Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

ikny6

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey i'm getting a white screen on boot all of the sudden. the splash screen doesn't even show up. i'm not sure about this but i think i triggered this issue when i tried the R+L+down+B combo to get back to the menu while i had a game playing. everything was fine before that. i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling twilight menu but its still not running for me. currently running v8.3.0 on o3DS XL with Luma3DS. any help would be appreciated!!

DabiddoJ4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
hey i'm getting a white screen on boot all of the sudden. the splash screen doesn't even show up. i'm not sure about this but i think i triggered this issue when i tried the R+L+down+B combo to get back to the menu while i had a game playing. everything was fine before that. i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling twilight menu but its still not running for me. currently running v8.3.0 on o3DS XL with Luma3DS. any help would be appreciated!!
That's like the issue that I used to have. Now I have to wait a few minutes (so much time for me) to play a game. The only way that I get to fix this was installing unlaunch. Unfortunately I just have a DSi, I want a 3DS but I can't. I used to launch twilight menu++ from a dsiware exploit (Sudokuhax Installed with flipnote studio) and always appear this white screen after the NDS-Bootstrap "please wait" (3 minutes to just see a white screen). I don't know why this happens, but just with unlaunch I "fix" it ( and I said "fix" because I miss the 3DS boot animation).

How many ways do you have to launch twilight menu++ on a 3DS?

ikny6

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's like the issue that I used to have. Now I have to wait a few minutes (so much time for me) to play a game. The only way that I get to fix this was installing unlaunch. Unfortunately I just have a DSi, I want a 3DS but I can't. I used to launch twilight menu++ from a dsiware exploit (Sudokuhax Installed with flipnote studio) and always appear this white screen after the NDS-Bootstrap "please wait" (3 minutes to just see a white screen). I don't know why this happens, but just with unlaunch I "fix" it ( and I said "fix" because I miss the 3DS boot animation).

How many ways do you have to launch twilight menu++ on a 3DS?

hi there, thanks for the input! i'm really new to cfw so i had no idea there were multiple ways to launch it. i wonder if there's an equivalent to your solution on 3ds that i can use?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked in this thread before, i tried googling also. Why does Pictochat appear greyed out and I cant select it?
Because it's not installed.
You need the .nds file extracted from the Pictochat CIA.
To extract it, trim the first 0x3900 bytes off the CIA, using a hex editor, and after doing that, make sure at offset C, "HNEA" is shown.

ikny6

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ah i fixed my white screen problem by running the chkdsk utility on my sd card and replacing the corrupted files! i think it runs faster than it did before. never would've caught the problem if i didn't try to update manually, i'm gonna stick to doing that for now on :lol:

Lesyhirtt

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
someone play Suikoden Tierkreis ??
my game will stuck if i talk to moana and claim reward or want take quest
please, i really want play this game on my 3ds

Edit 1 :This is my prob

Last edited by Lesyhirtt,

costlyclick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiya RocketRobz. Huge fan of your work! A couple of smallish requests:

- Allow dsiware to launch from the nds folder. For example:

\roms\nds\dsgame.nds - launch with nds-bootstrap
\roms\nds\dsigame.dsi - launch as dsiware

My little one has grief with directory navigation and always ends up in a random non-game folder. It would be nice to have this and then disable directory browsing.

- Allow a static boot logo like v7.3.0.

This is just a preference. While I think the vid player is cool technology, after waiting for HiyaCFW to load I would prefer not to see the boot video each time.

Reactions: banjo2

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya RocketRobz. Huge fan of your work! A couple of smallish requests:

- Allow dsiware to launch from the nds folder. For example:

\roms\nds\dsgame.nds - launch with nds-bootstrap
\roms\nds\dsigame.dsi - launch as dsiware

My little one has grief with directory navigation and always ends up in a random non-game folder. It would be nice to have this and then disable directory browsing.

- Allow a static boot logo like v7.3.0.

This is just a preference. While I think the vid player is cool technology, after waiting for HiyaCFW to load I would prefer not to see the boot video each time.
You can turn the boot video off in the settings.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night