Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont kbow if its there or on nds bootstrap topic for post but since 3 month or 4 my dsi wont play rom in sd card im frustrated tested with 3 sd and 2 dsi eur since this summer it give me awhite screen at bottomand top screen what can i do ?on my flashcard my roms work
Try updating TWiLight Menu++ and make sure sound fix is off.
Also, if you're not using HiyaCFW, then please use it.

Reactions: laharl22

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try updating TWiLight Menu++ and make sure sound fix is off.
Also, if you're not using HiyaCFW, then please use it.
thanks it work fine it give just a few more seconds for booting the menu with hiya autoboot compared to bootcode;dsi so i will play now thanks

Eismagier

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Instructions (Flashcard users, including DS Phat/DS lite)
  1. Extract the files/folders in the 7z file, including the "_nds" folder, to the flashcard's microSD Card root.
  2. Put .gb/.gbc/.nes/.nds ROMs anywhere on your flashcard's microSD card.
Compatible flashcards for retail ROM booting (skip to step 4, if your flashcard is not listed):
Original R4/M3 Simply?
R4iDSN/R4i Gold RTS/R4 Ultra (Cannot autoboot TWiLight Menu++ with R4iDSN/R4i Gold RTS)
Acekard 2(i)/Galaxy Eagle/M3DS Real (Cannot autoboot TWiLight Menu++ with Acekard 2(i))
Acekard RPG?
SuperCard DSTWO

3. Extract what's in "for Slot-1 microSD" to the root of the flashcard's microSD card.
4. Extract what's in "Flashcard autoboot/(your flashcard)" to the root of the flashcard's microSD card. (Skip this, if you don't see your flashcard.)
5. DS Phat/DS lite users: Go to settings in the DS menu, and turn on auto-start, so your flashcard will start on boot.
6. You're good to go! Launch your flashcard, and TWiLight Menu++ will load! (Load "boot_fc.nds", if you're in the regular flashcard menu.)
7. You can also set your preferred sound/mic frequency, if you're using a DSi/3DS/2DS.
Are these instructions still valid? I've been trying to get TWiLight Menu++ v6.4.3 working on my old DS Lite with an Acekard 2i but it gets stuck on "Now Loading..." after running boot_fc.nds.

I tried the "for Slot-1 microSD (Acekard 2(i) - TWiLightMenu++, DSiMenu++, SRLoader)" files first and then "for Slot-1 microSD (Acekard 2(i) - Forwarders)", but neither works.

Edit: v6.4.2 (Rev 01) loads, so something's broken in 6.4.3.

Last edited by Eismagier,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are these instructions still valid? I've been trying to get TWiLight Menu++ v6.4.3 working on my old DS Lite with an Acekard 2i but it gets stuck on "Now Loading..." after running boot_fc.nds.

I tried the "for Slot-1 microSD (Acekard 2(i) - TWiLightMenu++, DSiMenu++, SRLoader)" files first and then "for Slot-1 microSD (Acekard 2(i) - Forwarders)", but neither works.

Edit: v6.4.2 (Rev 01) loads, so something's broken in 6.4.3.
Sometimes it gets stuck on "Now Loading...", even on past versions.
Try waking the system from sleep mode when that happens.

Reactions: Eismagier

BatIron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi two questions one any tried to play animal crossing ww in local if that are true any time fall the connection? And two any page for new compatible list about nds-bootstrap?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why has TWLoader been discontinued? It was awesome and looked good. Twilight menu is just ugly. But thanks for the great work.
v4.2.0 said:
starting with this release, DSiMenu++ replaces TWLoader, as TWLoader is now discontinued, as it'd take longer to maintain both DSiMenu++ and TWLoader repos, also due to the fact that TWLoader takes some time to start, including icon caching, downloading/loading box art, and pauses when picking a game.
DSiMenu++ has none of these issues, replicates the DSi Menu more accurately, and only working on that will bring faster updates.
As a result, we now just have one menu to load ROMs on the SD card through, and the upside is that it works on both DSi and 3DS/2DS consoles! ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

question. can saves made in twilight be used on an emulator and vice versa?
Yes.

dojmin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Hey. Not sure if anyone posted this, but. I have the latest TWiLightMenu++ version and in Mario Kart DS, when I go to Lightning cup, the game just goes to black and never recovers. I can hit Home button to get out of TWiLightMenu++. Anybody?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. Not sure if anyone posted this, but. I have the latest TWiLightMenu++ version and in Mario Kart DS, when I go to Lightning cup, the game just goes to black and never recovers. I can hit Home button to get out of TWiLightMenu++. Anybody?
It's an nds-bootstrap issue.
Are you using a 3DS or DSi?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Strange its working fine for me I just played the game for about 2 hours.

omegazeroINFI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant get desmume to recognize the save. is there a specific emulator that will read the .sav? i had placed the one from my 3ds to the rom where the .sav usually generates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)