Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This only sometimes happens with some games.
With GTA: Chinatown Wars, I never get the error.
It's happening with all 9 games I have tried so far.

1. Super Mario 64
2. New Super Mario 3ds
3. Mario Kart Ds
4. Mario And Luigi Partners in time
5. Super Princess Peach
6. Final Fantasy III
7. Geometry Wars.
8. Dragon Quest IV
9. Dragon Quest V

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Any time I try to select cheats in the latest version the system crashes my 3dsView attachment 167015 .

This issue is gone on both DSi(s) since the last two updates.The Acekard Theme seems very stable now with this.On the DSi Theme I have it only sometimes on the translated "Tingle´s Balloon Trip of Love".

zeroultima6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found the problem for Metroid Prime Hunters, you do need to hold L for certain reasons: when you enter Alinos the first time onwards (and maybe when you leave the ship), it does normally white screens when it happens but mind you the load times are slower as a result.

jms209

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So not sure what happened to my star force save, but it's gone....

I played through it without turning off my 3DS. I beat the game and after credits got new game option,not sure why.
Quit menu and restarted game, now I'm at a part near the start of the game.

I saved multiple times before this, so not sure why it only decided to save sometimes.
My completed save was at 25 hours, the current save is at 12....

Any ideas why it happened? Just happy I was able to get through the game, but now can't do post game content.
I didn't change any settings.

Last edited by jms209,

Shtooball

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After this newest update, I can't even load my ds games. The screens turn white after it loads, then doesn't do anything. Also, I can't access the cheats!!

Last edited by Shtooball,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After this newest update, I can't even load my ds games. The screens turn white after it loads, then doesn't do anything. Also, I can't access the cheats!!
You actually aren't on the latest version. The only version that crashes when loading DS games is v8.2.1.
The latest version is v8.2.2. If you are on that version, there are a few cheats that makes some games white screen.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Shtooball

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You actually aren't on the latest version. The only version that crashes when loading DS games is v8.2.1.
The latest version is v8.2.2. If you are on that version, there are a few cheats that makes some games white screen.

When you add a new version, it shows up on the updater. After I downloaded this update, I have not been able to press X or tap the cheats button on the properties pop-up for the ROM when i get to the ROM list to choose one.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

After an "eventful" night

I found the malefactor on Mario Kart DS EU and US :

This 2 cheats causes the issue:

- Alternative WFC
- All 32 Tracks Available Online

This cheats works on my Flashcarts on both versions.
I read in the Update Log that Mario Kart Cheats were updated.
The usrcheat.dat is from the latest Update from DeadSkullzJr's Flashcart Cheat Databases

can "report":

All is ok,8.2.2 Update works excellent.:bow:

- No more DSI exception screens !! (mainly before on Cheat selections).
- Acekard Theme works for me stable and fast like never before
- Loading times fast as before
- Game compatibility is excellent

Thank you for the great Update and your quick and reliable support.:yaynds:

SkatesBest

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Same thing just happened to me. I updated with the twilight updater. Loaded Dawn of Sorrow like normal and the cheats worked without me having to relaunch twilight or reboot multiple times. I rebooted my system, loaded twilight menu and pressed X for the cheats, but nothing happened. The game use to load past the white screen every time on the last version, but cheats wouldn’t work every time. Now it won’t even go past the white screen.

Edit: Never mind. I used R4 instead and the game loads. I was using Acekard. Even OoE loads now. I guess I’ll have to re-download the cheats from the updater and see if they work.

Last edited by SkatesBest,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Same thing just happened to me. I updated with the twilight updater. Loaded Dawn of Sorrow like normal and the cheats worked without me having to relaunch twilight or reboot multiple times. I rebooted my system, loaded twilight menu and pressed X for the cheats, but nothing happened. The game use to load past the white screen every time on the last version, but cheats wouldn’t work every time. Now it won’t even go past the white screen.

Edit: Never mind. I used R4 instead and the game loads. Even OoE loads now. I guess I’ll have to re-download the cheats from the updater and see if they work.

The US Version and the EU Version of Castlevania - Dawn of sorrow works with cheats (HP/MP/1 Hit/Gold/Rapid Fire).:)
I´ve tried the Acekard and DSi Theme.

Last edited by Alexander1970,

IRRITADO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, I have a question ... the Nintendo DSi system: Hiya Custom Firmware, I can only install in the original firmware version 1.4.5 ??? or can I install it on any firmware version? thank you

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

For I know thers is no "limitations" of the Firmware from your DSi.
Not compatible with development DSi consoles or Chinese iQue DSi consoles.

You need:

- a DSi with FLIPNOTE
- a SD Card (2 GB highly recommended,you can copy the content after the Installation on an bigger sized one) formatted to FAT32

You can begin here:

https://dsi.cfw.guide/installing-unlaunch

Good luck.:)

Reactions: IRRITADO

IRRITADO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

For I know thers is no "limitations" of the Firmware from your DSi.
Not compatible with development DSi consoles or Chinese iQue DSi consoles.

You need:

- a DSi with FLIPNOTE
- a SD Card (2 GB highly recommended,you can copy the content after the Installation on an bigger sized one) formatted to FAT32

You can begin here:

Good luck.:)

Perfect... Thank you very much for clarifying my doubts !!!

Last edited by IRRITADO,
Reactions: Alexander1970

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v8.2.3

NOTE:
This should hopefully be the last release for a while. :P

Check here on how to update TWiLight Menu++.

Includes nds-bootstrap v0.19.5.

What's new?
  • Cheat file, while still limited to 32KB, is no longer truncated to that size.
    Should reduce slowdown introduced by loading the file in nds-bootstrap.
  • You no longer need to hold L for the following games to work:
    • Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
    • Tony Hawk's American Sk8land (EUR)
Bug fix
  • Acekard theme: Fixed usrcheat.dat being deleted instead of cheatData.bin, if no cheats are enabled.

UnknownQuotes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arright, so I had updated TWiLight Menu just now, but had to get online to sort my problem out real quick. (Even if it's probably already been addressed.)
I have a AP Patched ROM of Pokemon Black 2, works perfectly great, cleared file and everything. Although, I wanted to try any cheat for said game just to make sure it worked. And to my surprise, nothing worked. I actually ended up putting myself through the trouble and go through every. single. thread. for something to at least ease the problem a slight bit. If anyone could finish this little charade for me, I'd really appreciate it. A lot. Thanks in advance, for reading this equivalent of a Jehovah's witness/essay, and helping.

Last edited by UnknownQuotes,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.