DS Hobro 0.4

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Merlinus, Aug 3, 2008.

Aug 3, 2008

DS Hobro 0.4 by Merlinus at 10:36 AM (5,142 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Merlinus
    OP

Newcomer Merlinus Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hello, this seems the place to ask for help with this program.

I currently use a hard-line to the internet, so I have a Nintendo WiFi USB Connector to use my DS on the web.
    I downloaded this software because of the (albeit limited) flash support, however when I try to connect it fails every time.
    I have tried automatic connecting and manually entering the Connectors IP address but no luck.
    I have left the port as 666, is there a way I can change this or detect which port my dongle connects through?

Does it also matter that I am connected with a hard-line? It doesn't bother the DS when I play games through it, I am also connected to a hub before being wired to the internet router.

Oh BTW, I use a Fatso DS with Cyclo DS Evolution, which has the latest stable firmware.

Can anyone suggest a solution? Has anyone else got the 0.4 version to work, if so, do you have a wireless router? is this what I'm missing?

All suggestions will be tried, I'd love to get this homebrew working, Many Thanks!

2. psycoblaster

Member psycoblaster Divine

Korea, South
    are u running the exe on your computer???

3. Merlinus
    OP

Newcomer Merlinus Newbie

United Kingdom
    Yes, I am running server.exe on my computer while trying to connect, this is also where I noticed the port selection box. I have told it to run, and I have also tried changing the port number (although I have only a limited knowledge of how ports work) and changed the entry on the DS manual IP screen, this has turned up nothing as well.

Oh, I should also mention that I have taken off all my protection and disabled my firewall before trying to run it, just to eliminate any problems there.

4. psycoblaster

Korea, South
    hmmmm... did you set up your WIFI connection with a commercial game??

5. psycoblaster

Korea, South
    now let me tell you how I got mine connected (with a wireless router)

I opened server.exe and pressed "start"
    I turned on my DS and loaded dshobro
    dunno about v0.4, (I still use v0.3), I pressed B for autoconnection. Now some people says that the first time you connect might take a while. just leave your ds still when the screen says initialising wifi

when some IP address come out, you'll know you've been connected o.O

6. Jackreyes

Jackreyes Newbie

I imagine he has already tried that.
    Seeing as it is the simplest thing you could do.

I'd just wait for Costello to reply. He should know what to do [​IMG]

7. Merlinus
    OP

Newcomer Merlinus Newbie

United Kingdom
    I do not have a wireless router, I use the Wi-Fi USB to connect, so I attemped matching its IP address as well, no luck, it just hangs on the white loading screen and offers a reconnect, which never works.

Oh, and yes, I used a commercial game to configure the connection, it tests and works fine.

8. sfunk

Member sfunk GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I believe that the USB dongles can't be used to go online with homebrew unless they use hacked drivers. Here's a guide.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36057

I don't know much about it so you might need to talk to someone more knowledgeable. (I'm pretty sure I'm right though...)

9. Merlinus
    OP

Newcomer Merlinus Newbie

United Kingdom
    Thanks sfunk for the advice, have downloaded and installed the programs using the directions, and reconfigured the DS with a commercial game. The device has been detected and connects properly.

When I try to run HoBro it finds the wifi connction, but hangs on the white "initialising WiFi" screen and goes nowhere. How long does this take to work? I left it for 15 mins with server.exe set to fastest speed setting and still it doesn't work.

I reckon I am getting close to making this work, will keep trying to tinker with it, does anyone have a suggestion for what to do now?

10. rubenpaul

Newcomer rubenpaul Newbie

Netherlands Antilles
    I have the same problem!
    When I loaded my server.exe on the computer and press start it all works, but after I turned on my ds and try to connect it doesnt work!
    I have a router and a good wifi connection. What is the problem then?
    I left the port on the automatic 666 but yeah...I dont really understand all that.
    Can anyone help please?
    thanks!

11. antonkan

Member antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Well, I can't help you. I'm having the problem with DSHobro on my Acekard 2i and freezes while connecting. Try another web browser for Nintendo DS.