Homebrew DS games on A9LH

kofman13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys recently setup A9LH+CFW on my n3DS, everything working great. But I kind of wanna play some DS Roms too as well. Any way to do this?

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flash carts are indeed the only way to do this, and will likely be for a while, in theory ds loading might be doable, but there's a lot that would have to go into making this work, so expect months if not years before this sees the light of day (if anyone's even actively working on it)

Reactions: Hoppy

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Buy a flashcart, that's the only way to get DS ROMs to work on your 3DS, regardless of CFW or loader method.
And no, there is no way to get DS games to work without a DS flashcart. This is a weekly question and it's always the same answer.
No, it doesn't bother me. Mods might care, though.
There's really no rule against that, otherwise the option wouldn't be there. Just the community doesn't use them.

Deleted member 373057

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Buy a flashcart, that's the only way to get DS ROMs to work on your 3DS, regardless of CFW or loader method.
And no, there is no way to get DS games to work without a DS flashcart. This is a weekly question and it's always the same answer.
Or emulate them. I'd argue that nearly any $400+ computer can run DS games at 90% speed or more.

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There's really no rule against that, otherwise the option wouldn't be there. Just the community doesn't use them.
you can have neat forwarder .cia's though. Not really worth the effort to have .nds cias to be honest.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
you can have neat forwarder .cia's though. Not really worth the effort to have .nds cias to be honest.
The forwarder just acts a means from the 3DS homescreen to an auto-execute kernel on the DS flashcard. You still need the flashcart to get DS games to work. It's basically the same as old days when people used Moonshell+YSmenu for their flashcart.

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The forwarder just acts a means from the 3DS homescreen to an auto-execute kernel on the DS flashcard. You still need the flashcart to get DS games to work. It's basically the same as old days when people used Moonshell+YSmenu for their flashcart.
yeah but the point is, it's on the home menu. pretty neat.
but yeah I'm aware :P

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
yeah but the point is, it's on the home menu. pretty neat.
Yeah, actually that is pretty cool. I mean it's the closest you can get to launching your DS games from the 3DS homemenu.

Pikm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys recently setup A9LH+CFW on my n3DS, everything working great. But I kind of wanna play some DS Roms too as well. Any way to do this?
Step 1. Go Back In Time
Step 2. Become a Nintendo Developer
Step 3. Code DS roms into DSiWare
Step 5. Profit!

Reactions: Monkeyp7

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just popped in my DSTWO from my dsi and it works great in my 3dsxl

Not sure why so many people outright ignored your previous posts, but yeah, dsTwo is one of only a handful of cards that actively pushed firmware updates after the 3ds aggressively pushed firmware updates to kill use of them.

Reactions: kofman13

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, actually that is pretty cool. I mean it's the closest you can get to launching your DS games from the 3DS homemenu.
The upside of this, is that banner icons on some DSi-Enhanced games will animate, which normally doesn't happen in a flashcard menu.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [cricket sounds]