[DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Robz8, May 28, 2017.

1. HaloBenish

HaloBenish GBAtemp Fan

Feb 1, 2008
    Canada
    Windows as FAT32, but I fixed everything by switching from a 32GB mircosd to a 64GB microsd. Thank god I have like 500 decent sd cards lying around lol

Robz8 likes this.
  2. Salamencizer

Salamencizer Cute Hot Whatever

Oct 3, 2015
    India
    In your heart
    I'm getting this error when I launch the TwiLight Menu app: IMG20191013173641.jpg

I installed it using the updater. I have tried deleting the BOOT.NDS and __nds folder from root and reinstalling, but no luck. Halp?

3. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    cvskid likes this.
  4. colddy

colddy Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2019
    Brazil
    How does the Slot-1 microSD access work? I thought it could let me access the games on the Flashcard microSD from the TwilightMenu++ on the 3DS, am I wrong?

5. banjo2

banjo2 little man

May 31, 2016
    United States
    gamer armchair
    I noticed that homebrew apps don't seem to have an option anymore. Why is that? And, what "settings" do they all run with now?

Tarmfot and alexander1970 like this.
  6. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    You're not wrong, though it's only compatible with R4 Ultra and Acekard 2(i).
    Older homebrew still has settings.
    The newer homebrew runs with direct boot and DSi mode. The options will be shown in the next version.

Tarmfot, alexander1970 and banjo2 like this.
  7. retrogamefan

retrogamefan ***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***

pip Developer
    Oct 8, 2009
    Antarctica
    @Robz8
    I've noticed people wanting a fix for the new Artemis translation of Mugen no Frontier Exceed Super Robot Taisen OG Saga on TwiLightMenu, so here it is :). As always, extract and copy to SD:\_nds\TwiLightMenu\apfix

Also, C2AJ-7036.ips needs to be removed from TwiLightMenu apfix folder as Layton Kyouju to Akuma no Hako - Friendly Ban (Japan) doesn't have AP. The game will boot properly once the .ips is removed.

Attached Files:

Last edited by retrogamefan, Oct 14, 2019
  8. Important Posts Updates
    Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    v10.2.0

Check here on how to update TWiLight Menu++.

Additional instructions
    • Delete `C2AJ-7036.ips` at `sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/apfix/`.
    Includes nds-bootstrap v0.26.0.

What's new?
    • @retrogamefan: Added AP-patch for Artemis translation of Mugen no Frontier Exceed: Super Robot Taisen OG Saga.
    • DS Phat: Color correction is now applied to accommodate DS Phat screens!
      Applies to TWLMenu++ splash, Quick Menu, and DSi theme.
      (May not work on the DS Phat models with 4 brightness levels, even if you can't set them in the console menu (at least without FlashMe).)
    • (@Pk11) DSi/3DS theme: Fading is now faster.
    • (@Pk11) DSi theme: Icons now only drop in once.
    • Per request from @Pk11, per-game settings are now shown for newer homebrew, with the defaults being direct boot and DSi mode.
      (May not work in Acekard theme.)
    Bug fixes
    • Sleep patch is now forced for DSTT and it's clones, if used on DSi/3DS consoles.
    • Quick Menu: Pictochat and Download Play now boot on flashcards.
    • DSi/Saturn theme: (Hopefully) Fixed Manual icon being overwritten.
    • (@Pk11) DSi/3DS/Saturn theme: Fixed cheat description crash.
    • (@chyyran) akmenu: Fixed corrupt icon when setting unknown banner.

9. Intervención

Intervención Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2016
    Barcelona
    Hi, are there any applications to generate IPS files?

10. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Yes. There's LunarIPS.

alexander1970 and Intervención like this.
  11. Otis_McWonderful

Otis_McWonderful Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2019
    United States
    I have widescreen working as intended for the few games I've tested, except for one. I have a randomized SoulSilver, and it doesn't run in widescreen like the unmodified version. How can I force it?

12. banjo2

banjo2 little man

May 31, 2016
    United States
    gamer armchair
    Maybe I'm asking for too much here, but, if feasible, do you think you could add an "Update Only" download? With so many files included nowadays (widescreen and AP patches), it takes a very long time to copy and paste everything over, and I don't know what is and isn't new.

The download I'm suggesting would only include new/updated content, intended for users going from one version to the next.

Again, maybe I'm asking for too much, or I'm one of the few experiencing it. If this would be too time-consuming (or there's a better solution), that's fine, I'd hate to take time away from actual development and your free time just for a shorter wait time.

Thank you! Have a nice day :)

alexander1970 likes this.
  13. 77Urmel77

77Urmel77 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2013
    Germany
    DS Dowload Play and Picto Chat seem not to be linked correctly to my quickmenue (DSi w. Unlaunch 2.0 internal SD card w. TWLM++ 10.2). I'd like to know, where do these apps need to be placed on the SD card? Please help me with this.
    Another thing, I noticed one of the latest gbarunner2-updates make my bottomscreen show many white pixels on black ground while the gbagame boots up. Is this supposed to be like that?

I went through a few backups and found this. I guess this ought to be working.
    SDCARD Drive Letter:\title\00030005\484e4441\content\00000001.app (DS-Download-Game.nds 423kb)
    SDCARD Drive Letter:\title\00030005\484e4541\content\00000000.app (PictoChat.nds 468kb)

I have another link that is not working for me: In "TWLMenu++ Settings\Page5\Systemsettings" when i press this button I'm sent to unlaunch.dsi

Last edited by 77Urmel77, Oct 15, 2019
  14. Salamencizer

Salamencizer Cute Hot Whatever

Oct 3, 2015
    India
    In your heart
  15. retrogamefan

retrogamefan ***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***

pip Developer
    Oct 8, 2009
    Antarctica
    If you want to keep your emunand and sysnand separate, then you need to install TwiLightMenu to both sysnand and emunand, otherwise you'll always get "an error has occured" message

16. neven84

neven84 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2018
    Serbia, Republic of
    Quick question - I didn't update the app in a couple of months and now I see new versions have the auto AP patch feature. My question is will this affect my ROMs I already AP patched myself, will there be any conflicts or corrupted save files, and thus is it safe to update the app? Thanks.

17. Intervención

Intervención Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2016
    Barcelona
    You'd need to unpatch them (aka use the clean rom) or delete the GameSerial from _nds/TWiLightMenu/apfix

neven84 likes this.
  18. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBAtemp allows me to be here

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Hello fellow TWiLight Team.:)

I do not know if the RED marked Things in the Quote causes my "issue".

What have you done to my "slow reacting" Menu and randomly hanging in "Now Loading/Saving" Screens.:mellow:

This is awesome,how fast the DSi Theme now works.Incredible Job,my friends from the TWiLight Team.:yay::bow:
    I did not think that would be faster again.The Loading Screens are as good as no longer visible when you change between Folders (and some of them are really "full".....:D)

Outstanding work.Bravo !!! :yay:

Thank you that you can still surprise us.:)

Ars92, Zense, Robz8 and 2 others like this.
  19. BiggusWeeabus

BiggusWeeabus Member

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2019
    Brazil
    Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town
    Hey there, idk if i'm asking in the right place but i'm having problems with the widescreen patch.
    It was working perfectly fine since i installed it, but then suddenly it simply started not to work.
    There doesn't seem to be corrupted or missing files in the "widecreen" folder

20. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Is "Widescreen.cxi" still in "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/TwlBg/", and there's no "TwlBg.cxi" file at "sd:/luma/sysmodules/"?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted