HipsterPluto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

I've been searching for an answer for a long time, but after a lot of webbrowsing and stuff, I still got nothing.
I have a Blue Gateway card, a Red Gateway card, Cubic Ninja and the New 3DS XL. I am currently playing 3ds games with the red card, but I can't figure out how to play normal ds games with Gateway on the New 3DS XL.

Does anyone know how to do this?

D

Deleted User

Well, I honestly think it would be best to get a R4i Gold or something. Last time I checked, and if I remember correctly, when I bought my R4i, It didn't really cost that much, so I suggest you buy one if you don't want to wait for a fix for this.

Reactions: migles

HipsterPluto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey bro now that you are on it, patching 3ds Roms, downloading patches from eshop, can that result in a ban? I mean it's not like I'm going online with a ROM, just wanna be sure?

I'm not using the eshop, so I have no idea.

So I simply have to install a CIA file, put it on the SD card of the blue gateway card and it works?
If yes, where can I get that file?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
So I simply have to install a CIA file, put it on the SD card of the blue gateway card and it works?
If yes, where can I get that file?

read the damn thing. pm cearp he may give you a clue about where you can find the file.
he didnt shared the file because concerns with rules.

again, go read the thread, its huge probably lots of questions..

you can either try that, or buy a DS flashcart like this one http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149

HipsterPluto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
read the damn thing. pm cearp he may give you a clue about where you can find the file.
he didnt shared the file because concerns with rules.

again, go read the thread, its huge probably lots of questions..

you can either try that, or buy a DS flashcart like this one http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149

Sorry, I thought someone might know where I can get that file. I will look if it works.
Thank you

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
cearp (the dude that made that thread) is the one who made that homebrew if i am not mistaken...

He didn't make anything, he just uploaded the Firmware 1.0 CIA that contains the blocklist for DS flashcards. All old cards that were already blocked with the 1.0 firmware (original R4 comes to mind) are still blocked.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
He didn't make anything, he just uploaded the Firmware 1.0 CIA that contains the blocklist for DS flashcards. All old cards that were already blocked with the 1.0 firmware (original R4 comes to mind) are still blocked.

i was aware about the cards blocked at 1.0 firmware wouldn't never be unblocked..

but how does this thing work? you don't actually flash the firmware 1.0 to the console, right?

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
i was aware about the cards blocked at 1.0 firmware wouldn't never be unblocked..

but how does this thing work? you don't actually flash the firmware 1.0 to the console, right?

You just flash a small part of the 1.0 firmware to your console - the flashcard blocklist. You could download the remaining CIAs of the firmware with UpdateCDN or 3DNUS (only from FW >=2.x), and flash them all to downgrade, if you wanted (Just be careful for bricks).

Reactions: migles

Hellhacker1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've always wondered, what would stop us from installing the cia file via Emunand then booting classic mode to try use the blue card? would it work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated