Hacking DS Flashcarts

dielosk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm new at this DS stuff. I read that there's a flashcart that does not require passme or passcard. Any suggestions on which flashcart I should get? If I get a brand new DS, do I still need to flashme or would the flashcart + memory card be enough to use the DS? Any suggestions on what would be the best way to do this?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
basically, slot two (gba slot) carts require flashme or a passcard to play ds. most slot ones (ds slot) don't require them.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the people Above whom were jerks about this in no way represent GBAtemp.net
lecture.gif

For the good stuff!

First of all, the Neo2 SD isnt that great, if youll look at the GBAtemp review: HERE
Its 4/10 Pretty rediculous for being the "BEST" as CronoTrig stated...

To get a Cart that doesn't require flashme, you'd need a "slot 1" type device, or one that uses the DS slot only. While you may think that this will save you money, consider this...

Because there isn't too much space to pack things into a DS cart sized cart, the overall limit for it will be restricted to what is built in (AFAIK)
DS-X
and it will run you about $100-150 USD
this requires no flashing, which means that Nintendo cant technically prove that you voided you warranty..
and compatability for DS games i best of all
biggrin.gif

However, if you buy a Slot 2 based cart, You could flash it (its easier, and worry free of malware
biggrin.gif
) or you could use a passme-device that doesn't stick out. Kinda like the superkey:
SuperKey
You could use remove-able media, which means it might be easier to transfer files, and put homebrew.
The compatability is great, im using a Supercard SD, which serves me well, plays just about all DS games that i want to play, as well as homebrew, its the cheapest and most inexpensive way to play your backups! There is better, but this suites many of us well
biggrin.gif
(just ask around)

I would say, that you read the reviews, and decide what is best for you. If your shopping on price, go with a supercard SD, and a pass-me device, SD card, and flash your ds, otherwise, if you wanna fork out the $$ and give up all gba games, go for a Slot 1 device like the DS-X

good luck!!
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1