Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Holiday_Ougi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, now Prof. Layton and the Unwound Future launches and works great... But it doesn't save even with a donor cart.

The cart i'm using is Rhythm Heaven and i made sure they have the same save type (Eeprom - 64 kbit)

So, uh, what to do?

James1o1o

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think the autoboot file for R4i Gold RTS might be broken?

I followed all the instructions for the flashcard section. Copying the autoboot files from the folder, and overwriting the _DS_MENU.DAT from the forward pack, when launching the Flashcard from my 2DS, it just gets a white screen.

If I re-replace the _DS_MENU.DAT from the Forwarder pack, so I am NOT using the autoboot file, it will launch into Wood, which I can then launch the Boot_FC.NDS, which then loads DSiMenu++ perfectly fine. So it seems to be, as soon as I use the flashcard autoboot file, it breaks down the process somehow.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks

I'm on a New 2DS XL if that makes any difference, with CFW.

EDIT: Okay so I don't even know what I've done but it's somehow working. It has the _DS_Menu.dat from the forwarder pack, yet it's now somehow autobooting into DSiMenu++. No idea what I've done to be honest, all working good now though.

Last edited by James1o1o,

Rj.MoG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, when trying to launch my iSmart Premium card from either TWLoader I get the error "This File is Old Version Setting. load default. convertfull_unicode2alias: not find unicode path item. [skin] application halted!!" and when launching from the 3ds home menu it just hangs on the flashcards loading screen. Can anyone help?

TheFireKyuubi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i extracted the "_nds" folder and "BOOT.NDS" with "BOOTfc.nds" files to sd root, and installed all the cias, but when i click a rom to play, i just reboot to home menu, it only works if i select "start last played rom" in the dsimenu++ menu, how do I fix this?

SaberLilly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohhhhhh i just installed this and i am loving it. having to restart the application enable the rom quick start thing is a small price for quick load times and 1:1 cartridge speed

Gyaraga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using TWLoader on 3DS as a front end for my DSTT cart. Under "Instructions (Flashcard users...)" DSTT is not fully supported. Will that be a feature in a future update? For now, I'll continue using TWLoader.

HikkiFan7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, when I select “Start DSiMenu ++” all it does is give me the “An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Operations Manual for details.” screen.
Any help is appreciated. I’m using a 2DS.

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Anyone can compile the bootstrap which fix some games please games please im unable to install devkit pro on ubuntu

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If dsimenu++ is installed on a r4i b9s flashcard will it bypass the time bomb date on the card?
unlikely. You can't autoboot dsimenu++ on a R4i B9S afaik, so you need to launch it via the flashcards regular menu which you can't access when the timebomb is active (i.e. a new kernel or reverting your system clock is still necessary to launch it, come september 2019)

SaberLilly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, when I select “Start DSiMenu ++” all it does is give me the “An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Operations Manual for details.” screen.
Any help is appreciated. I’m using a 2DS.

You need to install the 3 CIA files in the zip folder and install the launcher in the github link. Also remove all files from the SD card regarding TWloader (if you used it)
https://github.com/Robz8/DSiMenuPlusPlus-Launcher/releases

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I use the DSi version to launch a flashcard, will it have the improved 48khz audio in DS ROMs played with that flashcard? Or do I have to run the flashcard version to get the audio improvement?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.