[DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Robz8, May 28, 2017.

1. Rajo

Rajo Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2019
    Czech Republic
    So the themes do not have different capabilities? I would expect a simple theme shouldn't have such a dramatic effect on functionality. Thanks for your answers.

EDIT: I've updated both TWILIGHTMENU and NDS-bootstrap to latest versions from github and now I've lost all audio and touch in all games ‍♂️. Both work in Settings so it's not faulty hardware. This is just weird.

Last edited by Rajo, Jun 24, 2019
  2. CaveStoryKing64

CaveStoryKing64 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 24, 2017
    United States
    What is the difference between DSi Mode and DSi Mode (Forced)?

3. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Are you using a DSi?
    If so, are you using DSiWarehax or Unlaunch (and HiyaCFW, if installed)?
    The "DSi mode" setting enables DSi mode on DSi-Enhanced games.
    The "DSi mode (Forced)" setting enables DSi mode all DS/DSi games.

Tarmfot, alexander1970 and hug0-a7x like this.
  4. Rajo

Rajo Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2019
    Czech Republic
    Yes, DSi, Unlaunch and HIYACFW.

EDIT: after switching to Nightly in twilightmenu settings, I got the audio and touch back. Generally (about four weeks) I have significantly better results out of Nightly.

EDIT2: Acekard and 3ds differ dramatically for me. For example, Rhapsody always gives me Guru meditation error no matter what with Acekard, 3ds theme has no issues launching the game.

Last edited by Rajo, Jun 24, 2019
  5. CaveStoryKing64

CaveStoryKing64 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 24, 2017
    United States

6. TheRealHitori

TheRealHitori Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2019
    United States
    Is there a exp fix for Pokemon Black, Pokemon White, Pokemon Black 2, Pokemon White 2?
    or a any sort of patch?

7. Hammyface

Hammyface GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2006
    United States
    Vermont
    1) I am a bit confused by the "nightly" option for my DS games. Does this mean that TwilightMenu++ automatically downloads the newest NDS Bootstrap?

2) is there a way to return to the menu after loading a DS game? Or do I always have to power off and do the whole reboot process?

3) Is there a way to get TwilightMenu++ to load faster? I am using a pretty big card (32GB) and it takes a good 15-20 seconds just for the system to turn on. This isn't a complaint, I was just wondering if there's any fix that I can do :)

4) Is there a way to skip the boot-up animation intro? Not complaining; it's very cool. I was just wondering because I am trying to speed up boot times as much as possible.

5) Whenever I touch the "HOME" icon on the top right on the 3DS theme, it crashes my DSi with "an error has occurred". Why is this happening and is there any way to fix it?

Last edited by Hammyface, Jun 24, 2019
  8. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBA Fan

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Hello. :)

1) Sorry no automatic download for the DSi.Nightly means...... nightly build,as usual today.Can be a better/compatbiler build then the regular or sometimes maybe not.:)
    2)Holding "L" + "R" shoulder buttons together with "B" and "DOWN" brings you back.
    3)Set boot with TWLMENUPP instead of HIYACFW in UNLAUNCH.
    4)In the TWiLight settings Page 1 and 4 (POWER on your DSi while holding SELECT)

Last edited by alexander1970, Jun 24, 2019
    Hammyface likes this.
  9. Hammyface

Jun 4, 2006
    United States
    Vermont
    1) OK so where do the nightlys go? In a specific folder on the SD card? If so, where?

2) I did not find anything called TWLMENUPP as an option. So what I did was I set "No_Button" in UNLaunch to launch "sdmc:/_NDS/TWilightMenu/dsimenu.srldr"
    I am guessing this is NOT the correct way of doing this, because I am screwed if I ever want to change the theme. Can you explain a bit better what I should be doing in UNLAUNCH?

3) I was not able to get to the TWiLight settings page by holding select while booting. What I did get was some black screen with white text that mentioned something about autobooting. Why wasn't I getting the TWiLight settings page? And also, after messing around in UNLAUNCH, that black and white text screen no longer comes up when holding select. How do I get it back?

*as a side note, thank you so much for all that you do and your incredibly prompt and helpful replies!

10. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBA Fan

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    1)In Unlaunch choose OPTIONS - NO BUTTON - scroll down to TWLMENUPP (appears as BOOT.ND5) and press A - choose SAVE & EXIT
    P1050722.JPG P1050723.JPG P1050724.JPG P1050725.JPG

2)On your SD Card please look into Folder _nds\:
    P1050726.JPG

3) Boot up TWiLight (DSi Theme) and press SELECT:

P1050727.JPG

Tarmfot and Hammyface like this.
  11. Hammyface

Jun 4, 2006
    United States
    Vermont
    Thank you so much for the reply. I think there was some confusion because you are on a different version of ULAUNCHER. Mine shows full names like TWiLight++ instead of TWMMENUPP. Mine says Pictochat and your says PCTCHT. That is why I was not seeing what you said :)

Anyway the only issue I am still having is when I choose "DSi Menu" in that select menu in your last photo, it still crashes my DSi with the "An error has occurred" message. Is there any way I can fix that?

Tarmfot and alexander1970 like this.
  12. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBA Fan

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    In the TWiLight settings Page 4:

- SysNAND region - AUTO
    - SysNAND Launcher 00000007.app
    - Standard Launcher TWiLight Menu++

P1050731.JPG

In Unlaunch try to start LAUNCHER (that with SDMC:/............ on the lower screen).

P1050729.JPG

P1050730.JPG

Tarmfot and Hammyface like this.
  13. Hammyface

Jun 4, 2006
    United States
    Vermont
    Thank you!!! :) It was 00000002.app on my DSi, so I was confused because 00000007.app did not work for me :)

Oh and L+R+B+DOWN does not bring me back to the TWiLight++ menu?

And all of a sudden my DSiWare stopped working! Just tried Zelda: Four Sword Adventures which worked yesterday, and now the system powers immediately off as soon as I select the game. What could have gone wrong?

Last edited by Hammyface, Jun 24, 2019
    alexander1970 likes this.
  14. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBA Fan

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    A little "question" time please my friend:

- on what System Software Version is your DSi ?
    - how did you hacked/modded your DSi ? Which exploit you used ? Flipnote or Memory Pit or other ?
    - which Unlaunch Version have you installed ?
    - on what TWiLight Version is your DSi ? (can checked in TWiLight settings on the TOP screen)
    - on what Bootstrap Version is your DSi/TWiLight ? (can also checked in TWiLight settings on the TOP screen)
    - Which SD Card did you use ? Size and how is it formatted please ?

Thank you.:)

15. Barawer

Barawer GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2016
    Israel
    Israel
    Look for an AP Patch, as far as i remember thats one of the AP measures.

16. Hammyface

Jun 4, 2006
    United States
    Vermont
    - 1.4U
    - Flipnote
    - v1.9
    - v0.21.1
    - 32 GB SD card. It is formatted in fat32

17. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBA Fan

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Thank you.:)

- DSiWare depends sometimes on HiyaCFW.You have changed it to TWL because of faster Boot time.
    Sometimes it takes 1-2 tries to get them work.Sometimes you get a black or white screen.Thats normal.But it should work.:)

- you can try also "L"+"R"+"A"+"B" and "DOWN" to get back to TWiLight.

18. Hammyface

Jun 4, 2006
    United States
    Vermont
    OK I somehow figured this out. It has nothing to do with loading HiyaCFW. DSiWare works fine with the Acekard theme. It does not with the 3DS or DSi theme. I'd just use the Acekard theme except it crashes loading DS games!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It seems like all problems are resolved by using the R4 theme. It does not crash when loading a DS game, it does not crash when loading DSiWare. No other themes should really be used in my opinion.

The only issue I have with all themes is they all crash when exiting the Gameboy emulator

19. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBA Fan

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    It maybe depends on various factors.:(
    Before v8.0.0 i only can use the Acekard theme without issues.Since the last Updates the DSi Theme works perfect for me.:)

Hammyface likes this.
  20. Hammyface

Jun 4, 2006
    United States
    Vermont
    Well regardless, thank you again so much for all your help and for making such a fantastic piece of software!