[DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Robz8, May 28, 2017.

1. banjo2

banjo2 little man

May 31, 2016
    United States
    gamer armchair
    The 3DS of a friend.

2. Juancarlo577

Juancarlo577 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2017
    United States
    well i looked through your posts history none said anything about dsi just 3ds its what ive read so im sorry if im wrong here x.x

3. Juancarlo577

Juancarlo577 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2017
    United States
    well there is a guide here https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-hiyacfw-worlds-first-nintendo-dsi-cfw.502631/ just look for full guide link in the first post for the hiya cfw info "edit: well i didnt see any upgrade info or how to do a reinstall? just about how to install in the guide. only thing to do is wait for the devs to help if they got some ideas also explain what system you are using to better explain to how to help

Last edited by Juancarlo577, Sep 18, 2019
  4. doha057

doha057 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2017
    Bangladesh
    Hi guys, I just applied ARM9 CPU speed to 133mhz TWL and Enabled VRAM boost and Pokemon Platinum is running really fast, this actually made me tremendously happy since all the Shinoh Pokemon games have poor pacing. I tested it with Pokemon White and Soul Silver but it didn't change anything like that. My question is, is it possible to apply this to every games? It would really make most RPGs and JRPGs to be more enjoyable. I am sorry if it has already been discussed.

5. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    TWL speed and/or VRAM boost did not make it run really fast.
    There's a speed fix applied to Platinum, and since I found out that it makes it run fast, it's unintentional.
    Also, it's not possible to apply this to every game.

Last edited by Robz8, Sep 18, 2019
    Tarmfot and doha057 like this.
  6. doha057

doha057 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2017
    Bangladesh
    Oh I see, so its only Platinum. But you don't understand, its a blessing :hrth: I wish it was available for all the Pokemon games :P

7. Dartz150

Dartz150 Hat Gurl Official Fan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    Under your bed
    It can be done to HG/SS as well, but the offsets are different. I'm currently researching those games to make a 60fps romhack without the speedup events, and is coming kinda nicely (I guess, I cannot find the timing for many stupid things, and believe me, there is a LOT to be patched). One posibility I was thinking is to make an optional patch that only has the faster speed events in the battles.

Last edited by Dartz150, Sep 18, 2019
  8. doha057

doha057 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2017
    Bangladesh
    So there is hope!! :grog: Thanks to you guys for all of your effort.

Dartz150, alexander1970 and Robz8 like this.
  9. doha057

doha057 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2017
    Bangladesh
    I just tried the rom hack Flawless Platinum, speed hack didn't apply on that, I guess only the vanilla version will work only.

10. Dartz150

Dartz150 Hat Gurl Official Fan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    Under your bed
    Yes, you need to make another patch compatible with the rom hack, as it might been modified at who-knows extent

doha057 likes this.
  11. doha057

doha057 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2017
    Bangladesh
    I don't care about rom hacks much, I am just happy the vanilla version works. Just wanted to notify you guys.

12. H123

H123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2019
    United States
    Hello, I followed the instructions to play the game in widescreen and am using the latest bootstrap and twilightmenu. I am trying to play super mario 64 ds in widescreen but it is only coming out as 4:3. I've redone the instructions a few times now but no change. I made sure I have my Widescreen.cxi in the TwlBg folder inside the _nds/TwilightMenu folder and I changed the setting to 16:10 in the settings. I also enabled Loading external FIRMs and modules in Luma. I am playing my games from the flashcart, R4i 3DS GOLD Plus. Anyone know what might be wrong?

13. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    You're playing the game from the flashcard. That's what's wrong.
    You need to run the game from the console's SD card for widescreen to work.

Tarmfot likes this.
  14. H123

H123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2019
    United States
    is there any difference in game quality when playing from SD vs flashcart? can I use DS forwarder when playing from SD?

15. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Nope.
    Yes.

16. robyspy

robyspy GBAtemp Regular

Sep 18, 2018
    Italy
    Hi Robz8, remaining in this speech, widescreen works with the forwarder?

17. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Nope.

robyspy likes this.
  18. retrogamefan

retrogamefan ***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***

Oct 8, 2009
    Antarctica
    @Robz8

Here are another 2 patches (I don't know why the ips are so large as my .xdelta are 42.0kb and 17.9kb for these 2 games!!!):
    Rabbids Go Home (Europe) (VRGV)
    Rabbids Go Home - A Comedy Adventure (USA) (VRGE)

Also, here is a link to my new patcher for the 6 games that need manual patching : RetroGameFan TwiLight Menu ++ AP Patcher v1.0

EDIT : I am also currently working on editing some TwiLight Menu source code (romsel_aktheme/arm9/source/windows/mainwnd.cpp) which I'll get you to look at when I am finished.

Attached Files:

Last edited by retrogamefan, Sep 19, 2019
    DarkDengar, Tarmfot, puerkobi and 2 others like this.
  19. seseiSeki

seseiSeki Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2016
    Germany
    Keeping the speed up in battles would be pretty nice. That's the main reason I'm replaying Soul Silver with the uncapped Framerate mod. Gen IV battles are way to slow ^^'

Attached Files:

Robz8 likes this.
  20. retrogamefan

retrogamefan ***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***

Oct 8, 2009
    Antarctica
    @Robz8

Here is my modified file for you to look at from TwiLight Menu
    I've added all patched games and removed the "B, T, V" function/rule as there is currently 2149 releases that follow that rule.
    Also added the "hasAP1" function/rule + message (I'm not sure how the message formatting will show in TwiLight Menu).
    If you're happy with the modificatons, can you please also update the other themes files in TwiLight Menu?

Here is my modified file for you to look at from nds-bootstrap
    I've added coding bug fixes for Catan (CN7P/CN7H), so the .ips can/should be deleted (since it isn't an actual AP patch).
    I have also removed Chrono Trigger (YQUE/YQUJ/YQUP) and attached .ips patches for them.
    I have also added a game (so can I test the fix please. If the game I want to test works, I'll add other regions).

Hope everything I've said makes sense.

Attached Files:

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted