XP
Country
United States
ahaha. i knew this day would come
and here i am

so im going on vacation for about a week or so
we are driving places which means long car rides
so what games should i stack up on?

i know most games (im here alot to recommend other people games but not so much for myself)
but i kinda want some of your opinions :]

games im definitely bringing:
-phoenix wright
-mario party
-pokemon
-pokemon mystery dungeon
-rhythm heaven (j)

about game genres i like
i dont have a certain preference, cuz im not that much of a picky gamer
but i do dislike slow games (those are the times i wish i had an emulator so i could press the spacebar)
games like phoenix wright are okay
but i like fast paced ones
i guess my fav genres are like action/adventure

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd just load up on games, particularly if you have an 8GB card, a good slot-1 card, and an EZFlash 3-in-1.
I never know what kind of game I might want to play...
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3!!!

Or just bring a laptop loaded up with tons of games.

D

Deleted-119707

need for speed prostreet
metroid prime hunter
crossworDS
mario kart ds
final fantasy III
trauma centre 2
ninja gaiden ds

all i can think of. all these games i spend quite alot of time on

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll give you a list of some of my favorite games. Have you tried Rhythm Tengoku Gold, Geometry Wars, Soma Bringer, Soul Bubbles, and Space Invaders Extreme? I'm addicted to Tony Hawk games, but I don't know if you are into that.

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
space invaders and araknoid are big no-nos. i only got about 10 minutes of play before it started getting incredibly boring as hell on each. I'd bring a good RPG and lots of puzzle/rythem games. I can spend easily an hour of play on any puzzle (preferably patched puyo puyo 15th aniversary/ puzzle quest)

Quick edit: puzzle quest is by far my most favorite puzzle ever. its way too under-rated.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You might want a couple of games that are time consuming in the RPG genre. Two of my personal favs are Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker and Front Mission, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 is really good as well but I have not played it enough to consider it a favourite.

Despite the translation flaws in DQM, it is still a really solid monster game and the whole breeding system makes things interesting in building the best monster team. I love Front Mission because robots + turn based strategy and arena combats = fun for me.

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Has Front Mission been translated? I'm interested in it.

::ONTOPIC::

I killed about 10 hours of travelling on one of my holidays (All up) and about 15 hours when I was just sitting around the cabin playing Animal Crossing. If anyone who you're going with has a DS, and a flashcart (or Animal Crossing) the fun multiplies. Especially when you do raids on their town when they invite you over so you can sell things at their shop and upgrade it. Heh.

You've already got most of the staples. I'd suggest some Turn Based Strategy games, but you seem to be like me and like action. Glory Days 2 is one of the most under-rated DS games of all time, IMO, and definitely worth a shot. Voltage has it spot on with Geo Wars, there is so much stuff to unlock.

You might want to look into Advance Wars: Dual Strike, if you feel so inclined. Your best bet has already been said by wchill, though. Just load 'er up with games, especially if you have a 3in1. There's really good GBA games that suck up time, including the Golden Sun series.

evoo1

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Australia
Mario & Luigi - Partners in Time

awesome RPG that will keep you entertained for like 15 hours
smile.gif

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Private|Parts said:
Has Front Mission been translated? I'm interested in it.

::ONTOPIC::

I killed about 10 hours of travelling on one of my holidays (All up) and about 15 hours when I was just sitting around the cabin playing Animal Crossing. If anyone who you're going with has a DS, and a flashcart (or Animal Crossing) the fun multiplies. Especially when you do raids on their town when they invite you over so you can sell things at their shop and upgrade it. Heh.

You've already got most of the staples. I'd suggest some Turn Based Strategy games, but you seem to be like me and like action. Glory Days 2 is one of the most under-rated DS games of all time, IMO, and definitely worth a shot. Voltage has it spot on with Geo Wars, there is so much stuff to unlock.

You might want to look into Advance Wars: Dual Strike, if you feel so inclined. Your best bet has already been said by wchill, though. Just load 'er up with games, especially if you have a 3in1. There's really good GBA games that suck up time, including the Golden Sun series.
There are two Front Mission games, one is already out and another just came out in Japan. The one that is available here is a remake of the original and I think the next one is a sequal or something

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night