Plus to support the use of lastsave.ini anywhere in the settings? The card runs wood firmware and creates a lastsave.ini in its _rpg folder, but I can't seem to find an option to autoboot a rom.
If there's no option for it, then it can't.
You have to use B4DS for that card.

JSherman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The microSD card in some flashcards can be accessed without actually having to launch the flashcards.
This can only be done with R4 Ultra and Acekard 2(i).

I see. so unless Twilight Menu can access the SD card without launching the flashcard, loading up NDSiWare roms won't run (I've been getting the message this file can't be loaded in DS Mode).

However from what I understood you telling @NANASHI89 there are plans in the future for NDSiWare roms to eventually load through flashcards like R4i?

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I have a question work the conection of games with the wii like example Pokemon Diammond with Pokemon Battle Revolution?
In the future, yes.
Isn't this basically the same as FF Crystal Chronicles EoT DS to Wii? I know from personal experience that for that game it works flawlessly, since I've just finished it this way. I guess Pokemon might access different stuff than FF CC EoT.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. so unless Twilight Menu can access the SD card without launching the flashcard, loading up NDSiWare roms won't run (I've been getting the message this file can't be loaded in DS Mode).

However from what I understood you telling @NANASHI89 there are plans in the future for NDSiWare roms to eventually load through flashcards like R4i?
Yes.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello there, I used the software and all of the box arts are all glitchy and are there any ways to get icons for SNES and other emulator games - the ones on the bottom screen - instead of just the console? Any fixes or is it just a problem for me?

Do you have the latest version of TWL++? Otherwise the sizes will not work, the boxart software is made for the latest version only.

yanz81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I use R4i SDHC flash card on my N3DS.

In order to save space for my internal microSD card, I put all my NDS roms on flashcard that plugged in slot-1.

Here are several issues that I encountered when I launched Twilight Menu:

1. Screen stretch(widescreen) doesn't work on when running in Flashcard mode
  2. ARM9 CPU Speed function can't select when running in Flashcard mode
  3. GBArunner can't find BIOS file(I put the bios file under root folder and another one under /gba , none was working)
  4. When running Twilight Menu from R4i and launching NDS games, bottom screen was black. When pressing start button, both screens went black. Tested with Metal Slug.
  5. I have some NDS roms with Chinese file names, TWM doesn't display those files properly.
I hope these feedback may help. Thanks for your hard work, really appreciate it!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use R4i SDHC flash card on my N3DS.

In order to save space for my internal microSD card, I put all my NDS roms on flashcard that plugged in slot-1.

Here are several issues that I encountered when I launched Twilight Menu:

1. Screen stretch(widescreen) doesn't work on when running in Flashcard mode
  2. ARM9 CPU Speed function can't select when running in Flashcard mode
  3. GBArunner can't find BIOS file(I put the bios file under root folder and another one under /gba , none was working)
  4. When running Twilight Menu from R4i and launching NDS games, bottom screen was black. When pressing start button, both screens went black. Tested with Metal Slug.
  5. I have some NDS roms with Chinese file names, TWM doesn't display those files properly.
I hope these feedback may help. Thanks for your hard work, really appreciate it!
  1. That's normal.
  2. Turn on SCFG unlock for Slot-1, in TWLMenu++ on the console's SD card side.
  3. How so?
  4. The games are booted via B4DS, and not all games work with B4DS.

yanz81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
  1. That's normal.
  2. Turn on SCFG unlock for Slot-1, in TWLMenu++ on the console's SD card side.
  3. How so?
  4. The games are booted via B4DS, and not all games work with B4DS.
Thanks for the quick reply!

I have tested 5 games and all of them froze on white screen(after nds-bootstrap screen) or black screen(after game title).
For those Chinese file names, any file starts with English alphabet can be shown in the list, although the Chinese characters can't be shown. And any file starts with Chinese characters can't be found in the list.
And for the gba bios file, I put 3 under root, /gba and /_gba relatively in slot-1 TF card, but still the gbarunner can't find the bios file.

Last edited by yanz81,

yanz81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do you know that though?
Does it say if a BIOS isn't found? Is it named "bios.bin"?
it shows: BINF: bios.bin not found. Add GBA BIOS to enable GB ARunner2. Really don't know where should I put the bios.bin file when using Flashcard mode.
Plus: Just tested Valkyrie Profile, works fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum