Hacking DS games not booting after sysNAND upgrade to 11.0 (RxTools)

EdwardElric

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Sorry if this was posted in the wrong section)
At one point not too long ago my 3DS was within the 9.0 versions and had RxTools CFW. My 3DS found its way to 11.0 and now it will not boot up original DS games properly. The games load on the Home Menu but when I boot them it does the transition from 3DS to DS then it stays at a black screen for all DS games.
I have tried games like Mario Kart DS, Super Mario 64 DS, Yoshi's Island, Sonic Classic Collection, Sonic Rush, and more and I got nothing but a black screen. Any help?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
(Sorry if this was posted in the wrong section)
At one point not too long ago my 3DS was within the 9.0 versions and had RxTools CFW. My 3DS found its way to 11.0 and now it will not boot up original DS games properly. The games load on the Home Menu but when I boot them it does the transition from 3DS to DS then it stays at a black screen for all DS games.
I have tried games like Mario Kart DS, Super Mario 64 DS, Yoshi's Island, Sonic Classic Collection, Sonic Rush, and more and I got nothing but a black screen. Any help?
Did you play with TWL firm when in 9.0?

By 11.0 you mean your SysNAND?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My SysNAND is at 11.0 and I dont quite remember about TWL firm.
If you can't boot DS games, but can boot 3DS games from cartridge, that means you installed a different version of the TWL firm.

And since you're in SysNAND 11.0, I'm sorry, but you can't do a thing, unless you do a Hardmod or a DSiWare Dowgrade to get back to 9.2.

EdwardElric

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can't boot DS games, but can boot 3DS games from cartridge, that means you installed a different version of the TWL firm.

And since you're in SysNAND 11.0, I'm sorry, but you can't do a thing, unless you do a Hardmod or a DSiWare Dowgrade to get back to 9.2.
Hardmod? I've heard of that but not a DSiWare Downgrade

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hardmod? I've heard of that but not a DSiWare Downgrade
It's a method to downgrade your FIRM from 11.0 to 10.4 using a DSiWare game bought from the eShop, Fieldrunners is one of them, I don't remember the another one. After you downgrade your FIRM to 10.4, you can use Sysupdater from there to get back to 9.2.

However, you need to inject it a save file, so the process consists in you having an already hacked 3DS, buy the game in that one, inject the save and transfer the console contents using Nintendo's official transfer method. If you don't have another 3DS that's hacked with A9LH, you can only try the hardmod.

EdwardElric

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a method to downgrade your FIRM from 11.0 to 10.4 using a DSiWare game bought from the eShop, Fieldrunners is one of them, I don't remember the another one. After you downgrade your FIRM to 10.4, you can use Sysupdater from there to get back to 9.2.

However, you need to inject it a save file, so the process consists in you having an already hacked 3DS, buy the game in that one, inject the save and transfer the console contents using Nintendo's official transfer method. If you don't have another 3DS that's hacked with A9LH, you can only try the hardmod.
Any tutorials on a hardmod? Hopefully not much soldering xD

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry, don't know about a good one, maybe someone else can give you some advice.

But yes, it requires you to be good at soldering. Believe me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night