Developer

United States
    Yes.

zxr750j likes this.
  3. Alxandr13

Alxandr13 Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I already use TWLmenu++ with my 3DS just for NDS games, but was dusting my DSi to put it to work on it too (and with some retro games).

Everything is fine, but i'm wondering if theres any way to show covers on GBC, SNES, and other roms showed direct in the menu of TWL?

The only thing i could get was a messy picture with fuzzy collors, even when just renamed an already OK NDS cover to "gamename.gbc.png", then i guess it isn't my image issue. Any thoughts about what is happening?

This thing (if is working) have some different size for pictures/covers of non-DS stuff? (it isn't explained in the steps of the first post)

4. Alxandr13
    This message by Alxandr13 has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Nov 4, 2019, Reason: Dupe.
    Oct 29, 2019
  5. Alxandr13
    This message by Alxandr13 has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Nov 4, 2019, Reason: Dupe.
    Oct 29, 2019
  6. Zense

Zense GBARunner2 config: Touch the touchscreen + press R

Italy
    Interesting. I've always thought the European games had MORE censoring, but I might just be confused by older games like Castlevania Bloodlines etc. Guess I'm not really up to date on censoring for more recent systems.

7. kaedeyuuki

kaedeyuuki Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    Hello! So this may have been answered somewhere and I just haven't been able to find it (I'm new to GBATemp and still learning how to navigate the site), but can anyone tell me if this can play DSi exclusive games (ROMs) at the moment?

(Please be easy on me, English isn't my first language)

8. Demetris

Demetris Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Cyprus
    In ds mode though but sure it can.

Στάλθηκε από το POCOPHONE F1 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

9. Robz8

OP Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    She said "DSi exclusive" not "DSi enhanced". The exclusives don't work yet.

alexander1970, banjo2 and Alxandr13 like this.
  10. KirovAir

KirovAir Dutch Alcoholic Programmer

Netherlands
    The NDS boxart needs to be in a specific size. (115x115)
    I made a program to automatically download the gameboy boxart in the correct format. :)
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-twilightboxart-nds-gb-a-snes-nes-gg-boxart-downloader.548400/

Otherwise simply manually rename it to filename.png with the correct size.

Last edited by KirovAir, Oct 30, 2019
    alexander1970 and Alxandr13 like this.
  11. Alxandr13

Alxandr13 Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I'm talking just by personal experience, but if by "DSi exclusives" you mean "DSi improved games", this improvements aren't SO noticeble and they'll run fine as common DS games (mostly) most of the time.

But if you're expecting DSiware (like "Zelda: 4 Swords Anniversary" that you only could get - officialy - through download from Nintendo e-shop in the past), then, like Robz8 say, still won't work (unless you're using a real DSi ). If you have a 2DS/3DS you can try to find some DSiwares in .CIA format and install them with FBI or other CFW app you're more used to.

Hope i could help and sorry if i wasn't much clear (my english isn't so good too)

This info should be in the steps of the fisrt post since NDS covers has a bit different resolution size.

Anyway... thanks for the tip, it's all fine now. I already was using the same file name on both rom and picture, only needed to resize the image to fit the 115x115 size and GB/GBC covers start to show right.

alexander1970 likes this.
  12. Robz8

OP Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    Well, I was referring to the DSi-exclusive cart games, like Foto Showdown and System Flaw.

banjo2 and alexander1970 like this.
  13. moremandanman

moremandanman Member
    Newcomer

United States
    some of them can be downloaded as DSIWare and can be played that way right?

14. Robz8

OP Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    Plants vs Zombies (for OG DS), and System Flaw (Recruit) can be downloaded as DSiWare.
    idk of any others.

15. kaedeyuuki

kaedeyuuki Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    Thank you for the response! Hopefully it works/get supported in the near future. I want a way to play the DSi exclusives xD (still curses to the courier/delivery guy who made off with my purchases - a DSi, Pokemon White 2, and a bunch of DSi exclusive games - which are still all in their respective cases/boxes)

banjo2, Robz8, Zense and 1 other person like this.
  16. Nicota

Nicota Member
    Newcomer

Luxembourg
    Whats the difference on the twilight menu updater if you press the nightly button and not the release button. is it gonna change anything?

17. zsotroav

zsotroav Newbie
    Newcomer

Hungary
    Pokemon HeartGold on my old 3Ds just stopped working. It can't boot. (every other game that I've tested worked) I have updated the launcher and ndsbootstrap (also system and Luma).
    Also... The TWiLight Menu++ updater (both 3dsx and cia/installed versions) would just crash during the startup process. (I've attached the dump)

Attached Files:

18. Robz8

OP Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    Are cheats enabled?

19. ProtoReignz

ProtoReignz Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hello there, I used the software and all of the box arts are all glitchy and are there any ways to get icons for SNES and other emulator games - the ones on the bottom screen - instead of just the console? Any fixes or is it just a problem for me?

Last edited by ProtoReignz, Nov 2, 2019
  20. Arhur_Genesis

Arhur_Genesis Newbie
    Newcomer

Uzbekistan
    Hello! I have the usual Nintendo Ds Lite, using the R4 dual core flash card from China I installed the twilight menu ++ there, everything is fine, but some games show a white screen or black after launch, these games:
    Giana sister DS - black screen top, bottom white screen after startup
    Mega man zero collection - after the nintendo logo, a black screen (the logo also appears in the menu that you need the AP patch)
    Megaman zx advent - white screen after launch,
    All games work directly through the R4 flashcart,
    After disabling twilight menu ++ "use nds-bootstrap (b4ds)" in the settings and starting any game, an error appears:
    [​IMG]
    Please help me launch the game or switch the launch to r4, I really like the twilight menu
    sorry for my English

21. zsotroav

zsotroav Newbie
    Newcomer

Hungary
    No

22. Robz8

OP Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    You need to use B4DS on that cart.

23. Important Posts: Updates
    Robz8

OP Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    v11.0.0: CycloDS iEvolution support!

Check here on how to update TWiLight Menu++.

Includes nds-bootstrap v0.27.0.

What's new?
    • Support for CycloDS iEvolution in DSi mode has been added, and is confirmed working this time!
      NOTE: This does not mean that you can access the microSD contents straight from TWLMenu++ on the SD card.
    • Now checks if the DSi binaries exist in a DSi-Enhanced ROM, when launching it in DSi mode.
      If they're not found, a message will show, saying to run it in DS mode.
    • Acekard theme: The `Cannot run this on 3DS`. message has been removed, when launching DSiWare.
    • 2nd Anniversary is over!
    • You can now touch the screen to skip the TWLMenu++ splash, when it plays.
    Bug fixes
    • Heap shrink is no longer shown for SDK5/TWLSDK games, as the option is not read for those games.
      (It is still shown for B4DS users, and the Acekard theme.)
    • Other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
    Known bug
    • On CycloDS iEvolution in DSi mode, it will sometimes crash after the DSi or TWLMenu++ splash, or just white screens, if both are disabled.

Last edited by Robz8, Nov 2, 2019
    Tarmfot, Zense, 77Urmel77 and 10 others like this.
  24. ombus

ombus GBAtemp Fan

United States
    How i wish if ghost trick was widescreen compatible and if golden sun worked :) still great work !

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - replacement, TWiLight, [DS(i)