Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.:)
If i do this now with TWiLight 6.6.0 comes "Start failed. Error 1 bootloader.nds not found!":O
Have the hiya.dsi in the Root of the SD Card.
You need "bootloader.nds" in "sd:/hiya".
"bootloader.nds" should be in the SD root, if you we're using a previous HiyaCFW version.
Do i understand this right:
"You can now have TWiLight Menu++ go to SysNAND Launcher (aka System Menu) instead of SDNAND's!
Useful if you're getting the An error has occurred. screen.
In the settings screen, you will need to set which .app file is set as LAUNCHER in the Unlaunch menu. To check, press POWER, hold A, then highlight LAUNCHER. The .app name will be shown on the bottom screen."

The SD Nand Launcher is no longer supported?:O
It's always been supported, just not on most SD cards bigger than 2GB.
That's an issue with the original Launcher (aka System Menu), not HiyaCFW.

Reactions: Alexander1970

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Robz8,
I have a 3DS with Luma and TWiLight and I had an issue with a ROM of COD BO1 for the DS. I tested it out on DeSuMe and it worked fine on my computer, but on my 3DS, the Zombies mode was oddly gone. I tried the ROM once again on my computer and it re appeared. Do you think you know what happened?

Also, I have been waiting quite a while to play Ermii Kart DS on TWiLight menu. Can you point me in the right direction to someone who may be able to stop it from crashing?

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Robz8,
I have a 3DS with Luma and TWiLight and I had an issue with a ROM of COD BO1 for the DS. I tested it out on DeSuMe and it worked fine on my computer, but on my 3DS, the Zombies mode was oddly gone. I tried the ROM once again on my computer and it re appeared. Do you think you know what happened?

Also, I have been waiting quite a while to play Ermii Kart DS on TWiLight menu. Can you point me in the right direction to someone who may be able to stop it from crashing?
You might need an AP patch. I think you can use this to do that. https://gbatemp.net/threads/repack-...ild-1215-includes-cmp-and-ap-database.477193/

Reactions: AdenTheThird

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Robz8,
It's an AP issue.
The ROM needs to be AP-patched for it to appear.
I heard a new beta for Ermii Kart is to be released soon, and it may work on nds-bootstrap (the SD ROM loading side of TWiLight Menu++).

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
After a hard day of "work" with great help from here (Robz8 & flutterbrony,thank you guys :grog:) TWiLight Menu 6.6.0 & hiyaCFW are friends finally.:D Games are working good

AND my dear friend is also here,too:
New Super Mario US with the issue ""Could not erase data.Turn the power off and reinsert the Game Card." :wacko:

romagr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello Robz and thank you for the great work.

I'm having trouble with the flashcard direct access. I set up everything according to the guide, can access my flashcart SD (acekard 2i) but everytime I launch a game it goes to a white screen and never boots the game.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Robz and thank you for the great work.

I'm having trouble with the flashcard direct access. I set up everything according to the guide, can access my flashcart SD (acekard 2i) but everytime I launch a game it goes to a white screen and never boots the game.
That's normal, but it shouldn't be. As I don't have an Acekard 2i, I can't fix it. :(
afaik, it only works if TWiLight Menu++ is ran from within the flashcard.

If you're using a DSi with Unlaunch installed, you can run DSiWare from your Acekard 2i, though not if the flashcard itself is launched.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

romagr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ah, that's a bummer. I was hoping to play with my acekard not to rely on the SD compatibility for the improved sound and speed.

Is there a way to buy an compatible acekard and have it sent to you to see if there is a fix? Thanks.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, that's a bummer. I was hoping to play with my acekard not to rely on the SD compatibility for the improved sound and speed.

Is there a way to buy an compatible acekard and have it sent to you to see if there is a fix? Thanks.
No thanks. I'm good with the flashcards I already have.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
You need "bootloader.nds" in "sd:/hiya".
"bootloader.nds" should be in the SD root, if you we're using a previous HiyaCFW version.

It's always been supported, just not on most SD cards bigger than 2GB.
That's an issue with the original Launcher (aka System Menu), not HiyaCFW.

The SD Nand Launcher works before (v6.5.0.).Thats ok,not important to me.:)

Sadly badly news....:sad:

I´m using a 16GB Card,formatted as recommended (and fully re-formated it today as my "trouble" starts).
Before V 6.6.0. i´ve use 6.5.0.That version works perfect after a little "issues".Now i´ve watching a loading/performance phenomenon:

- Resident Evil DS US takes very long to boot (up to 40 sec.) and the Intro is stuttering,the loading times between rooms are unusual long.Tried DS and DSi Mode & with/without Boost (works perfect before :unsure:).
- Mario Kart DS US takes long to start a race (black screen,sound is like echoing/halls and loosing WiFi connecting to other DSi´s.:sad:) works before.
- some DSi Ware Games (0034 - Little Bit of... Brain Training, A - Arts Edition,0247 - Mario vs. Donkey Kong - Minis March Again!) sending back to TWiLight Loader Screen and reboots. worka also before (thats why i´m asking about SD Nand Launcher because i´ve installed the games before).

Sorry to tell you this.:sad:

Thank for your patience and your time.:)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SD Nand Launcher works before (v6.5.0.).Thats ok,not important to me.:)

Sadly badly news....:sad:

I´m using a 16GB Card,formatted as recommended (and fully re-formated it today as my "trouble" starts).
Before V 6.6.0. i´ve use 6.5.0.That version works perfect after a little "issues".Now i´ve watching a loading/performance phenomenon:

- Resident Evil DS US takes very long to boot (up to 40 sec.) and the Intro is stuttering,the loading times between rooms are unusual long.Tried DS and DSi Mode & with/without Boost (works perfect before :unsure:).
- Mario Kart DS US takes long to start a race (black screen,sound is like echoing/halls and loosing WiFi connecting to other DSi´s.:sad:) works before.
That's strange. The slow load times only happened on older nds-bootstrap versions (before the FAT table caching).
Your SD card might be dying.
- some DSi Ware Games (0034 - Little Bit of... Brain Training, A - Arts Edition,0247 - Mario vs. Donkey Kong - Minis March Again!) sending back to TWiLight Loader Screen and reboots. worka also before (thats why i´m asking about SD Nand Launcher because i´ve installed the games before).

Sorry to tell you this.:sad:

Thank for your patience and your time.:)
That happens sometimes for me. Just keep trying, and it'll eventually work.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Ohhhh yes,i forgot,the bootstrap thing.:wacko: :wacko::wacko:

The SD Card is dying...? :O

Maybe.. i´ve changed the Card from the PC into DSi and the otherway many,many,many times today.:blink:

Thank you for your advise.:grog:
I appreciate your knowledge and help.:)

Breakgon

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Yes. Just copy the .dsv file to the SD card, rename to .sav, and trim the DeSmuMe header off the end of the file, using a hex-editor.

Sorry for bothering with silly questions but which of these values should i trim? I'm kind of newbie (sorry for the bad english btw).

hex.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-6_20-58-43.png
    upload_2018-12-6_20-58-43.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 92

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass