1. Dartz150

Dartz150 Yet another Onii-chan

Mexico
    According to robz8, the next numbered release will include every patch released by rgf.

cvskid and alexander1970 like this.
  2. retrogamefan

retrogamefan ***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
    Developer

Antarctica
    They will all be included in the next version of TwiLight Menu++, otherwise here is the complete pack for now...
    Be aware that there is still 26 AP games that require AP patching via alternative methods at the moment : eg my alternative game patches that can't be patched with the rom tool

EDIT : ninja'd

Attached Files:

3. Robz8

OP Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    It will be included with TWiLight Menu++, and will be applied on-the-fly, when you launch it.

Zaiphon, cvskid and alexander1970 like this.
  4. Robz8

OP Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    v9.3.0

Check here on how to update TWiLight Menu++.

Includes nds-bootstrap v0.24.0.

What's new?
    • The majority of AP-patches are now included! List here.
      D-Pad-patched Zelda Spirit Tracks (USA/EUR, patch downloaded from GBATemp), now works without AP issues as well!
      RGF: Be aware that there is still 26 AP games that require AP patching via alternative methods at the moment.
    • Load speed for DSi boot screen is now faster, thanks to LZ77 compression. Load speed will be the same on flashcards.
    • 3DS theme: The icons on the rotating cubes have been replaced with game console icons.
    • (@Vague Rant) 15 more widescreen .bin files added.
    Bug fixes
    • Settings: GBARunner2 settings are now saved properly, so it will no longer read default settings.
      If you are using a GBARunner2 build with WiFi, please change the settings there, so the MAC addresses won't be cleared from the .ini file.
    • A 1MB save file is now created for Picross 3D.
      If the game does not work correctly, please delete the .sav file for it, so a proper .sav file will be made.
    • (@Vague Rant) Fixed widescreen hacks for Dementium & Dementium II.
    • (@chyyran) More Acekard theme fixes.

5. Dartz150

Mexico
    Ok so I made the correction suggested by @retrogamefan for the English translation of Nanashi no Geemu: Me AP patch, to ensure is fully playable (I hadn't any issues with the previous version so far).

@Robz8 Thank you so much for the update, if this doesn't bother you, what is the next goal on scope now that AP patching has been reached to a nearly perfect state?

Attached Files:

Last edited by Dartz150, Sep 3, 2019
  6. pbsk8

pbsk8 GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    when I play gbc games, it plays in a small screen centered on upper screen

is there a way to not have black bars up and down at least?

7. banjo2

banjo2 gamer

United States
    Press L or R in a game, then press either until you get to [Display]. From there, you can select scaling options, and which screen to use.

8. RedKnight

RedKnight Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello Robz8

I updated my DSi 1.4J HiyaCFW, genuine 32GB SanDisk SD Card, TWiLight Menu++ from v9.2.0 to v9.3.0 an hour ago. I use 3DS theme. But I got some game loading issues which never happened in old versions.

1. Keep loading SD card files.
    After I copied all update files to my SD card, insert it back to DSi, boot the console. Bottom screen shows "Now Loading" message. After waiting for 5 minutes, nothing changed, so I have to press power button and reboot the console. This time, it get passed "Now Loading" screen.
    00.JPG
    It happened few times during the testing process.

2. D-Pad-patched Zelda Spirit Tracks (USA) won't load with TWiLightMenu AP-patches
    01.JPG
    I want to test TWiLightMenu v9.3.0 new AP-patches function. So I load the game, nds bootstrap logo shows up on top screen, bottom screen shows some creat/save files messages, I waited 5 minutes nothing changed, so I followed on screen guide to close the lid waited few seconds then open the lid.

Bottom screen shows files has created successfully then turns white screen. Top screen shows nds bootstrap "an error has occurred" message in red.
    02.JPG

So I have to press power button and reboot the console.
    I tried to reload the game but it only shows nds bootstrap "an error has occurred" this time.

I tried to soft-reset but button combos don't work. So I press power button and reboot the console.
    I tried to load different games but all of them got same nds bootstrap "an error has occurred" message.

Then I deleted the "fatTable" and "patchOffsetCache" folders in "sd:/ _nds/nds-bootstrap".
    Tried every DS game, nothing works, still got same error message on nds bootstrap loading screen.

Then I deleted the "nds-bootstrap" folder in "sd:/_nds", re-copied v9.3.0 update files to SD card.
    Tried every DS game, nothing works, still got same error message on nds bootstrap loading screen.

After that, I replace all the DS games roms,
    But nothing works, still got same error message on nds bootstrap loading screen.

3. "Guru Meditation Error"
    I got this error screen once during the testing process. Not sure what happened,
    03.JPG

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards

Last edited by RedKnight, Sep 4, 2019
  9. Robz8

OP Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    Try this nds-bootstrap version.

10. RedKnight

RedKnight Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    [/QUOTE]
    Thank you for your reply!

I download nds-bootstrap v0.23.0 and replaced v0.24.0, but the issues still exist.

I deleted the "nds-bootstrap" folder in "sd:/_nds" before I run nds-bootstrap v0.23.0

There are issues:
    D-Pad-patched Zelda Spirit Tracks (USA) won't load with TWiLightMenu AP-patches
    Tested few clean roms which won't load with nds-bootstrap v0.23.0 (with/without TWiLightMenu AP-patches.)
    02.JPG
    After reboot console, bottom screen shows "Now Loading" message, background music disappear. It Keeps loading SD card files, console doesn't freeze and loading icon still moving.
    00.JPG

I remember there was a fatTable.bin file in "sd:/_nds/nds-bootstrap". But nds-bootstrap v0.23.0 doesn't create a new one. I have a New 3DS XL with TWiLightMenu installed. Should I copy a fatTable.bin from New 3DS XL to DSi?

Thank you!

11. Robz8

OP Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    No.
    Re-install the latest nds-bootstrap version, and check your SD card for errors.

12. RedKnight

RedKnight Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you for the reply!

I checked both "Automatically fix file system errors" and "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors". Re-install the latest nds-bootstrap version. But the issues still exist.

Should I format the SD card? How to make a good backup without corrupt files/data?

I have an 32GB micro SD card with adapter. Can I just copy all the files to the new card then use/test it?

Regards

alexander1970 likes this.
  13. Robz8

OP Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    Yes.

14. alexander1970

Austria
    Hello.:)

@Robz8

Should we still "avoid" the Acekard Theme ?

Thank you.:)

15. Robika

Robika GBAtemp Fan

Who that? Also where can I get all the AP patches?

16. igdegoo

igdegoo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    why do the bottom few pixels repeat in widescreen?

you get them when you update twilight menu

17. Dartz150

Mexico
    According to the comments in the Discord Server it should be OK now, but despite the latest commit fixing the theming issue, I still can't get outside the triforce theme.

Last edited by Dartz150, Sep 4, 2019
  18. elenarguez

elenarguez GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    Now M&L Bowser's Inside Story EU works for me yay :D

Last edited by elenarguez, Sep 4, 2019
  19. Remonsen

Remonsen Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm sorry for using this thread as tech support, but I have a question.

Some of my DS games don't scale as well to widescreen as others (They just look like they were stretched and the pixelation is a mess), is there a way to reliably go between the two screen modes? For some reason I couldn't even get widescreen to turn on until I rebooted my system about three times and booted up a different game, and it won't disable when I try to turn the option off now. I'm sure I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere, but I just don't know where. Any help is appreciated.

20. Robz8

OP Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    Delete "TwlBg.cxi" at "sd:/luma/sysmodules/".

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It's due to a race condition in TWL_FIRM. It also happens outside of widescreen.
    To fix it, press HOME, then press B.
    That commit isn't in the release yet.

Remonsen and cvskid like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - replacement, TWiLight, [DS(i)