[DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Robz8, May 28, 2017.

1. incoding

incoding Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2019
    Korea, South
    i think kor version of pokemon heartgold is working. but it's not on the widescreen supported list.

Attached Files:

2. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    That's because it's actually not supported.
    If the TWLMenu++ GUI was in widescreen as well, then it's a bug, as it's only stretched, and not intended as well.
    Delete "TwlBg.cxi" at "sd:/luma/sysmodules/", and just put "Widescreen.cxi" at "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/TwlBg/".
    After doing those, install the latest TWLMenu++ version via the manual method.

3. s3phir0th115

s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 31, 2008
    United States
    I've been trying to get this (9.0.4) to work with my Acekard 2i.

Aside from the defaults, I've enabled Slot-1 microSD access, changed the aspect ratio to 16:10, set use nds-bootstrap to no, and set the sound frequency to 47.61 kHz. I know I got the widescreen working because I'm able to load stuff games off the SD card with nds-bootstrap, with widescreen, without issue.

The cart is on the latest firmware, with the latest akaio loaded.

Every game I've tried loading from the cart, including SDK5, fails with "Start failed. Error 1"

Am I missing anything?

4. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Turn on nds-bootstrap. Widescreen won't work without it.

5. richardZeldaModder

richardZeldaModder Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2018
    United States
    ...what about a way to change the icon? The same with dsi-games that are cia files... is there a way to change the icons?

6. s3phir0th115

Dec 31, 2008
    United States
    Thanks! I've tried that and get a little further now. Now when I start anything it results in white screens, though with the correct aspect ratio.

Am I correct in assuming that because nds-bootstrap is used with this configuration, that I'll need to do AP patches as appropriate for games on the Acecard SD? I haven't tried newer games since enabling nds-bootstrap so far since they aren't patched, as I was relying on akaio for AP patches.

So far I've tried Pokemon Platinum, Mario Kart DS, and Super Mario 64 DS. They all have the same behavior.

7. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    idk why games aren't working on AK2i using nds-bootstrap.
    I'll try to fix it, and I'll DM you when I have a build ready.

8. s3phir0th115

Dec 31, 2008
    United States
    Ok, thank you! Let me know if you need any more information or for me to do testing, I'd be glad to help.

Robz8 likes this.
  9. Enya

Enya Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2019
    Brazil
    Hello guys.

I'm having some issues since I updated for the lastest version with these games:
    • Pokémon Black
    • Pokémon White 2
    Both where running just fine before the update but now when I try to play them all I get is a white screen in both top and bottom screens, it even doesn't allow me to return to the menu to choose other games (forces me to use the Home button).

Mine is an old 2DS.

Is anyone having the same issues?

10. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Make sure the games are running in DS mode.

11. TheFellowJasper

TheFellowJasper Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2019
    Poland
    Mayby stupid question but I kind of like that function: Is there a way to make games launched through Twilight menu appear on 3DS Activity Log or have some separate for Twilight menu? New features makes me want to come back from using forwarders but this is really only thing holding me back

12. raphamotta

raphamotta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 12, 2013
    Just a few questions:
    1 - What does "hold L on start" for a game means?
    2 - SnemulDS touch screen is not working. Is this normal?

Thanks

13. antiNT

antiNT a.k.a Johnny El Pollo Loco

Sep 14, 2015
    Qatar
    Doha - Qatar
    Is there any plans on making these games support DSi mode ? Thank you for your hard work by the way !

14. UltraSyko

UltraSyko Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2019
    United States
    Hi, I made an account just to ask this. Didn't know if this was GitHub issue worthy and I realized this thread is very active. Running on N3DS with CFW. Currently up to date as of this post (Release, not Nightly). I think it's a problem with both the app and updater? I wanted to use the splatoon r4 theme. But it cuts to black screen once enabled. The default r4 themes work perfectly fine, but any extra r4 themes grabbed from the Twilight Menu++ Updater will break. Was wondering if this happens to anyone else and if I did something wrong.
    To Replicate: Goto the updater, Downloads>Extras>Themes>R4 theme>(any theme but I specifically selected splatoon)

15. Pedroverri

Pedroverri Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2019
    Brazil
    Don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but is there any way to sort roms in the Acekard theme?

16. UltraSyko

UltraSyko Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2019
    United States
    Excellent question, was actually wondering that myself.

FateForWindows and Pedroverri like this.
  17. Augustine350

Augustine350 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2019
    United States
    I’m seeing some instructions that say to create a folder for the roms and saves, but I never did this, will this cause issues? The instructions for 3DS cfw just say to put roms anywhere on the SD so rn they’re in the root. Thanks for any help!

18. xYuunax

xYuunax You Stupid

Feb 6, 2018
    China
    Hong Kong
    nds-bootstrap is working fine for my Acekard 2 (non "i" version), so technically it should work on yours.

btw im still on v9.0.3.

19. Alex4nder001

Alex4nder001 Part-time thug

Jul 28, 2017
    United Kingdom
    That looks a lot like my cat at the top!

20. EpicMiBz

EpicMiBz Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Hey there. So I recently modded my DSi with the Twilight Menu ++. I've had no issues running games like Ace Attorney and Ultimate Mortal Kombat. However, i am having trouble running Japanese games. I've had a look at threads and have turned off the Update Recently Played List. I am getting Guru Meditation errors constantly. Please could anyone help me with this as there are lots of Japanese DS games i would love to try. Thanks.