Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v7.0.0

Check here on how to update TWiLight Menu++.
In addition to the regular instructions, if you're a flashcard user, extract `BOOT_fc.nds` to the flashcard's SD root, make a copy, and rename that to `boot.nds`, and also update your flashcard's autoboot file.

What's new?
  • Added option for SCFG access in Slot-1. Allows setting extended memory mode and/or TWL clock speed in flashcard homebrew.
    With that setting turned on, when launching TWiLight Menu++ on your flashcard, TWL clock speed will be set on boot, and you'll be able to set CPU speed and VRAM boost settings in the settings screen and per-game settings.
  • DS menu Acekard theme by Vulpes-Vulpeos (fixed by me) has been added!
  • DSi theme: When touching the arrow button, it is now shown pressed.
  • If a `saves` folder does not exist in the folder of the .nds ROM(s), TWiLight Menu++ will now create it when launching your ROM.
Bug fixes
  • Acekard theme: Fixed list view causing Guru Meditation Error. (thanks to @Epicpkmn11)
  • Fixed soft-resetting in Slot-1 DS cart games bringing you to Unlaunch menu instead.

god_hound

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

Could someone please help me? I made everything according to dsi.cfw.guide guide, except I had not a title/00030004 folder, but a title/00030015. After I've finished with steps, I tried to load my dsi, but after this step: "Press START to save and continue booting", got following message: Error! Failed to read Launcher's title.md. What should I do?

p.s. also, when getting into dsi native launcher, I don't hear background music anymore

p.p.s. and system doesn't recognize cartridges anymore :(

Last edited by god_hound,

god_hound

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

Could someone please help me? I made everything according to dsi.cfw.guide guide, except I had not a title/00030004 folder, but a title/00030015. After I've finished with steps, I tried to load my dsi, but after this step: "Press START to save and continue booting", got following message: Error! Failed to read Launcher's title.md. What should I do?

p.s. also, when getting into dsi native launcher, I don't hear background music anymore

p.p.s. and system doesn't recognize cartridges anymore :(
actually, I think I misunderstood one of the steps and replaced contents of title/00030015 on SD card with the ones from TWiLightMenu folder

that's might be the problem

how can I fix it?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually, I think I misunderstood one of the steps and replaced contents of title/00030015 on SD card with the ones from TWiLightMenu folder

that's might be the problem

how can I fix it?
Do you have a "00030017" folder in "title"?
If not, then get it from your NAND backup.

god_hound

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean the NAND backup extracted using the HiyaCFW Helper.
It worked! Thank you so much! I was afraid my DSi long gone because of my mistake :sad:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I mean the NAND backup extracted using the HiyaCFW Helper.
Also, any idea why background sound in dsi native menu could have disappeared? In system settings it still works, but not in main menu.

Reactions: RocketRobz

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting decision. Is there any way to enable it?
You can try disabling title autoboot in HiyaCFW settings, and use SDNAND System Menu instead.
If that doesn't work, you're out of luck. The only option left is to uninstall Unlaunch, which will remove the ability to use HiyaCFW.

Reactions: god_hound

god_hound

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try disabling title autoboot in HiyaCFW settings, and use SDNAND System Menu instead.
If that doesn't work, you're out of luck. The only option left is to uninstall Unlaunch, which will remove the ability to use HiyaCFW.
Understood. Thanks again and sorry for noob questions :D

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
v7.0.0

Check here on how to update TWiLight Menu++.
In addition to the regular instructions, if you're a flashcard user, extract `BOOT_fc.nds` to the flashcard's SD root, make a copy, and rename that to `boot.nds`, and also update your flashcard's autoboot file.

What's new?
  • Added option for SCFG access in Slot-1. Allows setting extended memory mode and/or TWL clock speed in flashcard homebrew.
    With that setting turned on, when launching TWiLight Menu++ on your flashcard, TWL clock speed will be set on boot, and you'll be able to set CPU speed and VRAM boost settings in the settings screen and per-game settings.
  • DS menu Acekard theme by Vulpes-Vulpeos (fixed by me) has been added!
  • DSi theme: When touching the arrow button, it is now shown pressed.
  • If a `saves` folder does not exist in the folder of the .nds ROM(s), TWiLight Menu++ will now create it when launching your ROM.
Bug fixes
  • Acekard theme: Fixed list view causing Guru Meditation Error. (thanks to @Epicpkmn11)
  • Fixed soft-resetting in Slot-1 DS cart games bringing you to Unlaunch menu instead.

with that, this thread is now a sticky icky.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @realtimesave why did you get several MIG?