[DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Robz8, May 28, 2017.

1. evertonstz

evertonstz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2019
    Brazil
    Yeah, I updated just a couple days ago: Twilight++ is on 0.9.4.1 and nds-bootstrap is on 0.24.1
    But I found what was causind the problem and it's because I was being dumb and didn't fully described my situation: you see like I said I don't use slot-1 cards, I play everything from SD, but since I have and old 3ds and I don't like the opening I 3d printed a ds card so I can just pop there to fill the slot-1 gap, even tho this card I printed is just a plastic block with no internal circuit whatsoever it was somehow messing with the sleep mode when that option was activated. If I pop out the plastic card the sleep mode behave as expected.

2. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Ah, a plastic card. That definitely breaks sleep mode.
    Welp, the "Force sleep patch" option can fix that.

3. evertonstz

evertonstz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2019
    Brazil
    Nice, thank you for your time Robz8, as always you're a gentleman and a scholar.

Red771, Elwyndas, banjo2 and 2 others like this.
  4. NoobCycle

NoobCycle Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2019
    Indonesia
    That's weird... I just updated the twilight menu++ to v.9.5.2 with latest nds-bootstrap and still have the same issue

5. Juancarlo577

Juancarlo577 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2017
    United States
    hmm how much freespace does your sdcard has left i have about 800mb free and it boots but when i got about 156mb or less it wont boot for some reason @NoobCycle

6. Intervención

Intervención Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2016
    Barcelona
    Is it possible to disable AP patching? I'm playing Pokémon black 2 after updating and I'm not getting any exp. Was working fine before.

7. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    That happens when it's not AP-patched.
    Did you delete the "apfix" folder? If so, please re-add it.
    If it's still there, or if you did re-add it, make sure the ROM is still the same as when you first put it on the SD card.

alexander1970 likes this.
  8. gRuNt

gRuNt Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2004
    Sorry if it was asked before but this topic is huge and search didn't help me.

If I use NDSTokyoTrim program to trimm my DS Roms will they still work fine in Twilight Menu ?

And if they work do they work with the Widescreen hack ?

Thank you.

9. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Yes and yes.

cvskid and gRuNt like this.
  10. Demetris

Demetris Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2019
    Cyprus
    Then please add it to the bug list :)

Στάλθηκε από το POCOPHONE F1 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

11. gRuNt

gRuNt Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2004
    alexander1970 likes this.
  12. NoobCycle

NoobCycle Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2019
    Indonesia
    I still have around 800MB free space

13. Juancarlo577

Juancarlo577 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2017
    United States
    did you check if your sdcard has errors?

14. Juancarlo577

Juancarlo577 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2017
    United States
    Last edited by Juancarlo577, Oct 2, 2019
  15. 77Urmel77

77Urmel77 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2013
    Germany
    I tested it by simply following the guide to install TWiLight Menu++ to a flashcard on page one of this thread as good as I could. But with no success. The M3 DSReal stopped and displayed a message that systemfiles are missing while I attempted to boot it up.

Last edited by 77Urmel77, Oct 2, 2019
  16. goonjamin

goonjamin Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2008
    United States
    I started the world ends with you last night and it hard crashed just after the 1st tutorial battle. I saw a closed issue on the nds boot strap issue tracker about this possibly being read speed related so I launched it another time holding L and no crashes so far. Is this game already on the speed bump include list and I just got luckier the 2nd time and holding L did nothing? If not so far it seems to be a good candidate to add for future version .

17. NotReallySteve

NotReallySteve Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Trimmed ROMs seem to work fine. I've tried some I had trimmed from years ago and they weren't a problem.

I've not a clue about the wide-screen hack, as it seems utterly pointless to me. Does it just stretch the aspect ratio? Why would you even want that.

18. Dartz150

Dartz150 Hat Gurl Official Fan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    Under your bed
    Google "Anamorphic Widescreen", that's what this mode does in fact, the FOV is increased internally in the game, then it gets squized at the DS resolution, then the scale matrix stretches the image, resulting in a not-stretched view of 3D graphics. Is complicat to explain...

TLDR: The aspect ratio is not just stretched, it is enhanced.

Tarmfot, alexander1970 and Robz8 like this.
  19. andreiarturo

andreiarturo Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2011
    Mexico
    hi everyone,
    I don't know if it happens to someone else, but when I use twilightmenu in a dsi, when changing the game's save file, in the game pokemon negro 2 , it doesn't really do it and always stays in the same save number when I use the menu acekard, or change all the configuration options, besides I can only start the game in the acekard theme and not when changing to the dsi or 3ds theme. Also, in a 3ds I can not use the r4 theme because it does not boot it, but it does not bother me anyway..... thank you for this great software along nds bootstrap and gbarunner2!!!!!!

alexander1970 and banjo2 like this.
  20. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Outside of the Acekard theme, make sure the game is set to run in DS mode.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted