Gaming DS games like on DSI

xCuteBunnyx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the DS games like on the DSi?

Anyone have a real life video or screen shot?
And no games have been out for the DSI so far? : ( I was curious on how they will use the camera.

svnelvn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ does that mean they just decided to use larger pixels to make the screen bigger? that's so stupid

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
svnelvn said:
^ does that mean they just decided to use larger pixels to make the screen bigger? that's so stupid
No that doesn't mean that. It's like having a 17" and 19" monitor and using the same resolution(and aspect ratio)

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Pimpmynintendo said:
svnelvn said:
No that doesn't mean that. It's like having a 17" and 19" monitor and using the same resolution(and aspect ratio)
If I was the kind of guy to be running around shouting "Objection!", I'd be doing it pretty hard right now.

But I'm not that kind of guy.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
svnelvn said:
It's not stupid, it's just bigger. Would you prefer to have two incompatible screen resolutions? To make it clear, the resolution is the same. Same number of pixels, the screens and their pixels are bigger.

abc2390986

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Just think about the new WarioWare for DSi. You may have to face the camara, and put your little finger into your nostril FOR REAL!

just kidding...

Anyway, Nintendo had announced the first game for DSi, It calls "WarioWare: Photograph".
Just as its name implies, we should play the game with DSi's camara.

xCuteBunnyx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah yay cool! can't wait to see what it is like? When is it?

Also are the old DS games on DSI screen stretched? Any screenies?

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
abc2390986 said:
Just think about the new WarioWare for DSi. You may have to face the camara, and put your little finger into your nostril FOR REAL!

just kidding...

Anyway, Nintendo had announced the first game for DSi, It calls "WarioWare: Photograph".

Actually I'd like that. Not because of the nose picking thing but the absolute immersion.

Probably at best though it'll take a picture of you quickly and make you pick it in game.

Endogene

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Renegade_R said:
abc2390986 said:

just kidding...

Actually I'd like that. Not because of the nose picking thing but the absolute immersion.

Probably at best though it'll take a picture of you quickly and make you pick it in game.

Funny that you mention it because there is a video of the new wario ware for the DSi and you indeed do that, well you put your finger in the nose that is on screen.

agentgamma

I dont know what to put here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Endogene said:
Renegade_R said:
abc2390986 said:

just kidding...

Funny that you mention it because there is a video of the new wario ware for the DSi and you indeed do that, well you put your finger in the nose that is on screen.
Warioware never fails to make me laugh
rofl2.gif

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
abc2390986 said:

just kidding...

LMAO. good call.

The only thing is, I have a feeling it is gonna kinda suck. Compared to the others, anyway.

What i reall want to see is Warioware: Touched 2 >_>

xCuteBunnyx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jordan10la said:
poke-arc-en-ciel_785 said:
They feel like the same. Its just the D-Pad.
What's different about the dpad? Better? I love the DS phat ones but not so muc hteh DS lite buttons and dpad.

The D-Pad is flatter(if I remember correctly, or it could be the other way around raised.)

And you never know...pretty soon someone will make up a flashcart.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
svnelvn said:
It's not stupid, it's just bigger. Would you prefer to have two incompatible screen resolutions? To make it clear, the resolution is the same. Same number of pixels, the screens and their pixels are bigger.
Actually I WOULD have preferred a higher resolution screen. That would've meant that the DSi was more than half-assed as they would've also likely improved the CPU and some other things rather just puttting in a slightly larger screen, builtin RAM exp pack, deletion of GBA slot, and the addition of 2 cameras.

I'd've mentioned the supposedly faster networking, but from early reviews of the DSi with the browser it would seem that the network can't be usefully faster as they all say "slow" browsing, of course this could also be symptomatic of the underpowered ARM9.

That said, from the reviews, the only difference in the screens seems to be that the DSi screen is SLIGHTLY brighter at the cost of reduced battery runtime.

As to flash carts, I'm kind of thinking not long now, as user code has already been run on the DSi, hello world... }:D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: For real for real