DS games don't work NO$GBA

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Orangegamer, May 24, 2008.

May 24, 2008
  1. Orangegamer
    OP

Member Orangegamer GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    hey guys im new to this forum so anyways ds games don't work on NO$GBA emulator. All it says is "can not find save file" and thats it
    any ideas?

Many thanks

2. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    sounds like you didn't select the right save type.

no$gba doesn't know what savetype goes with each game, to fix it try out all savetypes under NDS in the emulation settings.
    after changing savetype make sure to "reset the cartridge"

3. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    The latest version has auto-savetype detection.

4. Orangegamer
    OP

United Kingdom
    thanks a bunch you guys
    i havent tried it but i will...soon [​IMG]

5. playallday

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada
    Come on guys!

Use the newest before you post!

Go here.

6. Orangegamer
    OP

United Kingdom
  7. Eternal Myst

Member Eternal Myst Back from the Myst.

United States
    You don't want No$Gba 2.6.You want no$gba 2.6a.That version has auto-save detection,but you need to donate to get it,or search for torrents.

8. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    If you can't donate $2.50 for the development of the most accurate emulator out there, then use the free version.

9. Narin

United States
    Agreed, 2.6a is certainly worth the 2.50$ *donated already to get it* Even most of the pirates on here would rather donate then steal the 2.6a version mainly because the developer deserves the donation for all his hard work.

10. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Actually considering the fact it's $2.50 per release for a hypocritically titled NO 'Cash'$ GBA, I'd say torrenting it is fair game. It's not the first time that guy has done it over the years. Each time on his emulators for Nintendo systems (since they're the most popular I guess of his projects) he hits a big milestone (adding GBC to NO$GB, etc) he charges for it. $2.50 is the cheapest by far as in the past it was locked down to $1000's of dollars for dev'rs only, to a sorta meaty price like that dimwit Marat does with his decade+ old still running poor emulators...but it's more of a point of sticking it to a sheister. Guess I'm one of the few that know a long going nasty backstory with the author going into the mid-90s so in good conscience I can't reward arrogant, rude, nasty, backstabby, sheisty, twofaced, and manipulative childish behavior with cash whether it's $2.50 or $2,500.

I didn't pay for it, I given a copy of it...and it works fairly nice. The one huge perk is that it runs full speed while the others don't, and the others run less and in less nice condition.

11. Narin

United States
    Wrong, its not 2.50$ per release, its a one time fee of 2.50$ and thats all only for the latest development builds, not the stable builds which are always free. When you donate, you get sent a link where you can always get the latest version anytime you want without the need of donating again. By development, I mean the work in progress version of No$GBA.

The developer edition of No$GBA is cost, about 100$ or so I believe, but this has no benefits to the normal user. You can't even play NDS games easily on it, it also doesn't run the games any better than the free version of No$GBA. The difference is, it has a comprehensive debugger that lets you debug games and the emulates Nintendo DS hardware to better to program and test out games you made for the Nintendo DS.

12. Eternal Myst

Member Eternal Myst Back from the Myst.

United States
    I did take it off a torrent,because it seems he stopped working on it.If he returns with the latest version I will be happy to pay 2.50$.

13. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Narin I'm speaking historically on the cost of the dev'r version. Back when it was just the GBC/GBA era I had friends working for what was Digital Eclipse and they bought his developer copy and it was a few thousand dollars USD at that point. If he's down to around $100 or so, that's great of him, but before it was pure driven greed at that period and there was no freebie download as he was on an anti-piracy bender due to a lot of lamer idiots demanding ROMs or to make X ROM work on it.

The only part you got me on was the $2.50, and I never looked into it, was just told by numerous people it was a repeated fee.