Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

HK$

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Ougon no Taiyou - Shikkoku Naru Yoake (Japan) (BO5J)

This game doesn't seems to work. I have put the .ips file to sd:\_nds\TWiLightMenu\apfix. But when I loading the rom from twilightmenu, it just display a black screen.

igdegoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Which one is your console? if NDS(i), use DiagnoSe, if any of the 3DS line, use 3DS Indent. Those have button testing sections to check if your hardware is faulty.

ok i tried diagnose on my dsi and it doesnt detect l+r but it could still be an nds-bootstrap/twilight menu problem

Last edited by igdegoo,

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ok i tried diagnose on my dsi and it doesnt detect l+r but it could still be an nds-bootstrap/twilight menu problem

Could you please provide on which console are you testing? Soi you can check outside of TwiLightMenu++ and see if the problem still exists. Another good test would be to try a retail card directly loaded from the console, whatever the model is.

igdegoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could you please provide on which console are you testing?
its a european dsi (not xl) model number twl-001 if thats what you meant
Another good test would be to try a retail card directly loaded from the console, whatever the model is.
i tried new super mario and i cant seem to scroll the camera on the map with the l+r button so it probably is a hardware issue
how would i fix it tho

Last edited by igdegoo,

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
its a european dsi (not xl) model number twl-001 if thats what you meant

i tried new super mario and i cant seem to scroll the camera on the map with the l+r button so it probably is a hardware issue
how would i fix it tho

So this confirms that your issue is hardware related.
The first step you need is to open up your console (if you have skill, otherwise make someone to do it for you) and clean the shoulder buttons, as dust tends to make those faulty over a lot of time of use. If this does not work, then you need to replace the buttons, I think you can get these on ebay for cheap prices.

igdegoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So this confirms that your issue is hardware related.
The first step you need is to open up your console (if you have skill, otherwise make someone to do it for you) and clean the shoulder buttons, as dust tends to make those faulty over a lot of time of use. If this does not work, then you need to replace the buttons, I think you can get these on ebay for cheap prices.
i followed instructions from another website (mash them and blow into them) and it works!!!

now i can play as sans in mario kart

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm I just realized that the touchscreen of my new 3DS doesn't work for DS games starting them with Twilight Menu, is that a limitation or bug?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: retrogamefan

Robika

Trophies
XP
Country
When I start a game that has AP protection is says the might nor work but I have the latest version with the on the fly AP patches, is this normal?

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ougon no Taiyou - Shikkoku Naru Yoake (Japan) (BO5J)
This game doesn't seems to work. I have put the .ips file to sd:\_nds\TWiLightMenu\apfix. But when I loading the rom from twilightmenu, it just display a black screen.
All regions of Golden Sun Dark Dawn need to be fixed in nds-bootstrap before they will work.
When I start a game that has AP protection is says the might nor work but I have the latest version with the on the fly AP patches, is this normal?
On-the-fly AP patching only works if you have the corresponding .ips patch in sdcard:\_nds\Twilightmenu\apfix
Some games are currently mislabeled as having AP.
Which game is it?

Last edited by retrogamefan,
Reactions: Alexander1970

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
None of these are the issue.
Also, after it's moved to "luma/sysmodules", TWLMenu++ is supposed to move it back to the original folder, but isn't for some reason.
Delete the TWLMenu++ titles in the Title list in FBI, then install the CIAs again. It's possible the old titles aren't being overwritten.
OK... I redo all the work... from installing again the cia (Does it need to have both cia installed? 'cause I only want the menu) I even redownload the zip and take everyfile from there... and nothing, TwlBG stays on Luma folder and I can't get 16:10... I don't know if this has something to do but I have a 11.10U Hybrid Firmware for Gateway, and Luma 9.1 'cause last one didn't work for me (Black screen even waiting for 15 minutes long) don't know why it isn't working... I use emuNAND, and of course I installed it to sysNAND in order to work...

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK... I redo all the work... from installing again the cia (Does it need to have both cia installed? 'cause I only want the menu) I even redownload the zip and take everyfile from there... and nothing, TwlBG stays on Luma folder and I can't get 16:10... I don't know if this has something to do but I have a 11.10U Hybrid Firmware for Gateway, and Luma 9.1 'cause last one didn't work for me (Black screen even waiting for 15 minutes long) don't know why it isn't working... I use emuNAND, and of course I installed it to sysNAND in order to work...
Did you delete the TWLMenu++ titles in the title list?
If you did, then you somehow still used the old CIAs, otherwise, "TwlBg.cxi" would've moved back.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am able to get games to load up in widescreen when booted from the system's micro SD card, but if I boot up my flashcard (R4i Gold) from within Twilight++ and then launch the same game from the flash card's micro SD card, it is still in the standard 4:3 aspect ratio. Is there any way I can get my flashcard DS games to boot in Widescreen, or do they have to load from the SD card directly inside my 3DS?
They have to be loaded from the console's SD card.
also, am I correct in understanding that while Twilight++ can load DSiware from a micro SD card, that it can only do so on a DSi model and not on any of the 3DS models? Cuz I have .nds format DSiware, but any of them that I try to boot in my 3DS gives me a message that it can't run the title on a 3DS/2DS.
Correct.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Talk about propaganda.