DS games can go through the wash

Retal

Trophies
XP
Country
Motherboards and chips and such can get wet but after a short while they fizzle out.
lol.

You are clearly a chemist and a qualified electrician.
But it's the Internet, so say whatever the fuck you like and if you do so with enough authority, people will believe you. After all, your name is Sonicandtails.

becker2384

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad to know a game can go through the wash. I dropped my cell in the pisser and it wasn't so lucky!
cry.gif
grog.gif

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Motherboards and chips and such can get wet but after a short while they fizzle out.

lol.

You are clearly a chemist and a qualified electrician.
But it's the Internet, so say whatever the fuck you like and if you do so with enough authority, people will believe you. After all, your name is Sonicandtails.
Except this is absolutely true. The only two reasons that I know for sure that a motherboard will fry from moisture is from electricity running through it while wet, or letting the moisture sit on it long enough. I may have an online handle I have used since 1999, but that doesn't make me some young idiot. I'm no electrician, and I am no chemist, but I have currently passed both A+ Hard/Software courses and am on my CCNA3 course right now for Cisco Networking. I think I may know a little more about PCBs and EEPROMs then the average Joe.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as no power was surging through the cart, they will usually survive a trip through the wash.

I've many stories about carts in the wash over at NSider. They always worked after the people let them.

As for the whole Wii_DS is retman thing.....LOL

Retal

Trophies
XP
Country

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
As long a its non volatile it would be fine(with proper drying of course
tongue.gif
) . My MPH cartridge went through the wash and all that happened was that the sticker got wrinkled a little bit.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Chotaz

I'm back! :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just a heads up!

My copy of Pokemon Pearl went through a wash/dry cycle just fine (it was an accident by the way!). The sticker isn't even scratched, there's no evidence of the torture it went through, and the game works exactly the same as before.

I'm not sure about homebrew equipment, though, I'm not even going to try it with my R4DS...

Now that's luck
dry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: