Gaming DS Games Expected June And Beyond

Trolly

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2007
Messages
1,716
Trophies
0
Age
29
Location
Behind you! I know you looked!
Website
Visit site
XP
207
Country
I thought I'd post some release dates, seeing as June looks like such a good month for DS games (in the US mainly).

US:
June 3:
LEGO Indiana Jones,
Summon Night: Twin Age - Screenies Here
June 17:
Etrian Odyssey 2: Heroes of Lagaard, - Screenies Here
Gauntlet, - Screenies Here
Mega Man Star Force 2: Zerker X Ninja/Saurian (2 versions) - Screenies Here
June 22:
Guitar Hero: On Tour - Screenies Here
June 24:
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift - Screenies Here
June 30/July 1:
Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 - Screenies Here
June TBA:
Black Sigil

UK
May 9:
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney - Screenies Here
June 6:
Etrian Odyssey (1), - Screenies & Review Here
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution - Screenies Here
June 27:
Harvest Fishing/River King: Mystic Valley (from the makers of Harvest Moon) - Screenies Here
June 28:
Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword - Screenies Here
June TBA:
Black Sigil

And I just thought this was hilarious:

Japan:
May 29:
English of the Dead
An educational spin-off of the House of the Dead franchise, this game has you killing off zombies by translating Japanese words into English. As zombies approach, panels with Japanese text appear over them. It's up to you to write the English translations by using the stylus. Get the translation correct, and the zombie will die off, shouting out the English phrase that you just entered.

EDIT:
There are some interesting titles in the Jap release dates for the next year, that Nintendo haven't announced over here. So I thought I'd list them seeing as it's quite interesting:

- Luminous Arc 2 - Screenies Here
- Dragon Quest V - Screenies Here
- Daigasso Band Brothers DX
- Dragon Quest IX: Protectors of the Sky (The two cartridges is a fake
mad.gif
) - Screenies Here
- Kirby Ultra Super Deluxe (remake of the 1996 SNES game Kirby Super Star) - Screenies Here
- Ragnarok DS (popular MMO on the PC for those who don't know what Ragnarok is).
- Sim City DS 2 - Screenies Here
- Sigma Harmonics (a new Puzzle/RPG game from Square-Enix) - Screenies Here
- World Destruction (A new RPG from SEGA, including staff that worked on FF7, Crono Trigger and Grandia). - Screenies Here
- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Screenies & Info Here

EDIT 2:
Another RPG is coming up this year called Black Sigil. It's scheduled for sometime in Q2 (so we can expect to see it in the next couple of months, possibly June).
Here is the website:
http://www.studioarchcraft.com/

It also says after this project, they will be making another game. (Woohoo).
 

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Member
Joined
May 2, 2008
Messages
1,636
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
I have a bomb alallalallala
XP
324
Country
United States
SWEET
You forgot to mention "Sonic Chronicles:The DarkBrotherHood".
The best game up there seems to be "World Destruction" seems like an epic RPG.

Edit:Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Black Sigil
MegaMan Starforce 2
Gaunlet

Can't wait for those games
 

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2008
Messages
1,221
Trophies
0
Age
29
Location
Right Here
XP
141
Country
Canada
No US release mention for Civ? not that it will effectively matter.

But it danged well better be apearing here in Canada.

I plan to buy, but if I get snubbed, I'll still get it, I just won't be helping them much.
 

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Joined
Dec 22, 2007
Messages
8,147
Trophies
0
Age
33
Location
Depths of Nuclear powerplant
XP
593
Country
Croatia
World Destruction looks great, I'm waiting for more RPGs like those to come to NDS..

I'm also looking forward to Summon Night: Twin Age, Guitar Hero, FF Tactics A2, Luminous Arc 2, Dragon Quest V and IX (two cartridges, insane!!)..And Sigma Harmonics looks good..

Well, great games are coming!! It's great news..
 

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Member
Joined
May 2, 2008
Messages
1,636
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
I have a bomb alallalallala
XP
324
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
World Destruction looks great, I'm waiting for more RPGs like those to come to NDS..

I'm also looking forward to Summon Night: Twin Age, Guitar Hero, FF Tactics A2, Luminous Arc 2, Dragon Quest V and IX (two cartridges, insane!!)..And Sigma Harmonics looks good..

Well, great games are coming!! It's great news..
Same here
 

Trolly

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2007
Messages
1,716
Trophies
0
Age
29
Location
Behind you! I know you looked!
Website
Visit site
XP
207
Country
QUOTE said:
Is that 2 cartridges for DQ9 a joke? I'm pretty sure it's never been said about the cartridges. And how would we flashcard users handle the thing?
Actually, glad you brought that up. It's in no way confirmed. It's just that while browsing for screenshots I saw an image of the inside of the box, which contained two DQ9 carts. Infact, here's a link to the screenshot:
2 Carts

I'd see no reason for it to be faked, and it looks real enough. Must be an absolutely huge game if that's the case!

QUOTEBleach: Dark Souls - US
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Japan
Ryuusei no Rockman 3 (Tentative Title) - Japan
Gyakuten Kenji - Japan

And ooh, I forgot Kingdom Hearts, thanks for mentioning it. As for Perfect Prosecutor, most people know about that already, so I didn't bother putting it in. The other two aren't quite popular enough to mention (actually, what is Ryuusei no Rockman 3?).
 

Zaraf

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
743
Trophies
0
Age
38
Location
Edmonton, Alberta
Website
Visit site
XP
386
Country
Canada
Trolly said:
QUOTE said:
Is that 2 cartridges for DQ9 a joke? I'm pretty sure it's never been said about the cartridges. And how would we flashcard users handle the thing?
Actually, glad you brought that up. It's in no way confirmed. It's just that while browsing for screenshots I saw an image of the inside of the box, which contained two DQ9 carts. Infact, here's a link to the screenshot:
2 Carts

I'd see no reason for it to be faked, and it looks real enough. Must be an absolutely huge game if that's the case!

QUOTEBleach: Dark Souls - US
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Japan
Ryuusei no Rockman 3 (Tentative Title) - Japan
Gyakuten Kenji - Japan

And ooh, I forgot Kingdom Hearts, thanks for mentioning it. As for Perfect Prosecutor, most people know about that already, so I didn't bother putting it in. The other two aren't quite popular enough to mention (actually, what is Ryuusei no Rockman 3?).


This was confirmed a fake a LONG time ago. I don't know why people still believe this to be plausible. You can't "swap cartridges" like you can swap CDs. And even if it were to save your game somewhere and load it up on the second cartridge, WHERE would it save the data? On your DS? Nope.

Go ahead and try taking out a cartridge while the DS is running and see what happens
tongue.gif
In a CD game, as long as nothing is being loaded or streamed from the CD, the game runs fine without the CD
smile.gif
 

Akotan

Mathematical!
Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2004
Messages
560
Trophies
0
Age
42
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
385
Country
Brazil
Two carts for DQIX? Maybe they'll work like Zelda Oracle games or Golden Sun ones, transferring data and info with passwords... Can't imagine other way to transfer progress from one cart to another because DS doesn't hold any game data. Instead of downloading one big file, leechers will download two huge files to their flashcarts.
biggrin.gif
 

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2007
Messages
3,150
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
Canada
Website
Visit site
XP
228
Country
Canada
Summon Night: Twin Age
Etrian Odyssey 2: Heroes of Lagaard
Gauntlet
Mega Man Star Force 2: Zerker X Ninja/Saurian (
Guitar Hero: On Tour
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 - Screenies Here
Black Sigil

All that in one month?! This just blew my mind. Well, I should finish Etrain odyssey and MMSF soon....
 

Trolly

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2007
Messages
1,716
Trophies
0
Age
29
Location
Behind you! I know you looked!
Website
Visit site
XP
207
Country
QUOTE said:
This was confirmed a fake a LONG time ago. I don't know why people still believe this to be plausible. You can't "swap cartridges" like you can swap CDs. And even if it were to save your game somewhere and load it up on the second cartridge, WHERE would it save the data? On your DS? Nope.

Go ahead and try taking out a cartridge while the DS is running and see what happens tongue.gif In a CD game, as long as nothing is being loaded or streamed from the CD, the game runs fine without the CD smile.gif

You make a good point, but how was it proven wrong? It's entirely possible, just a little difficult to carry out. I'll just hang tight and see.

QUOTEAll that in one month?! This just blew my mind.
Yeah, it blew mine too. That's why I had to come and share the information with you!
yaynds.gif
 

MagNetCZ

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2007
Messages
383
Trophies
0
Age
30
Location
Prague
Website
Visit site
XP
137
Country
Zaraf said:
This was confirmed a fake a LONG time ago. I don't know why people still believe this to be plausible. You can't "swap cartridges" like you can swap CDs. And even if it were to save your game somewhere and load it up on the second cartridge, WHERE would it save the data? On your DS? Nope.

Go ahead and try taking out a cartridge while the DS is running and see what happens
tongue.gif
In a CD game, as long as nothing is being loaded or streamed from the CD, the game runs fine without the CD
smile.gif
If you take out the cartridge when a commercial game is running the program freezes, however if you do that to a homebrew (which of course isn't streaming data atm) then you can happily keep playing/using the app. This means that the freezing is probably just something built in the official devkits and is called when the cartridge is taken out. Also why couldn't your DS hold the data for a little moment? It's got 4MB of ram, the game would unload, at least partially, freeing up the required amount of memory for the save data (the maximal save size on the DS is 512kB IIRC) and when the new card is inserted it would copy the save data and continue the game, why not. But it would definitely be silly, cartridge swapping on a handheld, hah, and isn't DQ a kind of free exploring game anyway? There would be tons of duplicate data on the carts :/
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man