Gaming DS Games of the Month: April 2010

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted this before but something fucked up. Yeah. Here's take two!

Pretty small stuff compared to the shitstorm of stuff last month, but hey, it's sorta my job to post this.

EDIT: Monster Rancher DS is now set for a summer release date, so there's not much bitch hyping up to do for now. Thanks to Nojoy for the info!

You can read the Wii version of this thread right here

Some rules and stuff.
- No flaming. If I list a game you don't like, too bad. If I don't, too bad.
- This is mainly North American releases, sorry. I'll, on occasion, do a European or Japanese release if it's big enough and not already out in America.
- If a game is already released in English and is being released again for another region, I won't bother adding it. Like say if Super Mario Galaxy 2 was out in America in April (it won't) and it came out in May in Europe, I won't list it for May. I'll also do the same if a game was released in English (aka Europe or America) and is being released in Japan.
- I get my dates from GameFaqs, Wikipedia, and IGN, so if a date is wrong don't blame me. You can, of course, point it out and ask me to fix it if you have the right date.

Dementium II

Developed by: Renegade Kid
Published by: SouthPeak Interactive
Release date: April 20th
Genre: FPS
My Hype Level: Hi, I'm Shitty McShitpants, and I shit my pants
GBAtemp Hype Level: Pretty high

DementiumII_FOB_DSboxart_160w.jpg

It was set for release last month, but it's now been moved to this month. So, yeah...

Anyway, I'm too chickenshit to play the first game and probably this. FPS games on the DS have been decent enough, but just cause shitty hand cramps a lot, which is a huge turn off to me. Still, Dementium II looks high quality and should be sure to please DS FPS and horror fans, as well as anyone who just likes to see lead fly.

Beat City

Developed by: Universomo
Published by: THQ
Release date: April 20th
Genre: Rhythm
My Hype Level: Could be quite fun
GBAtemp Hype Level: Huh...

beat_cityboxart_160w.jpg

I did a little bit of research to see exactly what it was, and from the first line I thought of it as "de Blob with rhythm". Just read the description from IGN...

QUOTE said:
In Beat City, players must find their rhythm in order to restore Beat City to the vibrant, melodious city it once was.

Uhh... de Blob much? Also, the boxart just strikes as de Blob kinda "gray city" style. Well, I wouldn't be too surprised, as Universomo did the iPhone port of de Blob, as well as Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords. Still, these aren't exactly "their" games and are just ports. Most of their own games seem pretty shit. I look forward to seeing how this turns out.

Dawn of Heroes

Developed by: Wicked Studious
Published by: Majesco
Release date: DELAYED
Genre: Strategy RPG
My Hype Level: I got sick of this genre a long time ago
GBAtemp Hype Level: Some minor buzz

Dawn-of-Heroes_US_BoxCover_E10boxart_160w.jpg

Sigh, looks like it's getting pushed back another month. Will this game ever get released? Thanks to taken for the information!

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2

Developed by: Square Enix
Published by: Square Enix
Release date: April 18th
Genre: RPG
My Hype Level: I probably won't play until the English release
GBAtemp Hype Level: I'm sure they'll get hyped

dqm22110.jpg

Couldn't find any boxart around, so that's the best I could find.

Anyway, DGM: Joker was decent enough and one of the better Pokemon "knockoffs" out there. It still had issues, though, but overall was fun (not to mention fucking beautiful). As its successor, hopefully it'll write the wrongs of the first game and give us a grade-A product. Yay. Still, it's in Japanese, so a language barrier will either throw a lot of people off or piss of translators from the flood of "DGMJ2 TRANSLATION PLZ!" threads.

Other titles

- Windy x Windham: 4/21
- Katekyoo Hitman Reborn! DS Fate of Heat III - Yuki no Shugosha Raishuu!: 4/29 (Japan)
- Iron Man 2: 4/30 (Europe)

Overall Summary A very boring month compared to last's blowout of big names. But we still get some fun with Dementium headlining the list, offering us some shit-our-pants fun, and the possibly awesome Beat City as well. Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 can also be great, but being Japanese means many people won't be able to get past the language barrier. And of course there's the new Pokemon games
wink.gif

Expect a pretty good next month. We get the long awaited Puzzle Quest: CotW sequel in Puzzle Quest 2, another Blue Dragon game in Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadow, another Super Robot Taisen game with a really long name, a Hogwarts adventure in Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4, and just maybe Legend of Kay if it doesn't completely turn into vaporware. Have a fun April everyone!

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't wait for dementium 2!

i shit my pants too many times to finish the first one.

not really

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dementium II...yes alright. Not sure why I'm not fussed about this game, I enjoyed the first a lot.

Other than that not interested in anything. Also Iron Man 2...wtf HVS? I thought the first DS game was pretty decent, though the none flying sections were awful. This new game looks real bad.

You'd think Sega would have learnt from last time and gave teams more time to make better games.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm only one game that has an interest level for me, but it's a low interest level. I'll be buying Soul Silver on April 1st/2nd though so I'll prolly be playing that for the rest of 2010.

divvy123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im actually looking forward to playing golden sun ds... i haven tplayed the original, but the new one looks amazing

CyrusBlue

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The only game I'm really interested in this month is Beat City. I love Utacchi but I need another rhythm game.

I've played Windy X Windham and it sucked.
I have no interest in Dementium.
I'll play Dragon Quest if it gets an English release.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I thought Dementium I was a great game and I`m convinced, that the sequel will be even better in every way.

What I really like about Renegade Kid is, that they listen to the constructive criticism of reviewers and gamers and try to fix it in their next game (like the map or respawning enemies).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadriano said:
Dementium II...yes alright. Not sure why I'm not fussed about this game, I enjoyed the first a lot.

Other than that not interested in anything. Also Iron Man 2...wtf HVS? I thought the first DS game was pretty decent, though the none flying sections were awful. This new game looks real bad.

You'd think Sega would have learnt from last time and gave teams more time to make better games.

HVS make shitty movie games, which is a shame because some of the licenses can be actually good. The Astro Boy movie game? I mean c'mon, Astro Boy: Omega Factor was amazing. There was A LOT of potential here. They made it suck some major balls. And Iron Man can be a decent licensed game, given the resources and what not, but it looks like shit.

cotyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan Is already getting Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 while we are still waiting for the U/E versions of Dragon Quest VI and IX
mad.gif
, too bad we cant change SQUEENIX way of marketing atleast we will still be having Dementium 2
grog.gif

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn! I SHALL PLAY THE GAME WITH MY DYING WILL!!

Although my dying will isn't strong enough for me to be able to play Dementium, I would probably wet myself at the beginning of the game. D:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended