Gaming DS Games Of 2008 - Part One

berdan

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm hoping for Spore for DS in 2008. Also, I hope Civilization Revolution will live up to its predecessors.

El-ahrairah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy crap, Super Dodgeball is back! I still play Super Dodgeball on a regular basis, the faces they make are comedy gold!

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing about 2008....many games haven't been announced yet. Most of the really good games don't come out until late Summer or Fall. And then there E3 (or whatever passes for E3 now) and the like where new games get announced.

That said, my two most wanted from the above list is Nanostray 2 and Metal Slug 7. Not that I won't check out some of the others, just that those 2 are my stand-outs.

Nthenorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really looking forward to Nanostray 2 and Super Dodge Ball. I'm really disappointed Metal Slug 7 won't have any kind of co-op and will be single player only, but I'll probably still pick it up.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
New Dodge Ball?
New Metal Slug?

grog.gif

engruzii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
yeah 2008 will be another great year for DS

I'm waiting for DQV, DQVI, DQIX & FF4 the most
smile.gif

& i hope for the English release of DQIV (if there is any) & the english release of tales of Innocence

& don't forget the English release for FF:CC (which was ultra awesome & i actually finished it without a guide but still gonna play the English version)

the only thing that the DS needs in my opinion is a KOF game with an wifi gameplay then the DS will really stop me from buying a next gen. console for a year.

RPG's & fighting games FTW
yaynds.gif

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the great list, Hadrian.

I didn't complain/whine about you missing out on the list before.. I knew you were planning for something bigger.
biggrin.gif

What exactly was bad about Metal Slug Advanced? I thought it was a pretty good MS.

~Nero

Dead Ghost

Trophies
XP
Country
For me, these get the gold:

-Galatrix: I played Puzzle Quest like mad, so this is the #1 game i wait.

-N+: played it on pc, very fun game.

-Nanostray 2: the first one was great, but way too short. Part 2 seems to fix this.

-Metal Slug 7: any Metal Slug is good.
biggrin.gif

-Kirby Ultra Super Deluxe: just because i love Kirby.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
less than half a dozen games to look forward to in this part one, but that's just my take on it. average year so far, hopefully part two yields more fruit

PanzerWF

Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
This is freaking sweet. And it's only Part I =O

This'll probably me more helpful as it reveals some of the more subtle games coming out. Part II'll probably be the big games expected out hehe.

And good to see you back hadrian, thanks for sharing ^.^

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Semi Decent ? Kingdomhearts 358/2 Days has yet to come and hadrian forgot to tell us that Ninja Gaiden will come out december (according to the demo).

I didn't forgot, the only date is TBA 2007 and its still not out so I guess it'll be out next year instead.

But you forgot about Exit DS. I've read they've tinkered with the controls some and the game now will offer more than just the touch-screen control option. I look forward to that game as well.

WHAT?! No Advance Wars: Days of Ruin preview? BOOOOO!!! BOOOOO!!!

THIS IS ONLY PART ONE!!!

As I said at the beginning, not all games will be featured in this one thread, but most of them will be covered in Parts Two & Three.

QUOTE(Rayder @ Dec 5 2007, 11:37 PM)
One thing about 2008....many games haven't been announced yet. Most of the really good games don't come out until late Summer or Fall. And then there E3 (or whatever passes for E3 now) and the like where new games get announced.

So very true, but you might or might not remember that around June/July I did a "Games to look forward to later this year" or something titled like that, so if I'm still around by then we'll see another one of those.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
less than half a dozen games to look forward to in this part one, but that's just my take on it. average year so far, hopefully part two yields more fruit

Ninja Gaiden, Apollo Justice, new Castlevania game, Kingdom Hearts, FF:CC, FF Tactics, FFIV, DQ IV, V and IV... I think there's more.. can't remember now, better wait for part 2, hopes Hadrian has better memory than me.. well.. at least if you like RPGs, 2008 will be a good year
yaynds.gif

and let's not forget that a lot of good games that came out this year were announced in this same year..
smile.gif

jeux-france.com has Ninja Gaiden release dates for 02/2008 for the US and 03/2008 for Japan.. IGN has it for 03/2008 in US and Europe.. haven't heard anything official yet, but considering that we're already in December, I don't think we'll see it this year..

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As the title says PART ONE so no "Oh man you suck, wheres "Final Fantasy 17: Fanboy Dreams" or "My Little Fluffer" that comes free with the fleshlight
rofl2.gif
That made me laugh so hard I had to put my coffee down.
bow.gif

Thanks for the great list hadrian. I found myself saying "wow" a lot.

*rolls the dice

"Come on..... Ninja Gaiden"

ACQ

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2