Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Smatchmo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My cousin is a gamer who is also one of those unfortunate unnatural left handed people. I guess the sorry creature has learned how to properly play a DS with his right hand, but, in honor of the greatest handheld, I want to get him some games that are designed with his people in mind.

I only know of 3 DS games that are Southpaw friendly, but I'm certain there are more: Moon, Hotel Dusk Room 215, and B Team Metal Cartoon Squad. Others? the best?

Thanks
smile.gif

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
^.^ IM NOT ALONE!
wario ware is a decent game that's fun, quick and can be for leftys. i can think of about 4 more but im missing their names
frown.gif
soz but wario ware is an awsome game!

saintvikki

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Smatchmo said:
My cousin is a gamer who is also one of those unfortunate unnatural left handed people. I guess the sorry creature has learned how to properly play a DS with his right hand, but, in honor of the greatest handheld, I want to get him some games that are designed with his people in mind.

I only know of 3 DS games that are Southpaw friendly, but I'm certain there are more: Moon, Hotel Dusk Room 215, and B Team Metal Cartoon Squad. Others? the best?

Thanks
smile.gif

wacko.gif
Unfortunate for who? You do know that left handed people aren't a race.....
gbasp.gif
rolleyes.gif

ShaneC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my issue, as a lefty, is that I'm adjusted to having the standard control layout, using the Dpad w/ my left thumb.

Trying to use the stylus w/ the right...or train my right thumb to work a D-pad, is just not gonna work for me!
frown.gif

Hotel Dusk deffinatly works well for a lefty though.

Immortal Game

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShaneC said:
my issue, as a lefty, is that I'm adjusted to having the standard control layout, using the Dpad w/ my left thumb.

Trying to use the stylus w/ the right...or train my right thumb to work a D-pad, is just not gonna work for me!
frown.gif

Same for me, I eventually got used to left handed mode on MPH though.

And to the OP, like most people have said, most DS games have a left handed mode, and it's really not that bad. You make being left handed sound like it's some kind of medical condition.

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
ShaneC said:

frown.gif

For mph or any game that uses the dpad, L button, and stylus you can hold the stylus in your thumb and pointing finger, use the dpad with your middle and weeding ring finer and use your little finger for the L button

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Smatchmo said:
My cousin is a gamer who is also one of those unfortunate unnatural left handed people. I guess the sorry creature has learned how to properly play a DS with his
I know this is off-topic but left handed people, including me are neither unfortunate nor unnatural.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
What makes this thread funny is the fact the some people don't appear to realise that the OP is obviously joking when he implies left-handedness is a medical condition.

Angry_Games

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.angrygames.com
XP
Country
United States
I suppose I too am an infidel that would have been burned at the stake in the old days for being wrong-handed....

CoD4 was a serious pain in the ass until I figured out how to lefty it...my wife is left as well...why not make some lefty DS's (then they could fail like Ned's Leftorium...)

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm left handed, and I play every games as well or even better then right handed people... You also use or fork or the left hand and your knife on the right...

So it doesn't really make a difference in most games, just a matter of practice is guess...
And it's harder to play games with the left handed mode for those used to play normaly...

Smatchmo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help, GBAtempers.

My cuz really digs the lefty-capableness of the B Metal Cartoon game, though, as has been said, he's told me that the right-handedness of many DS games doesn't bother him because he's gotten used vidgames being designed for right-handed ppl.

And that pisses me off because he is a much better gamer than i. AND HE DOES IT EVEN THOUGH HE'S DEFECTIVE! God only knows how much he'd kick my ass if he were a normal person.

But this raises all sorts of questions for me (and I don't mind if this thread is moved since I'm taking it into maybe a whole new direction that might not fit the folder this was originally placed in).

My cuz has been gaming since the early 90's--- he started on an NES--- so he's gotten used to the right-handed centricity of the world. Are southpaws too used to it that they wouldn't be able to play games/systems that are designed for leftys? Someone suggested Nintendo make left handed DSs. Would those actually sell among the leftys or would you leftys cock an eyebrow at such an item and purchase a "normal" DS?

(BTW- he was utterly fascinated by the controls of B Metal)

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Angry_Games said:
I suppose I too am an infidel that would have been burned at the stake in the old days for being wrong-handed....

CoD4 was a serious pain in the ass until I figured out how to lefty it...my wife is left as well...why not make some lefty DS's (then they could fail like Ned's Leftorium...)
Ned's Leftorium was awesome. I was thinking about that when I saw this thread.
rofl2.gif

Yeah, I think most of us left-handed people have trained ourselves into a right-handed mode during video game usage.
The only times I have ever been bothered was Advance Wars : Dual Strike in Combat mode, no left hand option, and N+ Level Creator.
N+ Level Creator is very difficult. I made a penis level saying LEFT HAND CONTROL and put it online as protest. Took forever to make.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool